Monthly News Thread (April 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Heyman isn’t flying out to GRR, which isn’t surprising at all.

Would he even be allowed in? I think they let you in if your Jewish, but they don’t let you in if your Jewish and have an Israelie stamp on your passport.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Heyman isn’t flying out to GRR, which isn’t surprising at all.

Would he even be allowed in? I think they let you in if your Jewish, but they don’t let you in if your Jewish and have an Israelie stamp on your passport.
Israel usually don't stamp passports, normally they'll just give you a card instead. So that shouldn't be an issue for most people.

But they can just get second passports if it's going to be an issue. Not that'll be an issue for this show. It's an official propaganda tour, so they'll probably be given entry without issue.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
The Tattoo Artist that is suing the WWE and 2K over Randy Orton’s tattoo’s is wanting to rule that the tattoo’s are her copyright and that the defendants infringed on that copyright.

She is also wanting damages.

She claims that the tattoo designs are her original designs and 100% her property and that the tattoo’s are easily recognizable to fans and players of the WWE video games.

The tattoo’s were done between 2003 and 2008. The Artist submitted applications for the copyrights March 15th 2018.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Israel usually don't stamp passports, normally they'll just give you a card instead. So that shouldn't be an issue for most people.

But they can just get second passports if it's going to be an issue. Not that'll be an issue for this show. It's an official propaganda tour, so they'll probably be given entry without issue.

True, but they don’t stamp for this reason so it is more of an issue of principle then anything else.

I believe Dave mentioned that most of the Jewish stars are conflicted, but are sucking it up because of the money involved.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I don't even know if I'm going to watch GRR. It's simply too long. I may just watch the ladder match and that's it.

Cena/HHH was done back in 2008 when they were both younger (although, HHH seems to be better with age these days... Cena not so much). Rusev is going to get buried alive, hopefully softly. Mahal vs. Hardy doesn't interest me. CWs don't interest me. The Bar vs. WOKEN Warriors sounds just decent on paper. Not interested in seeing The Usos get squashed to a team that isn't over since Naomi isn't allowed in the country to distract them again.

Never mind a 50-man Royal Rumble where they'll almost definitely be digging deep into the depths of jobberville to fill that match out.

Oct 18, 2011
Saudi Arabia is committing a complete atrocity in Yemen and the world is turning a blind eye to it. I don't want WWE to lecture me about bullying or equality anymore it's just an attempt to improve their image with no sincerity behind it

Reactions: sabremike

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
So, the WWE puts together a better card than WrestleMania less than a month later, and in the meantime, starts announcing matches for Backlash a few weeks after that.

Not a good way to build.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
This event isn't supposed to have an affect on anything. It's just a super sized house show.

Then they decided to air it, and promote it on Live TV.

So now everything is all messed up, because you're advertising an event that doesn't make sense with TV storylines. Samoa Joe is talking about eventually bringing the Universal Title to SmackDown, but then The BAR is saying once they win the Raw tag titles, they will be back on RAW.

None of it makes sense.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
It wasn’t even supposed to air. I don’t believe it was supposed to be broadcast for a second. The Saudis bought a super duper card.

No one would bat an eye at The Bar still being in the Raw Tag Title match if it were just a supersized house show.

I’m glad WWE still moved the talent they did and aren’t letting a supersized house show dictate their rosters. I have a hard time believing WWE is going to make domestic/network money off this event from new subscribers.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
It was always going to air. They weren’t going to run a stadium and not show themselves off. Same for the show they’re going to do in Australia. The problem wrt Backlash is that it came together earlier than the Saudi Arabia thing did. If they had it to do over again, I bet they’d wait another week or two

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
WWE isn't returning Batista's calls and he says he'll retire by next year if he can't come back to do one last match vs. Triple H at WM35.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
This is one of those situations where I feel like they’re holding his Twitter comments, mostly against Stephanie, against him despite him being the biggest mainstream attraction they could put on their show aside from The Rock.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Apparently they were in talks for 3 weeks, Batista said they’d tease it throughout the year and he’d come back a couple of times to do it, and it’s be this big final match at WM35. Then they stopped calling him and wouldn’t return his calls. He even texted HHH asking what was going on and not even HHH texted him back.

And it appears now they’re doing what Batista wanted to do, but with Kurt Angle

So why not call Batista and say “hey man, we’re using Angle in that spot, but what if we did a program with you and Randy or a young guy you never faced”

It’s so simple

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Vince, desperate for any ounce of mainstream rub he can get, has two WWE alumnus making billion-dollar movies. One, has no time but Vince desperately wants. The other, wants to come back and go as far as to do house shows, gets blown off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad