WWE: Monday Night Raw part 157: Announcing intentions to interfere in matches

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Kind hilarious considering he's now in the Bullet Club doing the same things that Gallows and Anderson did years ago, and his own brother Dustin signed off on it.

I like Cody as a performer but he seems whiny. Like, I'm sorry about your dad man, but that was an extremely tame thing for a heel to do.

And here I remember The Big Bossman digging up Big Shows dad's casket and driving it around the cemetery attached to his car. I loved his absolutely despicable heel gimmick. Make someone pretty much the worst human on earth, I think it's a good premise.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Big E got some heat from the higher ups for his Charlotte championship joke on Raw last week

Does anyone else picture the higher ups as a bunch of corporate suits with absolutely no sense of humor as well as void of any creativity whatsoever? It's like lawyers running TV networks or bean counters building automobiles.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Does anyone else picture the higher ups as a bunch of corporate suits with absolutely no sense of humor as well as void of any creativity whatsoever? It's like lawyers running TV networks or bean counters building automobiles.

I think you'll get another when Rich Swann drops the title to Neville.

vdB

Dec 28, 2006
Toronto
Rollins was before Owens. Has made Raw terrible to watch.

Ok but you said wwe is unwilling to book a heel champ who isn't a coward. That's not true. AJ Styles isnt booked that way.

And why bring up Rollins? That's in the past.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Because when you say somebody is "unwilling" to do something you need to provide recent examples to support the claim. Seth Rollins is a perfect example. You can't say "that's the past man!" when he's providing evidence to support why he thinks that.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Because when you say somebody is "unwilling" to do something you need to provide recent examples to support the claim. Seth Rollins is a perfect example. You can't say "that's the past man!" when he's providing evidence to support why he thinks that.
Thanks for saving me the time.

Raw and Smackdown are just so different it's hard to compare the two. Apparently Vince has his hands on both of them, but they just don't feel the same at all. Raw feels like the same old **** its been for years, whereas Smackdown is more what I want it to be like. Better writers and less yes men I guess.

vdB

Dec 28, 2006
Toronto

The past is irrelevant in this discussion. We're talking about the WWE not willing to book a heel champ who isn't a wuss. THERE'S ONE RIGHT NOW.

lol this ain't rocket science. very dumb argument.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Bringing up AJ Styles booking isn't a very supportive argument.

He's been booked like a chump who is 1-3 against James Ellsworth.

It appears it's turning back around now, but while he may not be a "coward" he is being booked to look like a doofus.

WWE seemingly can't have a heel champion.... who is still a straight up champion. They are either cowardly, or foolish

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom

It appears it's turning back around now, but while he may not be a "coward" he is being booked to look like a doofus.

WWE seemingly can't have a heel champion.... who is still a straight up champion. They are either cowardly, or foolish

Everyone is a fool in wrestling in one aspect or another with their character. That isn't a legitimate argument either. That one in 1-3 with Ellsworth was a squash while all the three were because of Ambrose. I mean, you can't talk about how someone is booked and drop all the context behind their booking.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay

Cowardly isn't so bad so long as he is actually cunning

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Styles is 1-3 against Ellsworth solely because of Ambrose. No Ambrose and Styles destroyed Ellsworth in 30 seconds.

vdB

Dec 28, 2006
Toronto
He defended the title last night in a triple threat without much fuss.

No way in hell is he being booked as a chump/coward.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Styles has been booked a lot stronger but 1-3 to a jobber like Ellsworth is still weak booking. Dean or not.

It isn't so bad though because they give AJ plenty of clean wins too. I don't get this company's general aversion to letting their heel champ win clean every so often.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
By Elimination Chamber, nobody will give a **** about Styles' record vs. Ellsworth.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Styles has been booked a lot stronger but 1-3 to a jobber like Ellsworth is still weak booking. Dean or not.

It isn't so bad though because they give AJ plenty of clean wins too. I don't get this company's general aversion to letting their heel champ win clean every so often.
Styles won clean yesterday. Everything before that doesn't matter, or something.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
By Elimination Chamber, nobody will give a **** about Styles' record vs. Ellsworth.

Nobody should give a **** about it now either. He destroyed Ellsworth when Ambrose wasn't involved in 30 seconds and beat Corbin and Ziggler clean last night in a triple threat.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom

It's only weak booking when you completely ignore the context of those three wins. I mean, if people just want to make their points w/o acknowledging reality then yeah go for it but it doesn't make it right. Ellsworth doesn't win jack w/o Ambrose being involved. All you have to do is actually look at the finishes of those matches to get an understanding of how it was and why it doesn't make Styles weak. Before any of this started, he had clean wins over guys like Cena and a strong heel win over Ambrose. Ellsworth only won because in one instance, Ambrose was the special ref that did a finisher and put a completely out of it Ellsworth on top plus a fast count to win. The second was Styles beating the ever loving crap out of Ellsworth and getting DQ'd. The third was Ambrose again getting involved in a ladder match but at least that one you can make a good argument for weak booking and a goofy finish with the rope tie-up after no-chin music. But just saying 1-3 doesn't actually paint the proper picture of what was going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad