Monthly News Thread (March 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I.....think it's possible we see Bryan wrestle again now.

A week ago I was firmly in the "it ain't happening, ever, wait for ROH, etc etc" camp..but now? Seems plausible.
I just really want a segment on Smackdown where he tells KO and Zayn that what they did to Shane was crossing the line and at WM, they're teaming up to take on Shane McMahon -- long dramatic pause -- "and me!" to close the segment.

I'm still not going to hold my breath on WWE clearing Bryan, but does WWE really want to risk losing Bryan? From a business perspective, as great as AJ Styles and Seth Rollins and Shinsuke Nakamura may be, Daniel Bryan is the most organically over and popular superstar since possibly Steve Austin. The only one who could touch Bryan is CM Punk, but at their peaks, I'd still say Bryan was more popular and Bryan was the proven TV and live show draw.

If the plan is to move Styles to Raw after Wrestlemania, Bryan could easily be the #1 guy to carry Smackdown and that's huge business-wise for WWE because Bryan's still the most over guy on the SD roster and possibly the entire company.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Also, Michael Hayes is listed as the producer for The Ultimate Deletion. Jeremy Borash was there to help with the production. A lot of footage Reby Hardy shot and edited herself was used, as was the original music she composed for the match.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I just really want a segment on Smackdown where he tells KO and Zayn that what they did to Shane was crossing the line and at WM, they're teaming up to take on Shane McMahon -- long dramatic pause -- "and me!" to close the segment.

I'm still not going to hold my breath on WWE clearing Bryan, but does WWE really want to risk losing Bryan? From a business perspective, as great as AJ Styles and Seth Rollins and Shinsuke Nakamura may be, Daniel Bryan is the most organically over and popular superstar since possibly Steve Austin. The only one who could touch Bryan is CM Punk, but at their peaks, I'd still say Bryan was more popular and Bryan was the proven TV and live show draw.

If the plan is to move Styles to Raw after Wrestlemania, Bryan could easily be the #1 guy to carry Smackdown and that's huge business-wise for WWE because Bryan's still the most over guy on the SD roster and possibly the entire company.

Even if WWE Doctors cleared Bryan to wrestle, I'm not sure he'd be used in a full-time category like an AJ Styles. Guess you never know.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Even if WWE Doctors cleared Bryan to wrestle, I'm not sure he'd be used in a full-time category like an AJ Styles. Guess you never know.
He's said himself he wouldn't want to work the schedule he did before when he was on top, which is understandable as he has a kid now, and I think WWE would be lenient in letting him rest up so they don't have to worry about his health as much as if he were working a full-time schedule non-stop.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
He's said himself he wouldn't want to work the schedule he did before when he was on top, which is understandable as he has a kid now, and I think WWE would be lenient in letting him rest up so they don't have to worry about his health as much as if he were working a full-time schedule non-stop.

Yeah, to me he'd essentially be the same as Brock Lesner, likely less.

IF he is cleared to tag with Shane at WrestleMania, I think after that you bring The Miz over to SD in the shakeup, and let that slow build again towards SummerSlam or even Money In The Bank, Bryan remaining as GM. Then maybe you can do Bryan + Team SD vs Angle + Team RAW at Survivor Series. Maybe Team RAW wins that, and Bryan gets fired as SD GM, so you don't get stuck with another "disgruntled superstar vs fighting GM" storyline heading to the Rumble and WrestleMania.

My timeline would look something like this;

WrestleMania 34; Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn vs Shane McMahon & Daniel Bryan
Summerslam; The Miz vs Daniel Bryan
Survivor Series; Daniel Bryan + Team SD vs Kurt Angle + Team RAW - Losing teams GM gets fired. (Bryan gets screwed somehow)
Royal Rumble: Bryan and Nakamura are two of the final 5 or 6. Nakamura eliminates Bryan, but still loses the Rumble.
WrestleMania 35; Daniel Bryan vs Shinsuke Nakamura

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
BRB buying tickets to New Orleans.

Where those people that tried to mock me when i said none of us knew bryan's health and it was his life and choice to make?

Well, look at you now :sarcasm:

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
im reading everywhere that its official... (Daniel bryan has been cleared)
but ill wait till one of you reports it from a real source.
and ill cry of joy.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
im reading everywhere that its official... (Daniel bryan has been cleared)
but ill wait till one of you reports it from a real source.
and ill cry of joy.

WWE's official twitter isn't a legit source? Wot.

Also,

tenor.gif

Reactions: Disclose

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Besides being the number one trend on twitter worldwide for hours last night. Ultimate Deletion brought in over 2 million views in about 12 hours.

The views are combined as WWE put the match up in segments as opposed to one video for some reason.

AJ Styles said there is no way he is missing Mania.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Besides being the number one trend on twitter worldwide for hours last night. Ultimate Deletion brought in over 2 million views in about 12 hours.

The views are combined as WWE put the match up in segments as opposed to one video for some reason.

AJ Styles said there is no way he is missing Mania.
I'm hoping they shed a little light on the AJ situation tonight, at least in storyline to assure us the match could still be on. NEEEEEED AJ/Nak at Mania

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Lost in the big news of Daniel Bryan's clearance, AJ Styles was evaluated last night at Raw and it's said that he's still good enough to go at Wrestlemania.

AJ Styles said even if he'd have to cut off one leg he wouldn't miss wrestling Nakamura at Wrestlemania.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Meltzer also believes Wyatt is going to be repackaged. He doesn't know anything yet, but Meltzer hopes it's something completely different and believes Wyatt has needed repackaging for a year now.

Personally, I'd say the Cena program started it and the garbage Orton program was the nail in the coffin for Wyatt.

Oct 18, 2011
What I said about Mark Henry was not a criticism of him but WWE. I feel like the last several years of his career he could've been used to draw money and he was treated like a a random low card guy, when in reality, as Paul Heyman has said you could take him and get a basic headlock over due to his sheer strength and presence. We could all relate to how bad a man that size can hurt somebody

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
The Cena program all the way back at 30 was the time to pull the trigger on Bray. He was white hot and had all the momentum. Cena did not need to win that match.

They did it again with Cena the next year, but Rusev was the victim.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
The Cena match was way worse. The family was broken up in the 31 build and he didn’t have nearly as much momentum.

At no point was Bray in a better position to go into super stardom then the build for 30.

For all the talk of Cena putting people over. The last person Cena put over at Mania was The Rock.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Is Bray getting an actual repackage or a Dolph Ziggler repackage where he’s the exact same character put his music is just delayed?

Conrad McBenis

Bow Down
Jan 10, 2018
Meltzer also believes Wyatt is going to be repackaged. He doesn't know anything yet, but Meltzer hopes it's something completely different and believes Wyatt has needed repackaging for a year now.

Personally, I'd say the Cena program started it and the garbage Orton program was the nail in the coffin for Wyatt.

Just get him a bandana and a motorcycle.

Reactions: PeterSidorkiewicz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad