OT: MLB Thread - Part XIX: Yankees Hire Boone. Joe Buck Still Unenthused

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThirdEye

Nov 28, 2006
New York
Kind of disappointing that neither Torres nor Andujar stuck, but not really unexpected. Andujar probably being the bigger disappointment considering how hot he started off and he's not recouping from an injury like Gleyber is.

Oh well, bring on the season already

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
Adrian Gonzalez is ****ing horrible. Even if you're not a fan of Dom Smith, what the Mets are doing right now is sheer lunacy.

My body will be ready for the team to DFA him after he has already taken like 100 regular season plate appearances.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Dom is injured and he's not really proven himself yet anyway, but Gonzalez should not make the team. I don't think Callaway is dumb, I think Gonzalez will barely play, if he even makes the team. I'm worried about our offense though, we've barely scored any runs this spring.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Who here is modelling baseball for DFS purposes? @SA16 ? I may try my hand at that this season.

I play but I don't have my own model for MLB. I had made a relatively simple one a few years back for FD but never updated it when I transitioned it over to DK.

The thing with baseball is so much is already known/solved that there's no need to reinvent the wheel. Just take one of the several very good season long systems publicly available and make adjustments from there for a specific day.

Last edited:

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
I play but I don't have my own model for MLB. I had made a relatively simple one a few years back for FD but never updated it when I transitioned it over to DK.

The thing with baseball is so much is already known/solved that there's no need to reinvent the wheel. Just take one of the several very good season long systems publicly available and make adjustments from there for a specific day.
Makes sense. Probably have better luck breaking hockey. Instead of playing baseball could use the off-season to make that happen.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Makes sense. Probably have better luck breaking hockey. Instead of playing baseball could use the off-season to make that happen.

The average person is FAR worse at hockey. Not even remotely close. In baseball having Trout 70%+ owned on days isn't too uncommon. In hockey (barring 2-3 game days or some super egregious price) you very rarely see anyone even close to that.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Who is Aaron Sanchez? He won the ERA title at age 23 and was just as highly regarded as Syndergaard when both were in the Blue Jays farm system.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Was is very different from is

Sanchez may be the best hitter on this stacked team
And the other Sanchez lost almost all of last year due to blister problems. One is locked in as an all-star, the other may have difficulty ever pitching a full season. (I should know, I had the latter as a keeper on my fantasy squad going into last season.)

Reactions: All Might
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad