Monday Night Raw #185

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
We see guys bulk up a lot when they return because when they’re doing rehab it’s all they can do. Then they come back and do the schedule and it’s apparent they don’t have the time to put the work in to keep that mass. Same thing happened with Seth.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Seth never looked weird to me on his return. Dude has always been varying levels of jacked.

Dean went from average to jacked. Much weirder to see..

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Seth never looked weird to me on his return. Dude has always been varying levels of jacked.

Dean went from average to jacked. Much weirder to see..
idk man, I remember at MITB that year Rollins midsection looked like it was kind of hanging out over his tights because he had gained so much.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa

he looks like an actual lunatic that just got out of jail and is jacked as all hell now instead of a skinny drug dealer that lives down the street

Seth said Dean was in so much pain for months before getting surgery that he could barely even reach out to make tags at some times because of the pain, and his triceps were basically hanging from strings for months.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Went back to catch the Heyman/Reigns segment and stumbled upon the Elias segment.

Amazing how over the guy is considering they haven't done s*** with him for 18 months. Has he had a single significant feud since he's been on the main roster? The closest I'm coming up with is Rollins, and he had one PPV match that he lost on a roll up.

EDIT: Just me, or did that Roman pop sound canned? Could be wrong... Just had the old Smackdown Seagull sound to it.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Went back to catch the Heyman/Reigns segment and stumbled upon the Elias segment.

Amazing how over the guy is considering they haven't done s*** with him for 18 months. Has he had a single significant feud since he's been on the main roster? The closest I'm coming up with is Rollins, and he had one PPV match that he lost on a roll up.

EDIT: Just me, or did that Roman pop sound canned? Could be wrong... Just had the old Smackdown Seagull sound to it.
I would say he's had feuds with Rollins & Strowman although not lengthy ones.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke

Get ready for more piped-in cheers tonight when he comes out to open Raw. :help:

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
How many callups could their possibly be? I wouldn't be disappointed if there weren't any because the rosters are quite bloated and several notable names didn't even have matches last night.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
The roster overload is at the point where I’d honestly advocate for throwing teams together and seeing what sticks, especially on Raw where the division is really weak.

I don’t know why they went dual brand PPVs with how loaded the rosters are. Absolutely stupid.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
WWE have a way of booking that is not compatible with split brand shows. And the additional PPVs added zero revenue and added significant extra costs. It's stupid to keep doing it when it doesn't work at all for them.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
WWE have a way of booking that is not compatible with split brand shows. And the additional PPVs added zero revenue and added significant extra costs. It's stupid to keep doing it when it doesn't work at all for them.
Well then maybe they should change their booking philosophy that the extra PPVs would generate extra revenue by booking to make numerous stars rather than sacrificing everyone to certain guys they’re trying to force as “the guy.” As it stands, they have a ridiculously bloated roster and no matter how I feel about guys like Roode, they shouldn’t be off Summerslam.

McIntyre, Lashley, Elias, Roode, Orton, Usos, SAnitY, Wyatt, etc., all off the card. Almas and Rusev on the pre-show as the first match. Ambrose gets a pass since he just returned. It’s crazy. I know they’re doing it to keep other companies from having these guys, but do something.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
That's fine.

Cause he sucks.
Yeah I’m kind of indifferent. I liked him in his first run, he had potential. I liked him in TNA/Impact. But now, there’s far better guys. He’s okay in the ring. He gave Velveteen his weakest Takeover match. I’m not so hot on him.

They should just turn Lashley and pair up Lashley and EC3 as a cocky, heel tag team.

Reactions: TD Charlie

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
The roster overload is at the point where I’d honestly advocate for throwing teams together and seeing what sticks, especially on Raw where the division is really weak.

I don’t know why they went dual brand PPVs with how loaded the rosters are. Absolutely stupid.

Yes yes. More focus on the tag division is a must. There are way more guys than they have time to write for, toss some into tag teams and see what sticks. Have some tornado tag matches. Elimination matches. Tournaments. There’s enough there to get guys over and put on some great matches.

Then again, they have to be willing to accept that some lower card talent could get over

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad