WWE: Monday Night Raw Part 120: Follow...the Jobbers...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I guess if we're still keeping Lesnar out of the Rumble something else has to happen. Which is annoying 'cos I like clean and easy setups like that. My next go to would be to have something happen during a multi-man tag match :D.

But yeah, Owens would end up being a face in an Owens vs Authority program. But that's fine. He can still do all his heel things to people as need. Technically it would be heel vs heel, but the crowd would be behind Owens, hence tweener designation.

You can just have him feud with a face while he's doing it to keep him heel.

Doing a Rumble clash isn't clean and easy because of the other focuses that are involved in that match.

Technically, if Owens is going against the Authority, the face is whoever the fans will cheer regardless of whether either side will cheat to win. Anti-heroes are still babyfaces in the world of professional wrestling if their antagonist is getting booed like the Authority will over Owens. A tweener is in the middle. Any established feud between one person and another or a group is devoid of tweeners unless someone in the group stays neutral on it.

Every single face run by Flair still involved heel tactics but he was still a face and not a tweener.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
What a ****** t-shirt:

W10349.jpg

-- Mick Foley's son, Dewey, is going to begin working on the WWE Creative Team shortly after the holidays.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
What a ****** t-shirt:

W10349.jpg

-- Mick Foley's son, Dewey, is going to begin working on the WWE Creative Team shortly after the holidays.

An embarrassment of a shirt.

Can't really say anything about Dewey being there except good luck to him.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Final rating: 2.21, up slightly from 2.16 last week. As I predicted on WF, somewhere in the 2.13-2.25 range.

Viewership CONTINUED to drop in the 3rd hour DESPITE a title match with heavy implications for their upcoming PPV at the top of the hour AND an 11-man tag match in the main event. :laugh:

Marv4Life

Mar 5, 2006
Minnesota
Owens can't beat Cena more than once or Reigns yet I'm supposed to think he can beat a fresh Brock at 32. Wanna wait till 33 at Brock's hometown fine. But this ain't gonna help sell 100,000.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Owens can't beat Cena more than once or Reigns yet I'm supposed to think he can beat a fresh Brock at 32. Wanna wait till 33 at Brock's hometown fine. But this ain't gonna help sell 100,000.

It doesn't really matter if a minor amount of people believe that it's believable especially when Owens is the heel that just needs to cheat to win. Hell, Eddie Guerrero beat Brock Lesnar so why do people still have this archaic notion that you have to be at a certain size, win-loss record, or whatever preconceived notions there can be to win a scripted wrestling match. It's a work, people.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
This Raw is still in the top-3 for least watched non-holiday Raw in 18 years and lost 700,000 viewers from last year's show in this week.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

This is the problem with current booking.

They built up Brock just fine. He is the monster star they wanted but they completely failed to build anyone else enough to pose any sort of credible kayfabe threat to him.

If Taker and Cena can't beat him. How are we supposed to believe anyone currently on the roster With the way they are booked.

A big problem is this 50/50 booking ********. No one gets over this way. No one is protected. No one is going on a run.

They could of built that with KO but he had to job out to Cena and now it's starting over with him pretty much.

Also who is the heel in that feud? I guess KO but how would that work?

That's another problem. There are so few established credible heels in the company and part of it is because the baby faces suck or are buried.

New Day aren't heels. No one wants them to lose and they are to entertaining. They are booked as heels but they aren't heels.

KO has the exact same problem. He does Heel stuff but he isn't a heel right now because everyone rather he wins then Ryback or whoever else they feed to him.

A feud with Dean could start to fix that but where the **** is it? Get he was sick Monday but this should of started last week or even at SS.

Hell it happened with Brock too and it's to late to make him heel again. He was a legit heel for breaking the streak but he got to popular and there weren't any over babyfaces this he is now face.

This company literally doesn't know whether it's coming or going.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Straightjacket + Anarchy = Typewriter.

Makes sense to me.

Clearly means more

Straightjacket + Anarchy = Typewriter.

Typewriter = something used to type stuff. used by journalists in days of yonder

Journalist = maggle

straightjacket = crazy

Conclusion; Dean Ambrose thinks maggle needs to be committed to a looney bin so he gets his wish of him being replaced by a fishtank.

We're through the looking glass here, people;

ZM5WS1W.jpg

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Wyatt Family takes offense, sues for gimmick infringement.

The Family vs the Wyatt Family: Wrestlemania 32 main event. Winner gets the rights to the word "family."

I'll take my writing gig anytime, Vince.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
John Cena isn't expected to return until a Boxing Day live event and his first TV appearance back will be December 28.

The Family still isn't big enough to contend against the "League of Nations" and The New Day. They need at least one more member...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad