Monthly News Thread (March 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
FWIW the Rey Mysterio injury isn’t confirmed. Per PWI- His arm was a little swollen but he wasn’t holding his arm in a way that would suggest a major injury was obvious. He was going to have it looked at upon returning to California.

Kinda ironic. Before he left the WWE he battled injuries, leaves, goes on a healthy run on the indies and LU, and as soon as he’s about to sign a deal with the WWE, he may have suffered an injury.
I don't think it's surprising considering the schedule he was working in WWE compared to being in charge of his own bookings on the indies and being able to take better care of his body.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I don't think it's surprising considering the schedule he was working in WWE compared to being in charge of his own bookings on the indies and being able to take better care of his body.

That’s a fair point.

Hopefully it’s not a bad injury he can still return.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
a 50-man Royal Rumble in Saudi Arabia in April....wow.

From a political perspective it is interesting as Saudi Arabia seems to be trying to open itself up, with this being just one more example. From the perspective of someone planning to attend an advertised wwe show in Nova Scotia on April 28 (this Saudi royal rumble is scheduled for April 27) it's also interesting, though for more negative reasons.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
- Not that it's any surprise, but the release for MITB has revealed there will be two MITB matches, 1 men's and 1 women's, featuring superstars from both brands.

- WWE announced Ronda Rousey will appear on every episode of RAW between now and WrestleMania

- Rey Mysterio is undergoing testing today to reveal the severity of his arm injury

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
- Not that it's any surprise, but the release for MITB has revealed there will be two MITB matches, 1 men's and 1 women's, featuring superstars from both brands.

- WWE announced Ronda Rousey will appear on every episode of RAW between now and WrestleMania

- Rey Mysterio is undergoing testing today to reveal the severity of his arm injury

I was actually thinking about Carmella’s briefcase and how if Asuka were to go to SD the briefcase becomes useless since you can’t kill Asuka’s streak on a Carmella cash in.

So it makes sense to let the briefcase winner be able to show up on either show just like how the Rumble winner can challenge either champ.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
According to PWI’s Mike Johnson, if Mysterio has a tear in his bicep, it’s not a complete tear. Mysterio has had a complete bicep tear before and has told people he doesn’t believe it’s a serious tear based on what he’s feeling.

As mentioned earlier, Mysterio was getting the arm looked at earlier today.

As of now, Mysterio and the WWE are set to resume talks later this week or early next week

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The lawsuit is against ESPN though, not Coachman.

Which, I wonder if that makes a difference, but I have to imagine Vince is pretty pissed

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I was actually thinking about Carmella’s briefcase and how if Asuka were to go to SD the briefcase becomes useless since you can’t kill Asuka’s streak on a Carmella cash in.

So it makes sense to let the briefcase winner be able to show up on either show just like how the Rumble winner can challenge either champ.

If they want to make Nia some face and have her chase the belt against Alexa (due to the Alexa vs Nia rumours) have Carmella cash in, costing Nia. Have her chase another chicken heel. Asuka needs to go to SD.

Auska/Charlotte
Asuka/Becky

need to happen.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
- Alberto Del Rio was at WWE headquarters filming interview pieces for a project WWE is working on for Rey Mysterio. While there, he met with Vince McMahon, too. Vince was always one of ADR's biggest supporters, probably the biggest in the company.

- USA Network accidentally cut off Raw at 11pm sharp last night before bringing back the feed.

- Word going around is more talent will be added to the Intercontinental Title match at Wrestlemania, currently a triple-threat between Miz, Rollins and Balor.

- The Ultimate Deletion will take place before Wrestlemania, not at the show.

- The current plan for The Bar at Wrestlemania is to face a team who is "not currently a team at the moment."

- Bliss/Jax segment from last night's Raw is to build towards Bliss vs. Jax.

- There are plans to introduce a new 205 Live Tag Team Championship to the brand after Wrestlemania.

Watch it be The Bar vs. Hardy & Wyatt at Wrestlemania lol.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
- Miz, Rollins, Balor, Braun, Elias and Jeff Hardy in a ladder match?

- It's 100% going to be Broken Matt & Broken Bray vs The BAR

- The Cruiser-weight tag titles is a nice addition, but I worry about the lack of worthy cruiser-weights for both a tag team division and a main title scene as well.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
im not saying not to rehire Alberto because you already have mexican people in the roster, but Almas is another level of awesomeness and the gimmick is similar. so just push almas instead of bringing a guy thats known to be a huge douche.

(but yes, im not against the idea either of bringing him back)

Oct 18, 2011
How many times does he have to come back before you realize he adds almost nothing? Also there's clearly some substance abuse taking place in his life

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
- John Cena's schedule includes no Smackdown dates after the Fastlane PPV. He's not even advertised for tonight's Smackdown. He's only advertised for Raw events up to Wrestlemania, where it's expected he'll face The Undertaker. He's not advertised for Summerslam or Survivor Series at this point, and his last date is the Raw after Wrestlemania.

- Alberto Del Rio/El Patron will be at AAA TripleMania in August. It's a one-time deal.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I’m still saying it won’t be Taker.

I also doubt Cena is gone until essentially the Royal Rumble

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Pro wrestling sheet says Jeff Hardy is cleared by his doctors. Just waiting for WWE clearance.

Maybe Broken Hardy’s take on the Bar?
Please no. Jeff should be on his own and Matt and Bray should be together just so there’s not a chance they wrestle each other again and bore everyone in the near future.

Reactions: Fro
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad