Mock Draft w/trades(For those who missed out on others)

Spetzky

Jul 31, 2004
Edmonton
With Anze Kopitar, Brian Boyle, and Bryan Little in the system.
The Los Angelos Kings have put Michael Camallerri(sp?) on the
trading block. He can be moved for a late first.

Checker*

Rangers time on the clock has expired.

We're looking for a pick right now from Philly or New York.

Checker*

OK

Tampa Bay will be going on the clock in five minutes. Apparently neither New York or Philly are going to bother to pick.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Checker said:
OK

Tampa Bay will be going on the clock in five minutes. Apparently neither New York or Philly are going to bother to pick.

I've had some tempting trade offers, and I'm almost willing to gamble and wait that the guy I want will be there at #35, but after careful consideration I figure it's better to just get the guy I want and not try to be too cute.

With that said, with their 1st round pick, #23, the Tampa Bay Lightning select from Finland goalie Riku Helenius.

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
Dr Quincy said:
I've had some tempting trade offers, and I'm almost willing to gamble and wait that the guy I want will be there at #35, but after careful consideration I figure it's better to just get the guy I want and not try to be too cute.

With that said, with their 1st round pick, #23, the Tampa Bay Lightning select from Finland goalie Riku Helenius.

How is Riku Helenius like and how does he compare to the other goalies in the draft? Also, why him over the goalies ranked higher than him? You see, i'm from a country where they do not Televise any hockey activity so i have no idea about these guys.

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
Alright...I'm crazy torn on this one. *Several minutes pause* Alright.

:sabres

The Buffalo Sabres are extremely pleased to be in a position to select a fantastic character player, from the Ontario Hockey League's Sudbury Wolves

Nick Foligno

The Sabres are hoping the Nick will follow in the exceptional footsteps of his father, Mike, who played with the Sabres from 1982 through 1990.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
CircularTheory said:
How is Riku Helenius like and how does he compare to the other goalies in the draft? Also, why him over the goalies ranked higher than him? You see, i'm from a country where they do not Televise any hockey activity so i have no idea about these guys.

ISS doesn't have him that high, but I think he's right up there with Bernier as the best goalie. He's got really good size and I was impressed by his performance in the U-18 tournament.

Tilley_

Aug 3, 2005
Despite moving down two picks (24 to 26) without trading with anyone, and never officially being on the clock the Calgary Flames are please to welcome:

Fiala, Ondrej, Centre, from Everett of the Western Hockey League.

His skill and strong skating will make him an asset to the organization.

DanStewart

Jun 5, 2003
Sarnia, Ontario
Checker said:
I'm taking volunteers to pick for the teams that got skipped.

Since no one else is stepping up to the plate and its been two days now. (Checker, let me know if this is okay)

:rangers select with the belated 21st pick, RW Michael Grabner.

:flyers select with the belated 22nd pick, RW Cal Clutterbuck.

:devils select with the belated 25th pick, G Jonathan Bernier.

:stars select with the belated 28th pick, RW Codey Burki

:sens select with the belated 29th pick, D Brian Strait

:wings select with the ontime 30th pick, D Dennis Persson

:wings select with the ontime 31st pick, RW Michael Forney

Pittsburgh is now on the clock. Lets keep this going guys :)

Last edited:

Boston

Captain Chara
Oct 3, 2005
Hedberg said:
People forgot about the draft. :(
The trade we made/were going to make was made because I wanted to select one of those players with the next pick.. :cry:

Checker*

Hedberg, you can still pick. I will use the other picks made by Cup4Wings and we will resume this thing tomorrow at noon.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
People really need to send PMs, I never got one and I'm never around enough to check everything.

Gah...

Penguins take defenseman from the USA NTDP Jamie McBain

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad