MLB off-season News & Notes thread (Phils sign Kingery to 6 year deal)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Be interesting to see what the Cardinals offered to Miami. Given the interest Stanton should have around the league I expect Miami to weigh out all offers for him.

robert terwilliger

the bart, the
Nov 14, 2005
sw florida
Montreal won't get a new team if they don't get a new stadium:

oh my god we already knew this. it's the same story every year.

"we deserve a team back in montreal. give us the tampa bay rays, they have a ton of issues with financing and placement for their stadium."

"build a stadium and we'll start the process"

"but it's hard to find a place to build and we don't want to finance it ourselves!"

*next year*

"we deserve a team back in montreal..."

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
How good of a prospect is this guy? Does he have MLB potential or is he just a guy who will be minor league arm

++fastball that touches 100+

He's pretty raw right now with control issues and with his secondary pitches but he has 8th/9th inning guy upside in the majors, imo.

Good trade by Hahn whose really building something on the south side.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
oh my god we already knew this. it's the same story every year.

"we deserve a team back in montreal. give us the tampa bay rays, they have a ton of issues with financing and placement for their stadium."

"build a stadium and we'll start the process"

"but it's hard to find a place to build and we don't want to finance it ourselves!"

*next year*

"we deserve a team back in montreal..."

To be fair they are closer than ever, the city is willing to put money in, they have private investors who will put money in.

The #1 overall pick from four years ago gets DFAed.

Giles hasn't been the lights-out closer the 'Stros wanted him to be, but I guess Lunhow knew Appel was a bust.

Pittsburgh ended up with Austin Meadows, not too bad.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
No chill.

Wonder why the Cardinals didn't get as severely punished. Seems like a worse crime tbh.

After the Red Sox got hammered with penalties, I believe it was said that they were going to send a message and be severe penalties moving forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad