WWE: Monday Night Raw part 178: The one without fries..

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Don’t forget what happened to Johnny Wrestling. Poor guy still can’t find his mojo
tommaso-ciampa-vs-johnny-gargano_11.gif

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
This has to be the most enjoyable stacked card...possibly ever, right?

Maybe the invasion survivor series in terms of hype and star power was better (the 5v5 anyway until it all unfolded) but up and down the card is just...wow.

T H I C C D E P T H

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
SS has incredible potential so im sure they will screw it somehow

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Jason Jordan is dangerously close to X-Pac heat.

The concept of fans liking an all american athletic pure baby face is completely dead. Especially when they show the personality of a wet noodle.

I am thinking Kurt Angle not sticking up for him will start a heel turn. Also, what kind of a crappy GM is Angle? He always looks confused and has no idea what he is doing. Steph's promos were actually all on point, which makes it even more funny. Writing wise for his character he probably should be fired due to incompetence.

It's time to bring back people power!

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The past few weeks prior to this one was the first time Kurt looked and felt like an authority figure, which is quite curious given that it’s coinciding with his return to the ring.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
SS has incredible potential so im sure they will screw it somehow
I just put together the GDT for it (I'll post it after Smackdown) and it really does look stacked on paper. Lots of good matches, and an Enzo one. WWE are great at big multi-man matches, so the men's survivor series I expect to be really good.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I'm honestly ok with Kurt leaving for a while. He's one of my favorites ever but he's not good in the role he's in now. It's like grabbing Clark Griswold and tossing him into a GM role. Just an idiot.

Reactions: PeterSidorkiewicz

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I wonder what role KO/Sami are going to have at SS. Sure, Triple H helped KO win the title but KO took out Vince, beat Shane and had a nasty stare down with Steph.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Stick Neville with them on Smackdown. Neville can go the Sami route and talk about lack of opportunity, how he's been shackled with 205 Live and how he never wanted to be there because he's too good to be there or something. Have them run the whole show and DON'T MAKE THEM LOOK LIKE GEEKS. But it is WWE, so Neville will probably get a solid feud upon his return and then become a jobber.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Watched the Goldberg 24 special. Those 24 specials have all been fantastic. I really enjoy this series. The Goldberg one was well done and it was cool to see Goldberg have some fun with his return near the end there.

Goldberg vs Brock at Mania was probably one of my favourite 5 minute matches. Two big stars spamming finishers was fun as hell. It didn't need the title (because I'm still against part timers with the belt) but was a fun storyline.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
im still over Bliss in the ring. really pedestrian. Braun is awesome

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I think Jinder should get a mention. He's still shit at wrestling, but the act is good now he's got it down. Alexa is basically the same, and also not good at wrestling (but still better than Jinder).

Strowman is also bad, but is great at being really big and running into things while he wasn't before. So there's improvement there, but I like to give "most improved" to someone who has become actually good or has stepped it up from being good to being a great character too.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I think Jinder should get a mention. He's still **** at wrestling, but the act is good now he's got it down. Alexa is basically the same, and also not good at wrestling (but still better than Jinder).

Strowman is also bad, but is great at being really big and running into things while he wasn't before. So there's improvement there, but I like to give "most improved" to someone who has become actually good or has stepped it up from being good to being a great character too.

Then it would 100% be Braun. He went from Bray’s big lackey to a legit main eventer that is now really over.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
If my options are Strowman, Jinder, or Alexa then it's easily Strowman. But Strowman is too bad at wrestling for me to want to give him an improvement award. He can win it if/when he improves at that too. The things he is good at are too narrow.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I don't he's that bad at wrestling because he makes a lot of his matches entertaining, which is always the end goal. As far as big men go, I don't think he will ever reach a Kane or Taker level, but from day 1 until now, I think he is definitely the most improved in the ring in the WWE. I am trying to think of others who you could nominate. Jinder is the same to me, I don't think anything has really changed besides getting a push.

Wasn't Elias known to be pretty poor in the ring? Has he gotten any better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad