Monthly News Thread (March 2019)

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
- Rusev also tweeted out "Ronda Rousey is like Charles Barkley... not a role model."

- WWE is "not thrilled" with Ronda Rousey's language on Twitter, and the wording of her tweets wasn't approved the way she put them out.

- Ciampa is suffering from a neck injury. He's not medically cleared at the moment, and it's been nagging him for 4-5 weeks.

- Kenny Omega says his dream match for WWE is only AJ Styles, and that his Wrestlemania was the Tokyo Dome.

- WWE talents are reportedly less worried about being vocal to management about things they're unhappy with, and the thought is that being vocal to management will actually lead to a push depending on who you are, case in point: The Revival.

For some reason, Dana Warrior has been given a job on the creative team according to David Bixenspan.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
So Ciampa/Gargano's biggest blowoff match could be at risk because Vince just had to call up NXT talent for no reason. Super!

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
If Ciampa had a neck injury for a bit of time, I could see why that spot was botched on the powerbomb. I'm imagining his neck went numb and it forced the powerbomb to be weak.

When your neck gives out... you go completely numb. I have to imagine that happened.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
It's a new month yes it is!

tenor.gif

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
Jerry Lawler said on his podcast that Finkel suffered a serious stroke and his condition definitely does not look good.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
not sure.. Jerry Lawler said on his latest podcast that it was "recent". so maybe he had another one earlier, last year.

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Best wishes to Fink at this time, hoping he can pull through this, by far the best ring announcer the WWE has ever had.

Reactions: CHGoalie27

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Salaries are floating around out there, not sure if legit.

Other than base pay, talents receive merchandise % and bonuses for headlining major events.

- Brock Lesnar reportedly pockets $500,000 per main event and makes $12-million a year as of mid-2018.

- John Cena makes around $8.5-million, and also receives $500,000 per main event, and 5% of merchandise.

- Ronda Rousey makes $1.5-million.

- Vince McMahon's salary is $2.4-million, Triple H's is $1.1-million, but his talent contract is also worth $1.65-million, bringing him to $2.75-million.

Other salaries, as of mid-2018:

Brock Lesnar - 12M
John Cena - 8M
Roman Reigns - 5M
Randy Orton - 4.5M
AJ Styles - 3.5M
Seth Rollins - 3M
The Miz - 2.5M
The Undertaker - 2.5M
Dean Ambrose - 2M
Kevin Owens - 2M
Dolph Ziggler - 1.5M
Sheamus - 1M
Jeff Hardy - 1M
Bray Wyatt - 1M
Finn Balor - 1M
Jinder Mahal - 900k
Kane - 900k
Big Show - 850k
Samoa Joe - 800k
Rusev - 800k
Sin Cara - 700k
Matt Hardy - 650k
Harper - 550k
Rowan - 550k
R-Truth - 550k
Kofi Kingston - 500k
Xavier Woods - 500k
Big E - 500k
Rhyno - 500k
Cesaro - 500k
Sami Zayn - 500k

Also stupid low on the male side is Nakamura (400k), Strowman (300k), The Usos (250k each). Some of these don't make much sense at all when someone like Sin Cara is making 700k (Jinder makes sense at 900k since he was holding the title for like 6 months or whatever it was in 2017). I assume these include merchandise and whatnot, and The Usos just recently got their merch.

Female side, after Ronda:

Charlotte - 550k
Nikki - 350k
Alexa - 350k
Mickie - 300k
Brie - 300k
Natalya - 300k
Asuka - 250k
Becky - 250k

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
So Taker essentially makes $2.5 mil per match. Goddamn. :laugh:

Not surprised that Charlotte earns double what Becky makes. I am surprised that Sasha and Bayley aren't on that list.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
So Taker essentially makes $2.5 mil per match. Goddamn. :laugh:

Not surprised that Charlotte earns double what Becky makes. I am surprised that Sasha and Bayley aren't on that list.
They weren't on it at all. The lowest women made $80k, but Sasha and Bayley weren't anywhere on the list for some reason. I'd assume they would be in Asuka/Becky range as of mid-2018. Becky's probably making stupid money off merch alone now.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Bruce Prichard produced the Batista/Flair segment on Raw.

Oh... You mean an actual wrestling mind came up with one of the few good attack angles they've had in recent history, and not some writer they hired who doesn't know shit about wrestling?

f***, I'm not even a Prichard fan, but this is just common f***ing sense.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
WWE always brings in former wrestlers/wrestling people to be on their production team, but never their creative team, and it drives me nuts.

People scoffed at Dana Warrior, and I sorta do as well, but at least she might have a bit of a wrestler's perspective since she was married to Warrior.

Like, how do you have someone like Paul Heyman on your payroll, and not use him creatively? (I know he handles some stuff for Brock). HHH isn't involved as much as he should be.

Even someone like Gregory Helms who is back as a producer. Why not get him in a creative role as well?

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
WWE always brings in former wrestlers/wrestling people to be on their production team, but never their creative team, and it drives me nuts.

People scoffed at Dana Warrior, and I sorta do as well, but at least she might have a bit of a wrestler's perspective since she was married to Warrior.

Like, how do you have someone like Paul Heyman on your payroll, and not use him creatively? (I know he handles some stuff for Brock). HHH isn't involved as much as he should be.

Even someone like Gregory Helms who is back as a producer. Why not get him in a creative role as well?

Heyman has a earned reputation of not working well with others when it comes to creative. I also don't think he wants to really do a full time creative job. He does some producer like stuff with Brock, and iirc he helps out some wrestlers with his prom stuff, but he also has that online content company that he runs.

I kind of chuckled at your statement with Dana Warrior

Wrestler - "Ok, Dana what do you want me to do tonight"

Dana - "I want you to run out to the ring and rattle the ropes and then growl into the microphone and say "Raggle nar brragh hoofa"

Wrestler - "What?"

Dana - "My late husbands in the hall of fame and that's what he did"

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Why AEW and NJPW and others are so important is that it finally gives the wrestlers the ability to speak up for what they want. Why? Because there is finally a place for them to go if it goes down the toilet. AEW is a success even if it doesn't crush it because they gave wrestlers a chance to speak up and now WWE is actually listening for once. Usos, Revival, people asking for releases, etc. Amazing times.

Now you have DB, Roman, and Cena sitting out of something they don't like or agree with. Just amazing times. WWE finally has to give that cushion.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa

Paul Heyman is very involved with Ronda creatively. He has been since November I think I read.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad