OT: MMA General Discussion Thread (UFC, Strikeforce, Belator etc...) Part 2

YEGJuniorFan

Dec 3, 2009
Edmonton
Would be a lot more of a possibility then TriStar. I asked Ian about it before and he said he's not allowed up here because of some issues he had before. A lot of people don't realize he was a serious drug addict when he fought Dominic Cruz in the WEC a few years ago. He OD'd and technically died like a month after that fight.

He could be a killer at Roufus as well. I think his biggest issue is that he has such a tight knit fan base, and he worries about how they will view his fight more then anything. He's made like 3 apologies to the UG since his fight on Saturday. I think if he was less worried about impressing us, and more worried about winning he'd be in a lot better spot. He probably would have finished MM is their first fight if that was the case.

You spoke with McCall? How did you do that? I am jealous man, I am a big McCall fan.

Musashi

May 23, 2012
Alberta
funny how it's the same original main and co-main as ufc 146 but has been switched around for the title fight

i hope jds ko's overeem with authority

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
i hope overeem beats jds to mush then gets to revenge fight bigfoot.

Musashi

May 23, 2012
Alberta
i hope overeem beats jds to mush then gets to revenge fight bigfoot.

Yes please, I would love to see this happen again

Overeem was beyond terrible in that fight

Attachments

• 05a.jpg
    05a.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 8

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton

Overeem made Bigfoot look like an amateur for the first two rounds. Then Bigfoot caught him and finished him like any amateur can. Overeem should never have been in that position, he grossly underrated Bigfoot's striking, and power. But he wasn't terrible.

BadMedicine*

Overeem is a steroid monkey with a bloated attitude, as far as I am concerned once you do roids you suck forever.

Bigfoot is one of the few humans who looks like he is naturally supposed to be that big. I cant stand puffed up roid users, and i couldnt care less if they get caught and test clean, once you are a steroid junkie you are always a steroid junkie, it is what it is.

Overeem is getting what he deserves some of these roid monkeys wouldnt have even gotten a shot at major MMA contracts without the roids helping them beat truer clean competitors at smaller shows.

Bigfoots hand speed and punching was terrific for a naturally big man, he was a predator once he smelled blood, that is what I pay to see, not some puff daddy trying to tell me he is clean now.

Overeem didnt underestimate Bigfoot , he overestimated himself because of his roid slumming. I was a sports competitor and I worked out in the gym in high school with a few guys who went right into pro football, one was named Palmer{he was clean}, and to tell you the truth roids work wonderfully if you work your butt off, its not as simple as sticking a needle in or taking a pill, you still need to do pro level workouts and be committed, it is just straight up cheating like anywhere else and should result in minimum two year complete bans first offense and career bans second offense. The edge that the guys got that I worked out with was medium,not overwhelming because when I was maxed out I was 75% of what they could do with roids. 25% increase is ot overwhelming and can be nullified in most sports with technique, so a champion will typiclly overcome the disadvantage and kick the snot out of a roid user. It will just take longer. The real sad thing is the fact that these arseholes get OPPORTUNITYS before clean athletes , they usually lose to a real clean champ in the end but they ruin so many guys opportunitys on the way up that it is a tradgedy, I would refuse to fight roid monkeys if my health was on the line, I would risk 100% of my body and soul in a fair fight , but not once would I give roid junkies the chance to taste what I have cooking.

So you see guys like Overeem and any other roid user suck, period, even if they stop using they are in positions they never fairly earned, positions of opportunity that belong to other , better men.

It is nice to see them smashed but it would be fair to not see them at all for 2 years, and on repaet never again.

If I recall Bigfoot was on the ball and it wasnt the first punch that did the terminal damage, it was the tree standing there with his brain telling him he was superman and his brain cells getting scrambled big time, really it is sad to see guys put in this much danger when a superior striker has them at their mercy and their brains just wont shut down, the punishment they take to their brains is beyond human and even if the roids help their bodies handle this incredible trauma the roids cannot help their brains which do not bulk up within their skulls. A good lawyer would sue the organisations for millions based on their unwillingness to police their own sport properly and for putting athletes with a history of roid abuse back inside the octagon to soon accomodating the level of damage they recieve when the big light wont shut off when it is supposed to.

I love MMA but hate cheaters.

I believe that anyone caught doing roids should be banned for 2 yrs with a loss of pro wins and then life and again have all of their past wins deleted from their pro records and all championships also deleted permanently from the record books, this is the only way to stop the abuse.

Lance Armstrong, Ben Johnson the list is very long but the reality is that when you cheat you risk not just the competition you cheat in but you risk your professional legacy and future income potential forever.

Dana White tip toes around the issue relentlessly. he fencesits because he knows the state of affairs within his sport overall, and is as nervous as hell.

Athletes have tried to change things, Big Country outed Shane Carwin on National television to piss off Dana White who knew darn well Carwin was a roid monkey. Dana White can take a hike, I like Big Country and would rather watch him roll around on the ground and pummel people then watch some roid cheater trying to impersonate a fighter, for gods sakes of all sports in the world fighting is the one that gives fans the least bang for the steroid buck because clean fighters are ten times more exciting and competative to watch and Dana know it.

Big Countrys tactics are perfectly acceptable and natural for a big huge man guys his size dont have many tactical options, Dana White tries to cut down BC because he knows perfectly well that god doesnt make huge men who are athletic and coordinated very often and he has seats to fill and money to make so he endorses big roid whores who will put on a show for him taking inhuman amounts of punishment in the process. I think BC is an awsome athlete and has lightening fast hands and excellent footwork and because he is clean other than a high cholesterol count I appreciate his efforts and sucess even more.

Roids ruined boxing and now White is watching them begin to undermine MMA and as an influential player within the sport itself he must be held accountable. Instead of helping clean up the sport and trying to build his own legacy based on integrity he is so vain he already thinks he has done enough as a pioneer of the spots explosive growth to be teflon. He stands there and publicly spouts off against fighters who are trying to clean up the sport, that sucks Dana. Your sport escaped the cocaine scandals that ruined many careers but somehow I think Karma is coming for your arse with the roids issue. MMA is due for a market correction and pubicity is the catalyst of that, just one or two viral rants and the cascade will begin.

I love MMA and would like to see Dana White remain a leader in the sports evolution globally, but it seems to me that boxing and its very long and ugly fall from grace hasnt taught professional pugalists anything at all about properly evolving and managing their sport it seems.

Last edited by a moderator:

Musashi

May 23, 2012
Alberta
Overeem made Bigfoot look like an amateur for the first two rounds. Then Bigfoot caught him and finished him like any amateur can. Overeem should never have been in that position, he grossly underrated Bigfoot's striking, and power. But he wasn't terrible.

I disagree man, sure Overeem won the 1st two rounds but can your really say he was impressive? We had a k1 heavy weight world grand prix champ vs a big and slower, although dangerous, heavyweight in silva but who has been dropped by DC and Mike kyle standing up.

Bigfoot did nothing the first two rounds, while Overeem held his hands low and kept clinching bigfoot and then took him down in the 2nd and proceeded to gas while not hurting Silva once. As soon as Silva finally decided to amount any offense it was over for Overeem.

The amount of hype and how big of a favorite Overeem was, I say he looked pretty terrible getting ktfo.

Kamus

Oct 21, 2005

Sorry but Overeem didn't do very much in the first two rounds and certaintly didn't make Silva look like an amateur.

Overeem was the most overrated fighter in the world before last fight, if you have watched him over his career you would see he's very inconsistent he can look unbeatable in one fight and like crap in the next. A big reason for this is he has a bad chin and can't take a shot.

Combine a weak chin with a total diregard for the oponent and this is what happens.

Also word is the Blackzillians camp is a joke with no real training happening. Overeem had his best success when he was trained by people who knew his weaknesses and had him fight a consevative style to hide his weak chin.

CornKicker

Feb 18, 2005
Yes please, I would love to see this happen again

you are insane, Overeem was dominating that fight, he chose to fight a counter striking game which wasn't working because bigfoot was terrified to engage. Overeem made a huge mistake not expecting bigfoot to come out swinging and got smoked. IMO there is no way that happens again, overeem won't take anyone lightly and would destroy bigfoot in a rematch.

CornKicker

Feb 18, 2005
Sorry but Overeem didn't do very much in the first two rounds and certaintly didn't make Silva look like an amateur.

Overeem was the most overrated fighter in the world before last fight, if you have watched him over his career you would see he's very inconsistent he can look unbeatable in one fight and like crap in the next. A big reason for this is he has a bad chin and can't take a shot.

Combine a weak chin with a total diregard for the oponent and this is what happens.

Also word is the Blackzillians camp is a joke with no real training happening. Overeem had his best success when he was trained by people who knew his weaknesses and had him fight a consevative style to hide his weak chin.

yeah he has a really weak chin, thats how he ate 6 bombs from a 280lb bigfoot before he went down. the only 2 people to KO him standing before that was Chuck liddell (reem was clearly gassed)and Sergei Kharitonov (huge HW with great power). Shogun KO'd him twice both times with hammerfists on the ground, and that is hardly a slight on anyones chin as shoguns hammerfist knockout list is plentyful.

Musashi

May 23, 2012
Alberta
you are insane, Overeem was dominating that fight, he chose to fight a counter striking game which wasn't working because bigfoot was terrified to engage. Overeem made a huge mistake not expecting bigfoot to come out swinging and got smoked. IMO there is no way that happens again, overeem won't take anyone lightly and would destroy bigfoot in a rematch.

Dominating is a huge stretch :laugh:, even with Silva generating no offense. Do you give any rounds 10-8 to Overeem even tho Silva did nothing? Nope. He controlled the first two rounds, nothing more. He chose to counter strike a fighter who stood in front of him the entire first round. Seems like a good plan. Overeem should have an advantage in the clinch over every hw and he still couldn't land anything damaging or wear Silva down in the clinch.

Overeem was just flat out not impressive that fight. He was a TERRIBLE matchup for Silva and couldn't do anything substantial for the 1st ten minutes. Silva came at him at the end of the 2nd round and at the beginning of the 3rd. For being a supposed top end striker, there's no excuses for getting beaten down like that. Overeem has yet to beat anyone at the top of the hw division and I dont think that's going to change. He might of beat Werdum but he still couldnt oustrike him in that fight.

Silva said he was waiting for Overeem to gas out before making his charge and it seemed to work to me. No excuses for Overeem, especially this being his first fight back from failing a drug test.

yeah he has a really weak chin, thats how he ate 6 bombs from a 280lb bigfoot before he went down. the only 2 people to KO him standing before that was Chuck liddell (reem was clearly gassed)and Sergei Kharitonov (huge HW with great power). Shogun KO'd him twice both times with hammerfists on the ground, and that is hardly a slight on anyones chin as shoguns hammerfist knockout list is plentyful.

Overeem doesnt have the best chin but I wouldn't say weak. He's only been stopped by strikers with great power but he has been stopped 7 times. Problem with Overeem is once he is hurt or takes a big shot, he basically folds and has no chance of recovering or responding.

Not a good example using the bigfoot fight tho. Overeem was clearly out on his feet with his back against the cage and it wasnt his chin keeping him up.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
Rory Mac injured, new lineup:

Condit vs Hendricks
Ellenberger vs Marquadt

Damn Rory! Was so looking forward to that fight:cry:

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Any reason why in "Here comes the boom" Krzysztof Soszynski doesn't use his own name instead of Ken Dietrich? Most the other fighters used their real names.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Am the only one who's lost interest in mma the past year? Was a huge fan of pride back in the day and the UFC for a bit then I kind of list interest in UFC around 2010-2011 then I got right back into it big time but essentially since last spring I've really lost interest seems similar to last time too much disparity in divisions. Every division is 1 or 2 guys and then everyone else. Hopefully some new exciting young fighters come out too rejuvenate me.

molsonmuscle360

Jan 25, 2009
Ft. McMurray Ab
Overeem is a steroid monkey with a bloated attitude, as far as I am concerned once you do roids you suck forever.

Bigfoot is one of the few humans who looks like he is naturally supposed to be that big. I cant stand puffed up roid users, and i couldnt care less if they get caught and test clean, once you are a steroid junkie you are always a steroid junkie, it is what it is.

And this kind of shows that you basically try to use a ton of words to make yourself look smart. Overeem has only ever tested possible for elevated testosterone. Bigfoot has actually tested positive for steroids before! I stopped reading at this point because I'm not going to read a bunch of long winded uniformed crap.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
Agreed.

I'm kinda hoping Condit wins. Seeing Hendricks throw another temper tantrum would be hilarious.

Imagine how mad he's gonna be if he beats Condit, and GSP announces he's fighting Marquadt to unify the titles...haha

PepsiFiend

Feb 19, 2009
I think JDS is too quick for Overeem...not to mention he fades in fights the moment things don't go his way... He has the same problems he had at 205, cardio and heart! And to the person going on about his K1 title, did you even watch that year? I am not taking anything away from his Grand Prix title but you make it sound like he blasted through Schilt, Hari and Remy Bojansky in a single night, when in reality, Spong was his toughest fight in the 1st round, and then fought a one armed Gohkan Saki, and then old man Aerts!

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
Marqardt lost his title in the final Strikeforce event.

Bah, my bad. Thought the Woodley fight was his last, forgot about Saffiedine.

On another note, apparently the UFC offered Saffiedine the Condit fight and he declined.

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
Bah, my bad. Thought the Woodley fight was his last, forgot about Saffiedine.

On another note, apparently the UFC offered Saffiedine the Condit fight and he declined.

Watch as Hendricks wins and GSP does say that he needs to do a unification fight with Saffiedine. I think poor Johny's head would explode.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad