Recalled/Assigned: Mittelstadt assigned to Rochester 12/15

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Hope Casey builds his confidence and gets a lot of ice time in all situations in Roch.

Also, as someone who's a little stitious about these kinds of things, I think he needs to pick better jersey numbers. 37 and 73 are just bleh for a skill player.

DolanPlsGoSabres

スカンデッラ
Mar 17, 2013
Nagoya
Hope Casey builds his confidence and gets a lot of ice time in all situations in Roch.

Also, as someone who's a little stitious about these kinds of things, I think he needs to pick better jersey numbers. 37 and 73 are just bleh for a skill player.

Hey, maybe he's respecting Matt Ellis!

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC

Patrice Bergeron and Andrei Svechnikov would respectfully disagree.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Don't worry about Mittelstadt. He's a got great first step. In all my years of watching prospects he's got the best first step I've ever seen.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
He’s been a non-factor so far. Barely looks like he belongs I that league...looks slow, even though he’s not...gives away the puck more than he should. His problem might be that he can’t think the game quick enough yet?

He’s closer to being a bust than he is being an impact player IMO. Hopefully he rights the ship in 2020.

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
He’s been a non-factor so far. Barely looks like he belongs I that league...looks slow, even though he’s not...gives away the puck more than he should. His problem might be that he can’t think the game quick enough yet?

He’s closer to being a bust than he is being an impact player IMO. Hopefully he rights the ship in 2020.

Is there a late first Dman in his class we can trade him for?

toomuchsauce

Jan 7, 2015

Agree with you except for the bolded; he is slow.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
I'm not concerned quite yet about him. Lets see how things go over the next few months.

I'd like to see how he does with the rest of the season down there, botts willing.

But I can't say it's not concerning that he has been so limited on shots. You would think this is pretty embarassing for him, and that he would come out on fire. Both out of the natural jump guys have when they play with a new team and because he is dropping down a level of difficulty.

Quite honestly if he can't get to close to ppg in the ahl by the end of the year, its time to worry.

And we better never have someone post about how Botts is drafting and developing compared to evil murray. What a joke.

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011
He’s 20 years old playing on a brand new team he’s had 0 practice time with. Maybe don’t count him out after 3 games?

I don't think people are counting him out so much as they're tempering their expectations of what he can accomplish given that he was a player who was rushed into the NHL and now has to be sent down during the last year that he's waiver-eligible. He's also an RFA that needs to be re-signed this summer.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $8,851.00