[Mod edit] Season Ticket Holders: Will you be keeping your tickets?

ajmidd12

Know-It-All
Apr 16, 2012
This Planet
P4 STH here, we will renew our 4 seats next season under our account and likely sell pairs of seats to individual games while retaining ownership of the seats should we choose to not go to 41 games. That is a ton of games to attend.

Thus far I've been to every game this year, but TBH it is very taxing out every second night of the week sometimes, especially in the dead cold of winter.

We'll hold onto the seats (or upgrade to the opposite end of the rink if available) for life.

ajmidd12

Know-It-All
Apr 16, 2012
This Planet
That is a weird site or maybe a better thing to say is it’s not my cup of tea. I remember before we landed a team there was a link to that site and some comments that were made on a thread that was about 90% negative about Winnipeg. I went in respectfully to share some information I had about the topic and was surprised at how negative things were? I quickly decided to exit since it was their site, their party, and they were clearly not in the mood for some relaxed rational back and forth. :shakehead
Don't feed the trolls, they are just mad that our team is higher than they are in the standings :D

the collective circle jerk going on at CalgaryPuck is embarrassing. were in the top half of league revenue, have a long wait list for season tickets, and people are making an issue over some singles not being sold until last minute in a season the jets stink? time to panic i guess! :shakehead
Buncha twits if you ask me. Our ownership group has always stated that the Jets are not their cash camel, the Jets exist simply because Mark Chipman and David Thomson love Winnipeg, and love hockey. The team could hemmorage money yearly but the company TNSE as a whole would still be one of the most profitable ventures around.

Why?

Because they have their hands in many different cookie jars not just one.

Don't mind the Calgary fans, they have no idea what they are talking about. If more Cities would build 15,000-17,000 arenas the cost/revenue comparison for NHL hockey would be much better instead of a 20,000 rink with 6,000 empty seats.

pucka lucka

Apr 7, 2010
Ottawa
Wow, it's amazing how people form opinions based on their own imaginings. Do people in Calgary think they are a world class destination? You know Paris, London, New York, Calgary...

Savagestevo

Nov 29, 2011
I'm not an STH but I'm pretty sure I'll try to go to at least 2 or 3 games a year each year regardless of how well the team is doing. Sometimes watching this team can be frustrating, but it's better than not having a team at all.

Prot

Sep 21, 2011
As frustrating as the team is we aren't giving ours up anytime soon.

I have a pretty good group around me overall. There is a total tea bagger behind me that constantly yells the same things over and over:

"WHAT R U DOING?!" (To anyone that doesn't do what he thinks they should)

"IDIOT!!!!" (see above)

"Oh I HATE THAT GUY" (see above)

There's also a pair of 'texters' beside us that probably miss 83-107% of every game.

There's one guy in front of us that rarely comes. He bought a child's Andrew Ladd jersey to save money but it's 'diving suit' tight. He constantly turns back and glares at the guy above me who yells the previously mentioned 3 constant jeers. But 'Tight Andrew Ladd Dude' now sells about 3/4 of his tickets.

Other than that, yea were happy. It's expensive though and if you eat there too much, and drive there... it all adds up. Winning sure would help though.

seasontixholder*

The only way I wouldn't renew mine is if Winnipeg got an NFL team. So I guess I'm a season ticket holder for life.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Wow, it's amazing how people form opinions based on their own imaginings. Do people in Calgary think they are a world class destination? You know Paris, London, New York, Calgary...

Why won't those stupid Calgarians let me into their crappy city for jerks...

m66m

Jun 14, 2011
I won't be renewing because frankly the hockey is brutally boring and I've got more glamorous things to do with my money.

To those who are are lifers, I pity you.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
I won't be renewing because frankly the hockey is brutally boring and I've got more glamorous things to do with my money.

One! One guy not renewing! 5 days and 59 responses into the thread we've finally got one!

On a related note, you folks on the waiting list may indeed be ****ed.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
One! One guy not renewing! 5 days and 59 responses into the thread we've finally got one!

On a related note, you folks on the waiting list may indeed be ****ed.

This is a very small sample size and it's also a sampling of, shall I say, fanatics ( or people that are really into the Jets ) that are on this forum. I would guess that most Jets fans and STHs don't even know about HFB.

More realistically, there will be some turn over. People's financial situation will have changed, groups would have had fights over tickets and the free swag they give away at games, and so on. I'm not saying there will be 1000s of non renewals, but my guess would be a 100 or so 3 year contracts of 2 seats or more will change hands.

Where there could be more turn over though are the people that have 3 year contracts on single seats who bought them because they thought they were going to get rich selling their single seats on the seat exchange or they are just tired of going to the games by themselves.

JMO.

ajmidd12

Know-It-All
Apr 16, 2012
This Planet

Ah you're the classic "buys season tickets to have the status symbol" type guy aren't you.

Best of luck to you, if you consider hockey in Winnipeg (one of the loudest markets in the entire NHL) boring, then I pity you. You're missing out on a real sport that is very entertaining, though if you have better things to do with your money best of luck :D

Last edited:

JMT21

I Give A Dam!
Aug 8, 2011
In My House
Little to no chance I'll give up my ST in the foreseeable future. I've also had a golf membership at a club in Winnipeg for 20+ years. People have asked if I had to chose between the golf membership and my ST.... which would I give up?

Bye Bye golf membership. AINEC

seasontixholder*

Thought I'd update this thread. I'm up for renewal this year and I will but if True North even thinks of raising ticket prices, I'll be pissed! I will be emailing my rep to let him know too.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
They will raise prices the usual amount and if someone complains and drops them they will replace them with one of the 8k on the list.

Bristo

The Oracle
Mar 24, 2013
The reason why I ask STH only - I want to know who is really on these boards and is supporting the hockey team with their wallets/purses!

Going to a few games, buying a jersey, hat, lamp shade... is simply a common fan. A Significant % of people on these boards may want season tix but we're not ponying up any real dough to watch the carnage at the MTS night after night.

To those of you with season tix, maybe 20 of you - I say thank you and it's nice to hear that you're willing to stick with the Jets over the long haul.

Who are you?

Edgar Halliwax

aka Marvin Candle
Sep 23, 2011
Winnipeg
People on this HF Board have discussed our consistently average record, our winning percentage, the CORSI numbers (which have gained traction), our inconsistencies ... the coaching, GM, players, need for trades, need for firings. This has all been covered and I think we all anticipate changes coming; the question is when or how long.

So my question is focused towards SEASON ticket holders only. You're spending all the cash and keeping the team in the city. No offense to those of you like me who head to several games a year and buy the merch. It's great to represent but we're not dropping nearly 10K+ a year on tickets, parking, concessions, etc.

For season ticket holders only - Do you plan to continue to support this team by purchasing season tickets? How much have you spent over the last 3 years and how are you feeling about paying for this team knowing ticket prices will escalate (with an escalating salary cap)?

Why is this troll from Deadmonton allowed to start inflammatory threads every second day in this forum? Enough already...

Bristo

The Oracle
Mar 24, 2013
In his defence, the thread is over a month old. Someone just necro'd it.

There is no defence, he's being a **** disturber with a line like that. The gall to suggest that unless you are a STH you can't be a die-hard fan is either intentionally being inflammatory, or ridiculously naive.

You choose Pcanuck. Either way, incredibly sad.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I've sold all my seasons tickets for the balance of the year. I'm not paying hundreds of dollars per game to watch this brutal team play with even worse effort. Embarrassing

EvilCoop

What year is it?
Nov 29, 2011
The Black Lodge
The first season my family had Michigan Basketball season tickets, we only won 10 games (out of 30). Yet it now pays off, as the team made the finals last year and sells out most of the games. Staying loyal with season tickets is generally worth it in the long run.

bek816

Mar 17, 2012
I will renew my pair of P4 seats. I'm really curious what the increase will be... especially with the new TV deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad