Proposal: Montreal - Calgary

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
It's not like we were trying to trade lame prospects and career AHLer like Jones or Benson! Guys that are on the table actually have potentiel to contribute easilly in anyone's top6 / Top4 in a near future.
Sell those ice cubes to other Eskimos. No NHL GM is going to buy them.

Reactions: Flyer lurker

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Montreal reject this trade.

Agreed.

I rather have Drouin over Gaudreau at this stage. Drouin is more cost controlled with term and both are soft types. And I would not be so quick to trade Guhle. It's early but this kid could be a good one. He was very effective in his first WJC at age 18 for a D man. How much he develops from this point moving forward is undetermined but there is potential there.

I don't think this makes the Habs a better team after this deal. I'm a fan of Gaudreau but how much more does he provide over Drouin? Not sure how much. As far as Hanifin goes... I don't think he's the type I would be looking for to play with Weber.

Plus we give up a 1st? I rather stay put. No disrespect to the Flames

patriotfan

Jun 8, 2014
Oh please name me the 5 players. Please I beg you.
If you say gaudreau you're just delusional because calagary fans already proposed that shit and habs fans said hell no.
that is why your not a manager your a spectator just like i am and you have habs glasses on how about look at reality and then you will wake up, the flames have at least five players worth more than suzuki, i am not the manage i am a neutral fans that doesn't like either team so there you have, and hab fans pick on leaf fans for over valuing their players...hmmmm

Reactions: Flyer lurker

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Drouin seems like he would drag down a 35+ goal scorer. Drouin is what he is now, a tweener good for about .6 PPG without an especially physical game. He has solid offensive instincts, but doesn't have the physical abilities or skill to fully realize on those instincts.

Gaudreau trends...

- 84 pts in 80 games
- 99 pts in 82 games
- 58 pts in 70 games
- 27 pts in 40 games

Both Drouin and Gaudreau are soft and Gaudreau is more proven but not on a good trend since his 99 pts season. Drouin is cheaper for the cap and with one more year. What gains do the Habs get with Gaudreau based on the latest trends between Drouin and Gaudreau? 15 pts a season?

I don't hate Hanifin as a option for us but Flames value him high. I rather wait for another LD to open up as time moves forward.

This Habs fan declines this trade. Guhle and a 1st is too much to add and I don't think Hanifin moves the needle for us.

Gally999

Aug 19, 2020
What's with all that love for suzuki, what has he done for all that love, i know he's young and a good player but i see him as a good all around player but not a star player, so come down hab fans, i would not trade gaudreau straight up for suzuki, gaudreau has put up 90 plus point already i bet you suzuki will never do that, he never did even in junior, and you wouldn't trade him for any flames player buddy give your head a shake, i can think of 5 players on the flames with more value than suzuki, so there you have it from a neutral fan and a leaf fan.
Nick Suzuki Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com
you're welcome

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Gaudreau trends...

- 84 pts in 80 games
- 99 pts in 82 games
- 58 pts in 70 games
- 27 pts in 40 games

Both Drouin and Gaudreau are soft and Gaudreau is more proven but not on a good trend since his 99 pts season. Drouin is cheaper for the cap and with one more year. What gains do the Habs get with Gaudreau based on the latest trends between Drouin and Gaudreau? 15 pts a season?

I don't hate Hanifin as a option for us but Flames value him high. I rather wait for another LD to open up as time moves forward.

This Habs fan declines this trade. Guhle and a 1st is too much to add and I don't think Hanifin moves the needle for us.

Lol....comparing Drouin to Gaudreau golden.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Lol....comparing Drouin to Gaudreau golden.

I am and I said the trends indicate Gaudreau produces 15 more pts over a full season. Deal with it. Both players are soft wingers. Gaudreau is a few seasons away from his 99 pts season now and is trending to 60 pts (+/-) at this stage. Drouin is around 45-50 range. Gaudreau has one less year in term while Drouin is a bit cheaper.

So yeah, I like Johnny hockey but both Gaudreau and Hanifin don't move the needle for me to include both our 1st and Guhle. I pass on this one

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
I am and I said the trends indicate Gaudreau produces 15 more pts over a full season. Deal with it. Both players a soft wingers

Lol....does this work for Montreal players too? Weber is below .5 PPG. Do I need to get into how Price is "trending"? Is that too sensitive of a topic?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Lol....does this work for Montreal players too? Weber is below .5 PPG. Do I need to get into how Price is "trending"? Is that too sensitive of a topic?

In a way yes it does. Trends are important in any trade. Demand on the player being shopped is also a factor.... drives the price up in some cases. Duchene for example? Remember when Sakic was shopping him for like 2 years.

Flames won't get 100 pts trade value with Gaudreau. More like 60-70 range at this stage. However, if several teams line up, that could change

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
In a way yes it does. Trends are important in any trade. Demand on the player being shopped is also a factor.... drives the price up. Duchene for example? Remember when Sakic was shopping him for like 2 years.

Price is trending towards David Rittich's numbers. Same same?

malton

Feb 17, 2009
I would imagine that if Calgary wanted to move these players they would move them in separate deals. 1st plus prospect + for each of them. Would signal a full rebuild though which means more pieces would be on the move. Not sure that's where the team would be headed, especially after hiring Sutter.

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
Oh please name me the 5 players. Please I beg you.
If you say gaudreau you're just delusional because calagary fans already proposed that shit and habs fans said hell no.

Lindholm>Suzuki

Tkachuk too even if he is having a down year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad