OT: MLB Thread - Part XIX: Yankees Hire Boone. Joe Buck Still Unenthused

Status
Not open for further replies.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Yankees acquire Brandon Drury. There's the insurance policy for Torres and/or Andujar.

Drury to Yankees, Solak to Rays, and Souza to Dbacks. 3 team deal
This was a good insurance move.

Drury starts year at 2nd and Andujar at 3B. Torres joins team after a month. Then they rotate with Andujar and Torres eventually 2/3 of starts

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Moustakas likely did not move off his price tag/term and so Yankees decided to move on.

Btw Cash really loves 3-team trades with Arizona involved lol

Wish we came away with Archer too.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
I actually wonder if this move frees up Andujar to be moved for a SP.

I hope not, but we'll see.
I hope not too. I want this kid to hit. They have enough assets to get an SP at the deadline.

I think they simply did not want to go into the season with two rookies in the infield. They also did not want to have Torres burn off that year so instead of Tyler Wade or Torreyes they brought in Drury at the cost of a player (Solak) who has no long term future here. Had Tyler Wade hit, like at all, last year they might have been more content with letting him, Torreyes, Torres, and Andujar all battling it out

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Torres only has to be in the minors for 16 days to not burn a year.

Moving Solak to ensure that when they could have easily just gone with Wade or Toe for a few weeks seems a bit extreme.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Torres only has to be in the minors for 16 days to not burn a year.

Moving Solak to ensure that when they could have easily just gone with Wade or Toe for a few weeks seems a bit extreme.
Not extreme at all. Solak was blocked and was not a blue chip prospect. They can live without him. Makes nothing and he can swing the bat. This move was also done as insurance for the entire season. Drury is 10x the player of Wade and Toe. Wade showed he cant hit a breaking pitch and until he does so there was no comfort level from the organization in case Andujar/Torres struggled. It is a great sound move by the Yanks.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
I actually think Yankees wait til the deadline or around there to make a move for SP if they need to. Cole hamels might be an option he's in the final year of his deal I believe.

Reactions: RGY

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I like this trade.

We're absolutely overflowing with position players and Solak had no chance here. Hugging prospects that have no realistic path to being on the Yankees does us no good.

Reactions: RGY

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
As in they strike out same amount is what he's saying.
I understand that. Strikeouts can be forgiven more easily when you bring everything else to the table that Trout does. Adding a marginal player like Drury to a lineup already full of strikeouts is problematic. Particularly when we'll probably have to go through the Astros to win a title. A team that doesn't strike out and is great at situational hitting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad