Injury Report: Montador suffers another concussion

Thucydides

Dec 24, 2009
That's some bad luck. He shined for us a few games last year. I hope he gets better soon.

MTP

I Love Shinpads
Jan 19, 2010
Downers Grove, IL
Never expected him to play, I predicted that his career would be over as soon as he went out last season. It's a shame, he's a serviceable bottom pairing guy and was pretty sick on the powerplay. Just hope it doesn't have any lasting effects on his life post-hockey.

Sevanston

Dec 27, 2009
NYC
Was really looking to see him make a triumphant comeback this season.

Sad that it looks like that might not be in the cards.

Jeffrey Lebowski

The Chicago Little Lebowski Urban Achievers
Jul 31, 2009
North Side
Poor Monty. I bet he has a huge grudge on Q. Gets a concussion, gets 'healthy', Q puts him at forward where he gets another concussion.

I hope his career rebounds but I doubt it'll be during his current contract with us. Sad to see a serviceable NHLer get put out too early because of concussions. Seemed like a nice guy too.

puterwiz53

Nov 17, 2010
Saint John, New Brunswick
I wonder which Hawk player he ran into to suffer his latest concussion? I remember a year or two ago when Hossa was injured running into another Hawks player but I can't remember which one. Hossa missed a few games at that time I believe but it was his shoulder at that time. Crosby suffered a setback when he ran into one of his own teammates.

Esq

in terrorem
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2009
Village in the City
I wonder which Hawk player he ran into to suffer his latest concussion? I remember a year or two ago when Hossa was injured running into another Hawks player but I can't remember which one. Hossa missed a few games at that time I believe but it was his shoulder at that time. Crosby suffered a setback when he ran into one of his own teammates.

Boynton collided with Hossa back in 2010.

Spectra

Registered boozer
Aug 3, 2005
Montador has been training hard last couple of weeks and just started taking slight contact drills. May be ready in a while, what do we do then?

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Monty is done. Can't trade Hjammer now with knowing this

Despite all the speculation here (barring a sweetheart of a deal), Hammer was never going get moved……… and while I’m on the subject, it looks like Q has hit on something with he and Oduya as a tandem.

And please don’t give us the matter-of-fact statement about Monty. It doesn’t look great for him but at least he’s skating.

Nothingman*

Despite all the speculation here (barring a sweetheart of a deal), Hammer was never going get moved……… and while I’m on the subject, it looks like Q has hit on something with he and Oduya as a tandem.

And please don’t give us the matter-of-fact statement about Monty. It doesn’t look great for him but at least he’s skating.

I don't mind the statement because his concussion history is similar to Savard's. And we know where he is now.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
I don't mind the statement because his concussion history is similar to Savard's. And we know where he is now.

Even Savard pulled himself together to get some games in with their Cup team. I think Montador is doing the same, wants to get some games in just in case this is his last season in the NHL.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
It's safe to say he is going to get bought out after they year. I don't see anyone trading for him unless he is back for the playoffs and playing well.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Unless he's so injured they can just put him on LTIR

Yes, that is an option too. He'll need to be on board with that though because we don't need him crawling up from under a rock saying he is ready when we don't have the cap space.

EmeticDonut

Oct 7, 2006
If he can return, keep him around as a depth D-man. Try to offload him in the off-season or earlier if a desperate team offers something more usable.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria

Hjammer was on the market and made available. We never got a fair offer. If there would have been one, he wouldn't play for us this year.

LandofLincoln*

Hawks in St Louis tonight. Over at Johnny's West the Hawks had an hour of ice time for injured players. Bolland, Montador & Olesz working out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad