Rumor: MOAR SWEDES (Christian Folin)

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
If all Murray is good for is signing players like ****ing Phillips.

He better compensate for it by signing this guy and better pray to God that he outplays Phillips.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008

He better compensate for it by signing this guy and better pray to God that he outplays Phillips.

It's up to folin where he wants to sign. Murray can't do much all the contracts offered will be pretty much the same

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007

Why in the world would he come here?

Like I said, if this kid is smart he's going to go to Philly: best team that has a huge need for a player like him

Caje

Mar 18, 2010

Have you already forgotten that both Da Costa and Butler were highly touted college FAs (more hyped than Folin) that Murray locked up?

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Have you already forgotten that both Da Costa and Butler were highly touted college FAs (more hyped than Folin) that Murray locked up?

Yeah, Tim Murray.

Well the offer to play with karlsson isn't too shabby. And if he is friends with lehner hopefully they are good friends.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
It's up to folin where he wants to sign. Murray can't do much all the contracts offered will be pretty much the same

Why in the world would he come here?

Like I said, if this kid is smart he's going to go to Philly: best team that has a huge need for a player like him

Murray can sell the team. Tell him he can play with Karlsson and his fellow young Swedes or w.e

Murray has history for signing FA's. Since he isn't doing anything else of proper use right now, he best get this guy in compensation for no first.

We actually could be very attractive destination for him with our horrible D.

Very Stable Genius

#WeLostOurKarlssons
Jan 3, 2005
Chicago
Murray can sell the team. Tell him he can play with Karlsson and his fellow young Swedes or w.e

Murray has history for signing FA's. Since he isn't doing anything else of proper use right now, he best get this guy in compensation for no first.

We actually could be very attractive destination for him with our horrible D.

Lets send a delegation:

Phillips can point out Ottawa on a map
Ukrainian Hackers can threaten him if he doesn't sign
Get Edmonton to retain half of his salary
Tell him we have the best Frolunda boys
????
Profit!

Kickabrat

WHAT - ME WORRY?
Jul 4, 2004
Ottawa

And they were the runner-ups on Bozak. There were also a few teams after Winchester as well. What the Sens have going for them, is that they have been after Folin for 2 years ...probably the first NHL team to show any interest in him. I'm sure that will count for something....how much...who knows. At the end of the day, the decision is the player's....and if he chooses somewhere other than Ottawa it won't be because the Sens did not put a full court press on him or too few dollars to get him signed.

But of course the doomsayers and naysayers around here will blame Murray for not being pro-active. Probably already blaming Murray for the polar vortexes!

BUCKLE UP

MVPTP
Nov 30, 2009
Ottawa
1. Sign this kid
2. Play him in Bingo with fellow Swede Freddie C
3. Develop our own Carlson/Alzner pairing
4. Profit
5. Evil laugh

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
And they were the runner-ups on Bozak. There were also a few teams after Winchester as well. What the Sens have going for them, is that they have been after Folin for 2 years ...probably the first NHL team to show any interest in him. I'm sure that will count for something....how much...who knows. At the end of the day, the decision is the player's....and if he chooses somewhere other than Ottawa it won't be because the Sens did not put a full court press on him or too few dollars to get him signed.

But of course the doomsayers and naysayers around here will blame Murray for not being pro-active. Probably already blaming Murray for the polar vortexes!

Exactly. The contract is the same from all the teams, so really it's up to the player to decide where he joins.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Maybe, but he wouldn't be able to play for them in the playoffs, so I dunno if they'll give him much ice time this year. If he goes to Edmonton he'll get to play in one of the top 2 pairings immediately, and he's guaranteed a roster spot next year unless Edmonton signs 3 or 4 good UFA D-men in the offseason.

Bash bash potatoe mash... You are wrong though. Edm problem may be D but it sure as **** isn't young/rookie/prospect defensemen. Of those there are plenty and maybe one more coming soon, veterans though... Null and void.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
Obviously your a fan of offense as Gryba has the best defensive numbers on the team.

Gryba would be fine if we were not stuffed up the ******* with Phillips and Cowen as well right now, as it stands however he gets lumped in as one of the 3 giant clods.
There is only room for 1 giant clod, and Gryba is the best of them.

Cowen should be the best of them by a mile but ...... here we are.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
i love that we want to be a possession team yet we have 3 starters on defence with questionable hockey sense and for whom the puck is a live grenade.

Hossa18

Jan 20, 2008
i love that we want to be a possession team yet we have 3 starters on defence with questionable hockey sense and for whom the puck is a live grenade.

You can add Boro to the list next year with his one way contract....Love what he brings Physically but if we go with Boro, Cowen and Phillips on the left side next year, if you believe the rumours about Methot not being in their plans, it will only get worse.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Based on past play at the NHL level I have 0 faith in Boro: he's physical and.... that's it

How has he looked in Bingo this year?

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
An upgrade over Phillips isn't what we should be looking for since almost anybody that we could realistically get and want to target would be better

Boro falls down all the freaking time from what I remember

Hammertyme

Jun 20, 2006
Gatineau/Ottawa
An upgrade over Phillips isn't what we should be looking for since almost anybody that we could realistically get and want to target would be better

Boro falls down all the freaking time from what I remember

Boro is at best a lateral move with Phillips and they have chosen Phillips. PW46 will need to be moved to get Boro any chance at the #7 spot. He is better defensively than PW46 but has no where near the offensive vision.

The question then is "What does the team need?" In reality they don't need another defensive dman. So who can they deal? Not necessarily who do they want to deal. In order for someone to take a player they need to have present and future value.

Another question is, " Who's currently under contract who is wanted?"

Boro..little NHL experience and a so so year in Bingo. Small cap hit.
PW46.. Healthy scratch for a good part of the season, some physical limitations and a 2mill cap hit.
CP4 .. Aging, less mobile, 2.5 mill cap hit NMC
Cowen.. tough year, playing better at end of season 3.1mil cap hit
Gryba.. Decent year, good defensive numbers..will likely go to arbitration.
Methot..Very good year, best def dman. Will be looking at big money next year.

Methot
Gryba
Cowen
Phillips
Boro as defensive guys

Karlsson,
Ceci,
Wiercioch as puck movers

JoeSakic

Aug 15, 2006
I know there are some on here that love Boro but I don't see much there...he's willing to drop the mittens and plays phyical but I don't see any upgrade over the likes of Gryba or Cowen.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I know there are some on here that love Boro but I don't see much there...he's willing to drop the mittens and plays phyical but I don't see any upgrade over the likes of Gryba or Cowen.

those are the upgrades. he plays with more intensity than both of them combined.. that being said cowen has the higher ceiling

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad