Confirmed with Link: Monahan + 1st traded to MTL

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Sigh... And there goes the final piece of this gif.

rI4QebK.gif

Master Bill

Congrats, Oilers! (2023)
Nov 9, 2014
Sad to see Mony go. Probably the most consistent goal scorer on this team since Iginla until his hip got busted. Did lots of great things in the community and always seemed to love playing on this team.

Hope he bounces back in Montreal.

Reactions: Fig

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
Sucks that injuries have killed his career and unfortunate that he has to go to create space. I guess the first in 2023 will be in the 20's so not the end of the world to give that up but is another piece gone to try and be good not great.

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
have they confirmed which 1st it is...Treliving has to be fired if he used the 2023 1st to get rid of Monahan.

Reactions: VaporTrail

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020
Even if it cost us a 1st, we still have the 2025 1st evening things out. Plus, if mid last season someone offered us an extended Kadri for Monahan and 1st would anyone here have not taken it?

Out:Gaudreau, Tkachuk, Monahan, 1st
In:Huberdeau, Kadri, Weegar, 1st

Our first line got worse, our second and third line got a LOT better, and our entire D-core just became an embarrassment of riches, and we dumped everyones favorite whipping boy from last season (never fully liked that and I think he bounces back with better opportunity). Hard to see how this off-season isn’t a win now.

Also bold statement: I’d bet our 2023 1st this year is a later pick than Florida’s 2025 first, the Atlantic is going to be a bloodbath in two years time and who knows what happens to Florida by then.

Reactions: Fig

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad