[Mod edit] Season Ticket Holders: Will you be keeping your tickets?

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
A group of STHs who spend time reading and replying to messages on HFJets might be a non-representative sample.

I don't see one negative response here, but I'm sure guys like Darth Monty will be offered seats this offseason or next - there's going to be some turnover as the contracts expire over the next few seasons. 179/5000 = 3.6% non-renewal rate over the next 3 offseasons combined (5000 STH's holding 13000 seats: 3 per owner on average - just a back of the envelope ballpark figure).

Oh absolutely there will be turnover, no question. I'm sure there's a segment that is tired of the losing/mediocrity to this point. The bloom inevitably falls off the rose.

I wouldn't be surprised to see it to the point where we don't have an actual wait list at all, though I don't think that'll happen until we hit the next set of renewals 6-8-9-10 years down the road.

The renewal deals for the P-5-7 groups will be very informative this year as to what will happen when the P1-4 groups come up. We've considered trying to move to the P2 group from P3, but that will depend on pricing and what the "guaranteed" increase percentage is.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Just FYI, P5 tickets are NOT up this year. It's only P6 and P7, the upper decks in the corners and ends, that is up this year. P5 has a 4 year commitment (upper bowl in middle).

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Just FYI, P5 tickets are NOT up this year. It's only P6 and P7, the upper decks in the corners and ends, that is up this year. P5 has a 4 year commitment (upper bowl in middle).

When we transferred ownership of the tickets after year one (P5) we had to recommit to a new 4 year year agreement. But either way I'm planning on holding on to my tickets for life.

ediger

Jan 28, 2013
Winnipeg
I'll always keep my tickets in my name. If I can't afford them one year, I'll sell the games individually, but I'll still keep ownership. I'd hate to give them up and then have to get in the back of the line if/when I decide I want season tix again

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I am in for life. Worse case scenario we add one more partner to out group but I don't see that happening anytime soon.

I think demand for renewal will stay pretty strong and most of the movement will come from "churn" within groups that share tickets while keeping the seats.

mzappa

Jets fans in space
Jun 27, 2011
Just saw this thread, and probably already answered...

But yes renewing my P3s for life. They are effectively P2 tickets so would never give those up.

AndersUlfBobby

Sec 6A Row 29 Seat 1
May 24, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
P6er here. The contract is up at the end of this year. Not ONE second have I thought about not renewing. They'll have to drag me out of that place.

It will be interesting to see how of those people who aren't really into it will renew. I know of another two 6Pers from work and both have made statements to me that they aren't renewing. As far as I am concerned they are (were) just phoney's anyway. The type of people who got the tickets just to say that they had them, and then brag about it. Now when it time to show their real dedication towards the Jets where are they going?

pcanuck

Jun 6, 2011
Edmonton
The reason why I ask STH only - I want to know who is really on these boards and is supporting the hockey team with their wallets/purses!

Going to a few games, buying a jersey, hat, lamp shade... is simply a common fan. A Significant % of people on these boards may want season tix but we're not ponying up any real dough to watch the carnage at the MTS night after night.

To those of you with season tix, maybe 20 of you - I say thank you and it's nice to hear that you're willing to stick with the Jets over the long haul.

King Woodballs

Captain Awesome
Sep 25, 2007
Your Mind
The reason why I ask STH only - I want to know who is really on these boards and is supporting the hockey team with their wallets/purses!

Going to a few games, buying a jersey, hat, lamp shade... is simply a common fan. We all may want season tix but you/ we are not ponying up any real dough to watch the carnage at the MTS night after night.

To those of you with season tix, maybe 15 of you - I say thank you and it's nice to hear that you're willing to stick with the Jets over the long haul.

Did I just read this?
:shakehead

and as a FYI to you, everyone who buys anything is not just a common fan.

That's a pretty ignorant thing to say.

bodybreak

Whiteshell Wild
Jul 11, 2006
I will be renewing! Like others have said, I plan on being a STH for life. Tickets are in my name and there is a group of about 6 of us.

shaunhil

Nov 9, 2011
Morden
I'm on team waitlist and as much as I want to have seasons these answers make me very happy. I've had the pleasure of sitting beside people with a jets jersey on but trash the team more then any opposing fan in the building. I have randomly high fived and basically hugged some guy I had never spoken to before too.

There are some season ticket holders that are to rich to even care to sell them. Sat beside the guys two empty seats on bobble head night last night. (I know who it is they are season tickets)

When it comes down to it there is no rating scale that shows who is the best jets fan ever. Just with all the games I have been to I'm pretty confident all these cheap single seats etc we don't need to worry about the team leaving or whatever the free press wants people to think. I'm sitting here waiting to get two seats and never letting them go too. Got kinda long but go jets go.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
A Significant % of people on these boards may want season tix but we're not ponying up any real dough to watch the carnage at the MTS night after night.

Let's see 16 tickets on seat exchange X aprx $200 = $3200

I think that qualifies as real $$$.

The performance of the team has almost no impact. It was those missing 15 years that made my heart grow fonder. I was part of this city's problem with jets 1.0. The last regular season game I attended was Teemu's rookie year. But I never missed a playoff game.

And to anyone who thinks TNSE as a buisiness is content with not making the playoffs, just imagine what a couple of 7 game series at playoff pricing would do for the bottom line financially.

Last edited:

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Definitely not giving it up. Made sure in my ticket group that at least one seat had my name on the contract for that reason. The team will improve.

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
4 p6 season tickets here.....No question all 4 are renewed..... Would love to do a LONG term renewal (5 year) in exchange for a lower % increase guarantee.... Hope that's an option.. We save a few dollars and TNSE gets a nice commitment

BlueCalgary63

Sep 27, 2011
P7 holder who's contract is up this year, will renew and will always renew for life. Even if I can't attend games and the team isn't performing well I will (and have) donated tickets to youth groups in the city. I would say my income is only about average.

White Out 403*

the collective circle jerk going on at CalgaryPuck is embarrassing. were in the top half of league revenue, have a long wait list for season tickets, and people are making an issue over some singles not being sold until last minute in a season the jets stink? time to panic i guess! :shakehead

Jetty

Russ from St.B
Jun 21, 2011
St.B
I have a 1/4 share of P6 tickets. (high corner)

I end up buying P4 lower bowl tickets a few times a year on top of this because it is a much more enjoyable experience down there.(especially if I am taking an out of town guest to the game) The seating in the P6 corners is just too tight for comfort and I find so much of the game is missed from that vantage point.

Debating what to do because it is getting much easier to pick up lower bowl tickets at a reasonable price. I just realize that if I don't have a share of season tickets obtaining playoff tickets will just be a dream.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
the collective circle jerk going on at CalgaryPuck is embarrassing. were in the top half of league revenue, have a long wait list for season tickets, and people are making an issue over some singles not being sold until last minute in a season the jets stink? time to panic i guess! :shakehead

Pretty sad, but there are tonnes of people who thought the Jets would never be able to support an NHL team, and they'll take any morsel of negativity like this and take it a mile.

White Out 403*

Pretty sad, but there are tonnes of people who thought the Jets would never be able to support an NHL team, and they'll take any morsel of negativity like this and take it a mile.

It's just really sad from one Canadian market to another. If the Flames had gone under with the Nords and Jets in the 90's I would have been thrilled for Calgary to get their team back. I notice that too in almost any Canadian market Calgary (sadly the city in which I live) has been almost negative about the Jets coming back. It was a really sad eye opener comparing my experience between Edmonton and Calgary for the respective first Jets games back.

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
It's just really sad from one Canadian market to another. If the Flames had gone under with the Nords and Jets in the 90's I would have been thrilled for Calgary to get their team back. I notice that too in almost any Canadian market Calgary (sadly the city in which I live) has been almost negative about the Jets coming back. It was a really sad eye opener comparing my experience between Edmonton and Calgary for the respective first Jets games back.

I had the same experience as you when the Jets came. I live in calgary and I don't have tickets or anything but I am always ordering stuff off their main site and the new site TNSE just opened. I proably support the Jets more than the Flames because Flames ownership suck(I like them because Brian Burke has taken and they might go somewhere). But yeah the Jets really need the playoffs and a playoff run.

fmrdh

Mar 5, 2013
I will be renewing my tickets in 325. I hope the people beside me don't renew theirs because they only show up to every 3rd game which is a shame.

HPsauce

Jul 3, 2011
Winnipeg
Sec 329, i'll be renewing. If i can't go to a game i'll give up the tickets or sell them. If it ever gets to the point that i can't sell, i'll still pay for the seat, no doubt about it.

If i wanted to sit and watch the game from the comfort of my own home (which would never happen) I'd still pay for the ticket.

The luxury of having a team to cheer for isn't free Winnipeg.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

That is a weird site or maybe a better thing to say is it’s not my cup of tea. I remember before we landed a team there was a link to that site and some comments that were made on a thread that was about 90% negative about Winnipeg. I went in respectfully to share some information I had about the topic and was surprised at how negative things were? I quickly decided to exit since it was their site, their party, and they were clearly not in the mood for some relaxed rational back and forth. :shakehead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->