Monthly News Thread (September 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Yeah but Paige can actually back it up storyline wise.

The "Women's Revolution" started with Paige vs Emma. Paige can only back up it "more" because she was pushed and Emma was a sidekick to Santino. Would only take a video package or two to legitimize Emma's claims.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
The "Women's Revolution" started with Paige vs Emma. Paige can only back up it "more" because she was pushed and Emma was a sidekick to Santino. Would only take a video package or two to legitimize Emma's claims.

Paige is a multi-time champion. That alone solidifies it kayfabe wise.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
They aren't doing the gimmick correctly for Emma at all. They just make it sound like she is dillusional instead of potentially having a legitimate gripe.

The correct way was always to call out one or all of the Horsewomen for getting all the credit and adulation, when their are plenty of other women doing heavy lifting too. Nia Jax played with this a bit on twitter, but she never brought it on TV so it means nothing.

You could easily do that with Emma, but they have zero desire to actually push her. Paige can also do the gimmick justice if they want. Even more so because she was a well liked face so she can turn on the crowd for "abandoning" her for the new chicks on the block (whichever Horsewomen are on her show).

It is an easy thing to do, which means they won't do it and will do something 1000x worse that involves Nattie, Carmella, and some ******* Total Divas angle

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
I wouldn't be surprised if Paige does a more personal angle, claiming Becky and Charlotte "abandoned" her while the company was screwing her over.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I think they still love Paige tbh, otherwise they would have just fired her. They'll keep her busy, keep her working and try to keep her on the right track, which means I expect her to be right back on top when she hits Smackdown (if that's where she ends up).

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I think they still love Paige tbh, otherwise they would have just fired her. They'll keep her busy, keep her working and try to keep her on the right track, which means I expect her to be right back on top when she hits Smackdown (if that's where she ends up).
That and they had the movie they were making right at the same time it was all going on.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Paige got the short end of the stick when the Revolution started. She can go in the ring as well as the other Horsewomen but her early call-up really rusted her work because she was forced to work with mainly inferior talent (other than AJ) so by the time everyone came up, she had to play catch-up. Paige still has a lot to give and I will be happy to see her back if it happens.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I personally don't care for Paige, but her on SD could help balance things out with Asuka going to RAW

I don't really see the need for Smackdown to add any women. They can't get the ones they have on TV.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
I don't really see the need for Smackdown to add any women. They can't get the ones they have on TV.
Many of the ones they have on TV need to **** off for one.

Not really understanding this whole need to credit Dusty for Starrcade thing. Bit over my head I think

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
A bitter heel angle where she "shoots" is most likely the biggest money angle they could do with her.

If she just comes back to join the normal shuffle on SD, it is a waste. She will be just another face in a sea of mediocrity that is currently the SD women's division.

They desperately need to just give someone talented the ball and let them run with it.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
She definitely better than Carmella, it's not even close.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto

SD needs good workers. RAW is too crowded at the moment and with Asuka coming to RAW Paige will be pushed aside again

At leas on SD she can work with Becky and Charlotte once they finally get Naomi and Natty far, far away from the title.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
SD needs good workers. RAW is too crowded at the moment and with Asuka coming to RAW Paige will be pushed aside again

At leas on SD she can work with Becky and Charlotte once they finally get Naomi and Natty far, far away from the title.

How is Raw too crowded? It's basically the same 4 women passing the title around for a year.

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
what we needed was that supposed post Summerslam shakeup where the women were shifted more.

RAW:
Sasha
Bayley
Bliss
Naomi
Natalya
Nia
Dana
Fox
*Asuka

SM:
Charlotte
Becky
Paige
Emma
Carmella
Tamina
Mickie
Summer

that looks a bit more fresh to me.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
That didn't take long.

When I'm bored and just want to watch some random wrestling discussion, I have to admit he's one of my favorite guys. I actually liked the WC group. Sad he won't be a part of it and I don't find myself going to follow.

Bummer.

edit: If anyone has any podcasts/links to something where i can get a decent wrestling fix, let me know. I dig the easy things to click on and just listen to as I fall asleep.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
what we needed was that supposed post Summerslam shakeup where the women were shifted more.

RAW:
Sasha
Bayley
Bliss
Naomi
Natalya
Nia
Dana
Fox
*Asuka

SM:
Charlotte
Becky
Paige
Emma
Carmella
Tamina
Mickie
Summer

that looks a bit more fresh to me.

We just did a shake-up though. If they didn't get it right the first time, it's clear they don't have the ideas for the women.

What happened with WhatCulture?

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
We just did a shake-up though. If they didn't get it right the first time, it's clear they don't have the ideas for the women.

There was talk/discussion of doing a shakeup twice a year, though, with this one shaking some main roster talent back down into NXT for further polishing/work and to respond to people coming up from NXT (I think at the time the thought was Asuka, Roode, No Way Jose, Iconic Duo, and AoP).

Reactions: sheriff bart

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF

Adam, Adam, Jack, Ross and Sam all left

btw there was a filing today for a new media company called Cultaholics with those 5 as primary officers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad