WWE: Monday Night Raw Part 120: Follow...the Jobbers...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I'd only be okay with Lesnar-Owens if Owens goes over. A full-timer needs to get the rub at some point and be made legitimately and not half-assed.

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
he only cares about the women

Noelle Foley did some training at the Performance Center a while back...
So this may be Foley's way to smooth things over...
Just in case she really wants to pursue the career.
Everyone knows the importance of the higher ups' support.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
Smackdown's 1.15 rating can't be solely blamed on Thanksgiving. Last year they had a 2.09 rating for the show with 1.5m viewers more than this year's show.

This is just horrible. I wish 2008 TNA was still around. They could have been legit competition to modern day WWE.

Last year it also wasn't on Thanksgiving since it was still on Fridays.

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
I'd only be okay with Lesnar-Owens if Owens goes over. A full-timer needs to get the rub at some point and be made legitimately and not half-assed.
I don't know how they make that even remotely believable between now and then.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Owens will walk out of WrestleMania as the biggest deal of the decade if he somehow wins. And it would be an amazing match.

RAW doesn't need to be edgier, it just needs to be better.

Completely agree. Give us storylines that at least somewhat make sense (it is still wrestling after all) and are actually compelling. Stop with the 50/50 booking and the overly scripted promos and let your talent show what they can do. Good storytelling (both in and out of the ring) will bring fans in and keep them interested, whether it's edgy or not.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I don't know how they make that even remotely believable between now and then.
You could do it.

Feed Ambrose to Owens at TLC, and in a re-match on Raw a bit later. Clean wins. Then between TLC and the Rumble you feed him everyone you can. Have him squash (as in full squash matches that are 100% Owens and last like 3mins tops) the entire under card from Ryder to Ziggler. Have him have a few good matches down the way too (like with Neville, he can work great with Owens). Give him the monster run in the Rumble dominating it, before Lesnar eliminates him; Owens then drags him out after the fact.

So now you've got a strong looking Owens and a pissed off Lesnar.

Then on the road to 'Mania you can keep feeding Owens and have him and Heyman say words at each other. Feed him Rusev and Del Rio. If possible, get Owens another win over Cena. It can be dirty and ****, but heel is gonna heel so it doesn't matter.

Now you've got a very strong Owens. Right on time for a 5 star match where he goes over and sets him up to be the top heel for the next 5+ years.

This also sets you up for down the road when you crown your next top babyface in Sami Zayn. Zayn going over monster Owens in the main event of Wrestlemania for the WHC in the finale of a year long feud.

Ofc fantasyland isn't going to happen.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
With KO running as a heel, it doesn't matter how he goes over. He just needs to go over. Brock winning does nothing for anybody.
Yeah, this is the thing. Owens isn't above cheating to win. Which is why you can believe he would have a chance going up against Lesnar.

He's already established at a top tier wrestler when he beat Cena. He's shown that when he's desperate to win he'll cheat, which we saw when he was against Ryback to win the IC Title. Combine both and he can realistically go over anyone.

No one else who's full time on the roster makes sense to be able to beat Lesnar outside Cena and Reigns. Cena doesn't need it and Reigns has his own problems (I think they'd bottle it with Reigns, too much of a risk of boos when he beats Lesnar. Owens wouldn't have that issue, and would prob be cheered).

"Ladies and Gentlemen, my name is Kevin Owens. And I am the man who beat the beast who conquered the steak."

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
How do you start the Lesnar vs. Owens program? Do you have Heyman declare Lesnar the number-one contender to the World title when he returns and Owens, in the midst of a dominating IC Title reign, gets in Lesnar's face, telling him while he's sitting at home, Owens is dominating the WWE and is the rightful number-one contender?

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
How do you start the Lesnar vs. Owens program? Do you have Heyman declare Lesnar the number-one contender to the World title when he returns and Owens, in the midst of a dominating IC Title reign, gets in Lesnar's face, telling him while he's sitting at home, Owens is dominating the WWE and is the rightful number-one contender?
That works. I just went for a generic Rumble clash sparking it off.

It doesn't really matter how you would start it, you just need an excuse. It's not like the fans need a reason to care like they're hunting for for Reigns.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
The money in a potential main eventing (heel) Owens vs (face) Rollins match in the future...

Please WWE
Please establish Owens

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom

Set up Lesnar-Sheamus at the Rumble. Have Owens cost Lesnar the title. Put Owens in an IC title match against Zayn if he's up at Fast Lane and have Lesnar cost Owens the title (have Heyman do it if you don't want to pay Brock for the appearance still does the job). There's your setup.

Then you have Owens go over Lesnar and it sets him up to be a legitimate main event heel to go after the WWE title against a babyface champion that would take the title either at Fast Lane or Mania. My long term booking strategy would be to get DB in there to take the title off Sheamus at Fast Lane or Mania, have him drop it to Owens two or three months later, have Ambrose or a freshly turned Rollins win it from him at Summerslam, that winner drops it to a heel Reigns, and the other guy win it off of Roman at Mania 33.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Why is Owens running in on a match where he has no beef with anyone in it?

Easy. There are two realistic options. One, he is promised a title shot for doing the deed (which can give Owens material to work with down the road after he doesn't get it...good way to get heat for him). Two, you can passively align him with League of Nations. He'll help them when it suits him but won't be buddy-buddy with them like he was with Rollins and New Day.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
Didn't Owens talk to Rollins about getting a future title shot for helping him ?
Lesnar could win the title and Owens can try to sneak himself in the title picture by saying that he's owed the shot there...

But yeah
I don't have any good ideas I admit :laugh:

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Easy. There are two realistic options. One, he is promised a title shot for doing the deed (which can give Owens material to work with down the road after he doesn't get it...good way to get heat for him). Two, you can passively align him with League of Nations. He'll help them when it suits him but won't be buddy-buddy with them like he was with Rollins and New Day.
That makes sense, just a few more hoops than I'd like to use. Having them clash in the Rumble sets it up cleanly without any outside fuss going on. But if you're setting up a follow up down the road it makes sense to do it.

Thinking about it a bit... Something like HHH promising Owens a title shot, send him in to keep Lesnar from beating Sheamus (or heel Reigns). He doesn't get his shot and Lesnar is pissed as well. Match is set up between him and Lesnar, Owens wins and now we've got a monster tier Owens who's on an anti-Authority path in a tweener-ish roll.

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
That makes sense, just a few more hoops than I'd like to use. Having them clash in the Rumble sets it up cleanly without any outside fuss going on. But if you're setting up a follow up down the road it makes sense to do it.

Thinking about it a bit... Something like HHH promising Owens a title shot, send him in to keep Lesnar from beating Sheamus (or heel Reigns). He doesn't get his shot and Lesnar is pissed as well. Match is set up between him and Lesnar, Owens wins and now we've got a monster tier Owens who's on an anti-Authority path in a tweener-ish roll.

I think if he were to be an anti-Authority person then the Authority would need to be solidly face, other wise Owens will be a solid face.

vdB

Dec 28, 2006
Toronto
A potential Owens vs Lesnar match is the best wrestling news I've heard in AWHILE...and it's just a freakin rumour :laugh:

Pleeeeease let that happen. That build up with Heyman/Owens on the mic would be brilliant.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom

A generic Rumble clash only works if Lesnar is in the Rumble itself. He hasn't been it since he returned even going so far as squashing Big Show at the event with chairs instead of being in that match. As much sense and good it can do to put him in that match, I just don't think they will. Besides, I think it's better for both involved if it's something that can be focused on rather than done and then having to split the time with whoever ends up winning that match.

And there's no way for anyone to be anti-Authority and not be a babyface character. Authority will always be heels as long as Stephanie is shown on TV.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I guess if we're still keeping Lesnar out of the Rumble something else has to happen. Which is annoying 'cos I like clean and easy setups like that. My next go to would be to have something happen during a multi-man tag match :D.

But yeah, Owens would end up being a face in an Owens vs Authority program. But that's fine. He can still do all his heel things to people as need. Technically it would be heel vs heel, but the crowd would be behind Owens, hence tweener designation.

You can just have him feud with a face while he's doing it to keep him heel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad