OT: MLB Thread XLV

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Don't really care about Cano anymore, he's performing. You know it's going to be bad sometime next year or the year after. Bite the bullet. They have the DH, so he's not blocking any playing time. He starts sucking, hopefully Cohen just buys him out at that point. Dude is loaded so it shouldn't hurt as bad as the Wilpons doing it.

Just send Diaz somewhere for something. Even if it is a decent prospect or another young piece that needs a new home. Next 24 hours would be ideal. Would not wait until the offseason.

who cares if Cano is performing? He’s a 39 and baseball dinosaur.

Agree about Cohen though. So long as this goes through he can buy out guys out and make us forget about the Wilpons and this dope GM.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010

Padres have been making all kinds of moves. One of the best prospect systems is throwing it's weight around.

I'll stick to my guns, hope the market is set up for sellers. Mets are too far out with the amount of games left and how they are performing.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Bottom line...the Mets are cursed. No other explanation for what occurred yesterday. Funny, was playing golf yesterday with some buds and my podner is a huge Met fan like me. We are keeping track of the game while we are playing and when Mets went up 7-2, 99% of team fan bases would think it's probably over and we got this.

We both said almost at same time that there is no doubt the Yankees are going to at very least put a scare into the Mets if not win. He looks at his phone and he says "Billy...it's 7-4 and Diaz is in". That's when I knew we were done.

This team is eternally cursed and it's not going to change until the Wilpons are gone which I pray happens next year. I truly believe the Wilpons made a few deals with the devil over the years with the Madolf one the main one and it's haunted us ever since. I have no doubt in my mind once they are gone and Steve Cohen takes over, there will be sincere hope once again that a championship could be won again in our lifetimes.

Oh and I agree with you guys....BVW should do a complete sell off...we aint going anywhere anyhow even if we made the playoffs. Keep the core guys and get rid of everyone else...it needs to happen but it won't!

Reactions: Greg02

Adam Fox Time

Jan 1, 2020
I really hope the Yankees keep Erik Kratz.

Looks like a good defensive catcher, but beyond that he was behind the plate for two great games by Happ and Deivi. He already formed a relationship with Deivi lol

Reactions: ponzu4u

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Bottom line...the Mets are cursed. No other explanation for what occurred yesterday.

I mean the whole series was the Mets and Yankees taking turns just imploding and stepping on their dicks.

Neither are cursed per say. It happens. It all just seemed to happen spectacularly in one weekend.

One of the craziest series I've ever seen.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
I mean the whole series was the Mets and Yankees taking turns just imploding and stepping on their dicks.

Neither are cursed per say. It happens. It all just seemed to happen spectacularly in one weekend.

One of the craziest series I've ever seen.

I've been a Met fan for almost 50 years...I'll stick with the "they are not just cursed but f'n cursed" theory of mine...lol

But yes no question one of it not THE most bizarro world Met Yankee series ever!!!

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
As The Post reported at the time, Cohen’s prior $2.6 billion bid for the Mets fell apart in February after he was informed by Fred and Jeff Wilpon that the family wanted Jeff to maintain total operational control of the Mets during a five-year transition period between the ownership groups. Cohen balked entirely when Jeff also made it clear he expected to have a senior role within the organization and retain his title of COO, his salary and even perks like a private plane after Cohen took over.

This time there is no transition period, and Jeff Wilpon will not be retaining a management position.
Cohen may be a dirtbag but he's my kind of dirtbag.

Adam Fox Time

Jan 1, 2020
The only interesting player this trade deadline was Clevinger. Maybe Starling Marte as well but we don't need more outfielders.

And I'm really glad we didn't trade Deivi for Clevinger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad