GDT: Monsters @ Bulldogs - on TVA Sports

bcv

My french sucks.
Sep 18, 2010
You know something wrong when Blunden is your best foward.. Bournival has no confidence right now and Leblanc pretty desapointing.. At some point you have to deserve your playing time and Leblanc didnt do it last night.. I hope Leblanc doesnt think he has a guarenteed spot on the Habs when the game resume cause right now there is no way he makes the team based on the way he is playing with Hamilton..

Lefevbre has to start giving Leblanc ice time.. Pretty sure he's not even in the top 6 for minutes for forward. No PK or PP.

domdo345

Jun 4, 2008
Lefevbre has to start giving Leblanc ice time.. Pretty sure he's not even in the top 6 for minutes for forward. No PK or PP.

...you guys just read what you want to read...

During a media scrum, Bergevin said Leblanc would be used the same way in Hamilton that he would be in MTL. They see him as a winger and for the last few games he's been on the third line with no PP. That's how they plan to use him in MTL. Stop blaming Lefevbre, it's Bergevin's and MT's call.

Leblanc really seems like a guy who could be a perfect 3rd liner. Good hockey IQ, decent shot, decent speed, really responsible on the ice, gritty along the boards. From what I've seen, his skillset doesn't reflect the one of a top 6 NHLer. Off course in the AHL he is easily a top 6 player, but they want him to get used to the third line I guess. 3rd line is no shame at all in the NHL. Most of the time they average over 15min per game, they have good salaries, they are critical to a team's success.

If there is no season and he's stuck there the whole year, I hope he'll see more ice time though.

Analyzer*

During a media scrum, Bergevin said Leblanc would be used the same way in Hamilton that he would be in MTL. They see him as a winger and for the last few games he's been on the third line with no PP. That's how they plan to use him in MTL. Stop blaming Lefevbre, it's Bergevin's and MT's call.

Leblanc really seems like a guy who could be a perfect 3rd liner. Good hockey IQ, decent shot, decent speed, really responsible on the ice, gritty along the boards. From what I've seen, his skillset doesn't reflect the one of a top 6 NHLer. Off course in the AHL he is easily a top 6 player, but they want him to get used to the third line I guess. 3rd line is no shame at all in the NHL. Most of the time they average over 15min per game, they have good salaries, they are critical to a team's success.

If there is no season and he's stuck there the whole year, I hope he'll see more ice time though.

To be fair, 3rd line in the AHL is different than 3rd line in the NHL.

People (myself included) don't like seeing Chaput on the pp and getting solid ice time. The canes didn't want him and he started the season in the ECHL for a reason.

domdo345

Jun 4, 2008
To be fair, 3rd line in the AHL is different than 3rd line in the NHL.

People (myself included) don't like seeing Chaput on the pp and getting solid ice time. The canes didn't want him and he started the season in the ECHL for a reason.

I understand that but all I am saying is that it's not Lefevbre's call...

Analyzer*

I understand that but all I am saying is that it's not Lefevbre's call...

That you have a point on.

It is frustrating. Leblanc could score. Chaput... Well, he can't. Oh well.

Psyched for the game tomorrow.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
I'm pretty sure Leblanc is the best goal scorer on the team right now, he's the best offensive forward, or at wrost head to head with Gally.

I think it's a bit strange they desperetly want him to be a third liner, he got amazing hands around the net, give him a shot at being an offensive player.

But i know last week Lefebvre said Leblanc would be ease in after his injury.

bcv

My french sucks.
Sep 18, 2010

Max Lapierre was a 1st liner in the AHL.. and he's a bottom line player in the NHL.. Do you really think that playing 3rd line minutes in the AHL is a good thing for player developement?

Also, I have a hard time believing that Bergevin thinks Leblanc won't be more than a 3rd liner in the future.. I get that that's what he's gonna be at first, but if you want him to become more than that, you have to give offensive minutes in the AHL.

domdo345

Jun 4, 2008
Max Lapierre was a 1st liner in the AHL.. and he's a bottom line player in the NHL.. Do you really think that playing 3rd line minutes in the AHL is a good thing for player developement?

Also, I have a hard time believing that Bergevin thinks Leblanc won't be more than a 3rd liner in the future.. I get that that's what he's gonna be at first, but if you want him to become more than that, you have to give offensive minutes in the AHL.

you are entitled to your opinion on Leblanc, that's not my problem. All I am saying, for the 5th time in this thread, is that it's not Lefevbre's call so don't blame him for Leblanc's utilization.

zzoo

Mar 9, 2004
Mathias Brunet has said many times that he sees Leblanc as a third liner.

Based on his stats and what I've seen from him, I don't see first line material in him. Maybe a marginal 2nd liner.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City

Based on his stats and what I've seen from him, I don't see first line material in him. Maybe a marginal 2nd liner.

Sure, but just because you see someone's ceiling as being a third liner in the NHL doesn't mean you keep him at that spot in the AHL. That's just Pejorative Slured. This team is using Chaput on the PP FFS, where is he going to play with the habs? 2nd wave of the PP as well? :dunce:

If the quote is true, that's some mind numbingly stupid logic.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal

Mathias Brunet isn't a reference on the practice of hockey. He's just a writer with his own opinions.

domdo345

Jun 4, 2008
It was during an interview on TVA sports in the first few games or during a scrum, not so sure about that. There's also no way I am trying to dig that sequence lol. I'm pretty sure of what I heard, and what you see on the ice pretty much explains it but go ahead and don't believe me if you want.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad