MLS Thread: Enter Zlatan

Status
Not open for further replies.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
And while I'm at it I'll throw in people who couldn't be bothered to cross a goddamned bridge to go to an MLS game for 20 or so years as well.
If you understand anything about New York, you'd know we don't like New Jersey. Culturally we are miles apart.

But you aren't from here so fair enough.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
If you understand anything about New York, you'd know we don't like New Jersey. Culturally we are miles apart.

But you aren't from here so fair enough.
I call out pretentious people and you reply with like the most pretentious post ever. I couldn't write anything funnier than that. And that whole thing must be why the Giants and Jets have struggled so mightily with attendance since moving to the Meadowlands right???

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
I call out pretentious people and you reply with like the most pretentious post ever. I couldn't write anything funnier than that. And that whole thing must be why the Giants and Jets have struggled so mightily with attendance since moving to the Meadowlands right???
Not liking New Jersey is pretentious? Do you know what that word means? I never said anything bad about New Jersey, I just said we don't like New Jersey. I didn't make the rules brother. Nothing pretentious about it. They don't like us, we don't like them.

AND if you knew anything about New York football fans, you know while they go to Meadowlands, they aren't exactly happy. You know how many Jets fans want them back in Queens? Not to mention both Giants and Jets originated fom New York and established fans long before they moved to New Jersey, which is the difference between them and Red Bulls. How many hockey fans in New York are Devils fans? Right.

Judging people for not liking what you like, buddy, the one being pretentious here is you.

Last edited:

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Actually the Devils have a good amount of fans in NY, particularly in Brooklyn. There's a reason there were so many of them who would show up in Nassau (and of course Brooklyn). This has been mentioned on their broadcasts several times.

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
The Metros were specifically created to be the N.Y. entry in MLS. The ESC was created in NYC and consisted entirely of fans from the city. The reason the team played at Giants Stadium is because it was literally the only place in the whole region a pro soccer team could realistically play at. This is the exact same reason the Jets left Shea and why the Giants ended up in the Meadowlands as well.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
Actually the Devils have a good amount of fans in NY, particularly in Brooklyn. There's a reason there were so many of them who would show up in Nassau (and of course Brooklyn). This has been mentioned on their broadcasts several times.
Sure they have fans. There’s bound to couple. But they are far outnumbered by Rangers and heck in Brooklyn, islanders.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Please tell about something else this "argument" hurts my head.
Zlatan is supposed to play tomorrow it’ll be interesting how they fit everyone in

Zlatan-Ola
Gio-JDS-Kitchen-Alessandrini

With Llegett coming off the bench.

Then they’re going to see Gio sucks on the wing and try a 3-4-1-2

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I don't know why Galaxy fans would be so welcoming to Zlatan. He's over the hill, he's only showing up because he wasn't getting game time at Man United, and this is the person who disrespected your best ever player by calling him a nobody.

If I was a Galaxy fan, I'd be pretty upset that they brought in a ticket seller to kick out a very productive goal scorer, Kamara, of a spot.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I don't know why Galaxy fans would be so welcoming to Zlatan. He's over the hill, he's only showing up because he wasn't getting game time at Man United, and this is the person who disrespected your best ever player by calling him a nobody.

If I was a Galaxy fan, I'd be pretty upset that they brought in a ticket seller to kick out a very productive goal scorer, Kamara, of a spot.
They’re talking about playing Kamara and Zlatan together. Also it doesn’t matter if Zlatan is over the hill. He’s a world class player. The only reason he wasn’t getting game time was because he was injured. It’s not like he was just sitting the bench.

Also no fan is going to regret going to that game. The LA vs LAFC has been the most hyped game I’ve seen in a while.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
They’re talking about playing Kamara and Zlatan together. Also it doesn’t matter if Zlatan is over the hill. He’s a world class player. The only reason he wasn’t getting game time was because he was injured. It’s not like he was just sitting the bench.

Also no fan is going to regret going to that game. The LA vs LAFC has been the most hyped game I’ve seen in a while.

I don't think those two players can play together. Its like playing Zlatan with Lukaku. They are similar enough strikers that it probably won't work. And I don't think Dos Santos on the wing is going to work, not that playing him centrally works either.

We don't know how good he is anymore, he's barely played all season.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I don't think those two players can play together. Its like playing Zlatan with Lukaku. They are similar enough strikers that it probably won't work. And I don't think Dos Santos on the wing is going to work, not that playing him centrally works either.

We don't know how good he is anymore, he's barely played all season.
Ola is much more a run in behind than Lukaku. It actually might work really well honestly. 100% agree on Gio but then they either do a 3-4-1-2 or move Llegett to the wing.

Yeah we don’t know how good he is anymore and he could be another Gerrard but I would probably bet money his impact is closer to Drogba’s. He has a huge ego and is a competitor. He won’t just coast and even if he does he will still score.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I don't think I've ever wanted to win a regular season game more than I want to win today.

Also Zlatan and Ola are going to play together. Highly doubt Zlatan will start today and likely only geta little over 20 minutes. And as long as Alessandrini is healthy, Gio will not be on the wing and will likely play underneath both Ola and Zlatan.

Reactions: sabremike

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I don't think I've ever wanted to win a regular season game more than I want to win today.

Also Zlatan and Ola are going to play together. Highly doubt Zlatan will start today and likely only geta little over 20 minutes. And as long as Alessandrini is healthy, Gio will not be on the wing and will likely play underneath both Ola and Zlatan.
Who’s the other wing then? How do you think they will line up?

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Who’s the other wing then? How do you think they will line up?

Honestly have no idea how they'll line up. They could go a lot of different ways. We have so many players coming back from injuries and international duty to know how Sigi will lineup. Alessandrini, Dos Santos brothers and Ciani all participated in training this week.

So I bet we start this game with
Kamara
Lleget- Gio-Alessandrini
Jona-Kitchen
Cole-Skjelvik-Ciani-Feltscher
Bingham

And Zlatan will come off the bench at some point.

Now when Zlatan is 90 minutes fit it'll make things complicated. Could play a 3-5-2 just to make sure Gio is in.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Honestly have no idea how they'll line up. They could go a lot of different ways. We have so many players coming back from injuries and international duty to know how Sigi will lineup. Alessandrini, Dos Santos brothers and Ciani all participated in training this week.

So I bet we start this game with
Kamara
Lleget- Gio-Alessandrini
Jona-Kitchen
Cole-Skjelvik-Ciani-Feltscher
Bingham

And Zlatan will come off the bench at some point.

Now when Zlatan is 90 minutes fit it'll make things complicated. Could play a 3-5-2 just to make sure Gio is in.

3.31_LAFC_starting-XI-1920.jpg

Well no Alessandrini, or either Dos Santos. ****

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Get the point on the road with our B squad and move on. Price we have to pay for being in legitimate international competition is dropping points to teams our full strength squad wouldn't drop.

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad

What did he say?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad