Recalled/Assigned: Mittelstadt assigned to Rochester 12/15

MtlsabresFAN

Nov 17, 2018
This guy is Eichel lite He will be very good Let him flourish in the AHL He just needs to get stronger before we could see his full potential

flashsabre

Apr 5, 2003
Visit site
Looking at that Amerks lineup and then adding Mitts and a returning Tage in a few weeks, wow. They better have some playoff success this season.

Rochester has been doing a good job of developing players lately so let’s hope Mitts goes down with his head on straight and develops and dominates.

Hashbrown77

Apr 25, 2017
Happy with this....it was as clear as day hes not NHL ready all year. I lost count of the times i yelled at the TV when he would try to take a pass off his skates and end up turning the puck over. Im not tossing shade at Botts for keeping him up either......it just shows how shallow our depth at C is.

mechaworm

Nov 5, 2019
It would have been more exciting (and appropriate) if Asplund won the job over Mittlestadt coming out of training camp.
He absolutely deserved it.

I get the sense that Ralph is playing Botterill's game to the point of professional courtesy. And then he's gonna sit the losers. Feels good to believe somebody in the organization can assess talent.

Reactions: SabresSharks

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
This is the right move, but they have to keep him down there for an extended period. Like the rest of the season (save, maybe, a late-season recall for a few games when/if we get eliminated from playoff contention). We can't pull him back up if he scores 13 points in 10 games down in Rochester, because if he's still not good enough in the NHL then putting him back down in ROC will be worse for his confidence. He needs a solid 40-game stint down there to iron out the deficiencies in his pro game.

It's still amazing to me that Botts didn't take steps to ensure he got playoff experience with Rochester last season.

mechaworm

Nov 5, 2019
This is the right move, but they have to keep him down there for an extended period. Like the rest of the season (save, maybe, a late-season recall for a few games when/if we get eliminated from playoff contention). We can't pull him back up if he scores 13 points in 10 games down in Rochester, because if he's still not good enough in the NHL then putting him back down in ROC will be worse for his confidence. He needs a solid 40-game stint down there to iron out the deficiencies in his pro game.

It's still amazing to me that Botts didn't take steps to ensure he got playoff experience with Rochester last season.

Same thing with Tage. Guy gets sent down on Tuesday, scores two on Thursday, everybody says wow, what a development day he had on Wednesday!

Reactions: Ratatoskr

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
He absolutely deserved it.

I get the sense that Ralph is playing Botterill's game to the point of professional courtesy. And then he's gonna sit the losers. Feels good to believe somebody in the organization can assess talent.

Ya, I wonder if Krueger has earned more of a say in these matters? Kinda goes with the flow as he gets a feel for the team, gives a bit more input as more decisions need to be made, his decisions seem to be the ones that are working out, and now he can just be a bit more direct/honest/impactful in what the team should do.

Good decision, sucks it's a year and a half late but whatever, hopefully it salvages Mitts' development. I get having him start with the big club, but it shoulda been pretty evident at some point that he wasn't ready and wasn't improving. Only thing that has changed is Krueger, so my guess is he's the driving force behind this. Hope Casey lights it up and feels confident heading towards the end of this season/start of next.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad