GDT: Monsters @ Bulldogs - on TVA Sports

FlyingKostitsyn

Mar 7, 2008
Quebec
Lefebvre is the anti-Beaulieu (the coach not the player). He should try having his best forwards play together sometimes, they might even score goals!

As for the use of Leblanc - its pretty clear the org doesn't see him as a potential top6 player but more of a versatile third liner. I would have hoped that they at least let him try to lead the team offensively to see what he can do.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Starting to wonder if Lefebvre has labeled some of his roster members as busts already. Is he that hard to read or is that regular AHL strategy?

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Bergevin already told that Leblanc is playing the same role in Hamilton that he'll get with the Habs. 3rd line winger duties with no PP is what to expect with the big club. Just shows that as soon as the lockout ends, he's playing wing on Eller's line.

Is that a reason why he shouldn't play the PP now?! So Blunden's more likely to get PP time with the Habs than LL?!

That seems idiotic to me. Real stupid reasoning. Surely if the Habs have injuries in their top 6 Leblanc would get some PP time along with top 6 duties.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
Bergevin already told that Leblanc is playing the same role in Hamilton that he'll get with the Habs. 3rd line winger duties with no PP is what to expect with the big club. Just shows that as soon as the lockout ends, he's playing wing on Eller's line.

Where did he say that? Because if so, that's really stupid. Why not show some confidence in the kid and hope he exceeds expectations and makes the top 6?

Myron Gaines*

I always thought Leblanc had top 6 potential, but when you play with a centre like Eller on the third line, there ain't much to complain about.

domdo345

Jun 4, 2008
Where did he say that? Because if so, that's really stupid. Why not show some confidence in the kid and hope he exceeds expectations and makes the top 6?

He said that when he was injured during a mini-scrum he said the organisation saw him as a winger and will use him in Hamilton the same way he will be used with MTL. I would say it is ok till the holidays but if the lockout is for the whole year, he needs more responsibilities. You guys need to be careful before critiquing Lefebvre because Bergevin and Therien always have a say on how to develop the players.

goforit

Apr 14, 2010
Montreal
Nice games by the Dogs tonight.

Still... I don't understand why Leblanc hasn't played on the PP.

Nattinen is pretty good. Hard on the puck, smooth hands and calm with the puck. I'd like to see him getting more quality ice time. He's one of the best on the team.

Palushaj is disappointing.

Gallagher has played a Gallagher's game! Still need a big improvment in the skating department, but very aggressive and always on the right spot.

Quailer has some power in his legs. He's played a good game. Liked his positionning.

Leblanc and Bournival had an Ok game. Pretty mobile players.

Blunden was everywhere. He should have had a couple of goal if he was more talented.

Holland had some flashes. Cerebral player.

Overall it was a good game for the Dman, even if they made some brainfart!

AJMHABS

Chucky #27
Jan 30, 2011
Montreal, Qc
Does anyone else think that Beaulieu was stellar tonight? Besides a couple mistakes defensively (although IMO miniscule) I thought he played good on both sides of the puck, especially on the PP.

Last edited:

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham

Yea I hope it's NOT true, what a way to cut the wings off a talented guy. I've seen his work in the Q, the guy is too creative to be a 3rd liner.

Last edited:

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
The Bulldogs played a sound game defensively,when St.Denis got caught on the rush,Beaulieu was there to cover for him,they played a good team game.That's two in a row and they scored first and last,a well earned shutout for the team.:handclap:

Analyzer*

Does anyone else think that Beaulieu was stellar tonight? Besides a couple mistakes defensively (although IMO miniscule) I thought he played good on both sides of the puck, especially on the PP,

Expect that 3 on 1 where he did a circle trying to figure out what to do, yeah.

Lefebvre sucks. Who plays Chaput over Leblanc ?

lillypad33

Sep 20, 2008
Kitchener
The Bulldogs played a sound game defensively,when St.Denis got caught on the rush,Beaulieu was there to cover for him,they played a good team game.That's two in a row and they scored first and last,a well earned shutout for the team.:handclap:

I only got to watch the 3rd period.
I felt that the forwards turned the puck over quite a bit, but the defense were pretty darn good.
Beaulieu broke up a 2-1 nicely while they were on the PP.
Tinordi was hit and miss. He used his body quite effectively a few times, but he also fell a few times and was a little weak clearing the puck sometimes.

NewHabsEra*

You know something wrong when Blunden is your best foward.. Bournival has no confidence right now and Leblanc pretty desapointing.. At some point you have to deserve your playing time and Leblanc didnt do it last night.. I hope Leblanc doesnt think he has a guarenteed spot on the Habs when the game resume cause right now there is no way he makes the team based on the way he is playing with Hamilton..

NewHabsEra*

Lefebvre is the anti-Beaulieu (the coach not the player). He should try having his best forwards play together sometimes, they might even score goals!

As for the use of Leblanc - its pretty clear the org doesn't see him as a potential top6 player but more of a versatile third liner. I would have hoped that they at least let him try to lead the team offensively to see what he can do.

Who are Dogs' 3 best fowards? Last night it was Blunden hands down.. Dogs just dont have guys that stand out among others right now.. Lefebvre played Leblanc with Bournival a bit in the second half, they have been decent but still nothing to write about..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->