OT: Montreal Alouettes Thread Part 2

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Oh wow
Hate lose him he clearly was a special receiver for us even just as a rookie
But suuuuper happy for him, and he helped us to a title at least,
Wish him good fortune in the wars to come

The good news is that if he is cut by the Falcons he is still under contract with the Als and will come here. Maciocia confirmed that when he was on 91.9 Sports FM the other day and was asked about it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Redux91

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Also seemingly available is Running Back Brady Oliveira. He was with the Blue Bombers and last year, he rushed for the most yards (almost 400 yards more than Edmonton's Kevin Brown, who was 2nd).

It sounds like Stanback won't be back. Oliveira would be a hell of a signing if they can get him. My guess though is he's probably looking to go to the NFL. However, Als can still sign him and he can come here if he ends up getting cut.

Looks like a Falcons logo!

My bad. It is the Falcons. I said Eagles because I was listening to something on the radio and they were talking about the Eagles. :laugh:

Fixed it. Thanks

Reactions: Redux91

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal

Also seemingly available is Running Back Brady Oliveira. He was with the Blue Bombers and last year, he rushed for the most yards (almost 400 yards more than Edmonton's Kevin Brown, who was 2nd).

It sounds like Stanback won't be back. Oliveira would be a hell of a signing if they can get him. My guess though is he's probably looking to go to the NFL. However, Als can still sign him and he can come here if he ends up getting cut.

My bad. It is the Falcons. I said Eagles because I was listening to something on the radio and they were talking about the Eagles. :laugh:

Fixed it. Thanks

why isn't stanback returning?

According to this article the negotiations are going well and Maciocia is confident they'll be able to bring him back, on the other hand Stanback is pretty much gone unless he's willing to take a massive pay cut.

LCF : Des progrès avec Tyrice Beverette, des sacrifices à faire par Stanback | RDS
ah pay-cut thx

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

1706640970825.png

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Stanback, Uguak and Mack.....that's already a different look to the Als next year. I think we'll be fine without Stanback...but the latter 2....eesh...

Reactions: Vachon23

MajorWeber

Jun 22, 2017
Montreal, Qc
With the bonus he received, I don’t expect Mack to comeback in the CFL. More chance to see Lwal Uguak back then him
$24k isn't that big of a bonus.
Austin Mack.

If they could land Betts it would be big. The fact that he's also a National player is even better for the ratio. Same goes for Oliveira, but I doubt Montreal could land them both.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad