Monahan or Lindholm

OilFury

Nov 17, 2012
well what place would this pick be happening? might like other players :p i like lindholm but i would have to go with monahan

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Gagner. Monahan could never take a beating from Beauchemin like SS did.

Don't know enough about either of them honestly. PVR is going to be busy during the WJHC lol.

Grod

The New Era Lives On
Feb 10, 2010
Edmonton
Gagner. Monahan could never take a beating from Beauchemin like SS did.

Don't know enough about either of them honestly. PVR is going to be busy during the WJHC lol.

Who says Monahan would've fought him in the first place. The point was standing up regardless of outcome.

In my opinion I think I'll need more time to fully make a decision between these two kids. Furthermore I'd like to have an idea of where were picking because there will be other options which may or may not include these two...

doubledown99

May 21, 2009
Both good players and both would be awesome on the Oilers.

I personally like Lindholm more and think he would be perfect fit on the Oilers. I've said it before (in Prospects section for the Barkov vs Monahan vs Lindholm thread) but he would slot in perfectly for us.

He is very gritty (Monahan is bigger size wise but from the handful of games I've caught of both players, Lindholm I think plays grittier). He is a great playmaker, very strong down low, has sick dangles, good defensive games (especially for such a young player) just a perfect complement to our young forwards we have. I think Lindholm and Yakupov together would be absolutely sick combo.

OilFury

Nov 17, 2012
well barkov should be the #1 pick imo :p i'd go crazy if the oilers got him somehow...

as for mohanan getting cut will just give him more drive to improve..i think it was dumb to cut him in 1st round ohwell...

Grod

The New Era Lives On
Feb 10, 2010
Edmonton
He'll be back when the NHL sarts up. He looked really good in the Subway Russia series games.

Not likely. Teams are committing their players fully to the Juniors. At least four of them thus far. Not too mention that he was part of the first cuts. Likely they'll be asking back a deeper cut imo.

jukon

NHL Point Leader
Mar 17, 2011
You know we are almost guaranteed to be drafting from 15-30 if there is no season, right?

gooilgo

Dec 30, 2010
Area 51
anything can happen...could be a lucky single ball and get us a top15 pick

What about a #1 overall with that lucky ball.
The main board saying would ******* explode. :naughty:

As for Monahan very Lindholm, I am guessing most Oil fans will say Monahan as they are more familiar with him. Craig Button has good things to say about Lindholm, I would be ecstatic if we got either.

Barkov is the player I would like for that #2C spot but probably a pipe dream, I would not be surprised if he goes 1st overall.

BOUNCE

Jul 22, 2007
Edmonton
I'm going to say Lindholm, hopefully I don't get burned like I did with Paajarvi! Honestly though Lindholm is an awesome player, but without a doubt Monahan would be the perfect #2 center behind RNH and IMO a better fit for the Oilers.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Lindholm but Oil won't get either. Oilers should move up the draft for Pulock!

Nichushkin!! draft him and let him develop in the KHL for two seasons.

Hall-RNH-Eberle
Zharkov-Nichuskin-Yakupov

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad