Recalled/Assigned: Mittelstadt assigned to Rochester 12/15

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Not sure who they would call up but I can't see him being called up...I think he's going to have to earn it, and that could take a while

I would hope he is left to keep working on his game, getting to the level he was in that game (didn't see tonight's, only caught some Twitter updates while watching the Bandits getting curb stomped and part of the Leaf game) consistently and rounding out his repertoire of play away from the puck.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Not just -4, but only 1 point (a 2nd assist on the PP) in 5 games and the Amerks, previously one of the top 3 teams in the league, have 3 regulation losses in the 5 games he's played.

So, if you're keeping track, that's 4 regulation losses for the Amerks in 26 games pre-Mittelstadt, and 3 regulation losses in 5 games with him.
It takes a thoroughbred like Mittelstadt a few games to get used to the slower pace of the AHL.

Reactions: dang111

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
He’s been noticeably better last five periods. Would expect points to start coming shortly.

Hes had moments/games in the NHL where he completely dominated. I'd frankly be shocked if he didn't put it together in the AHL.

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
Hes had moments/games in the NHL where he completely dominated. I'd frankly be shocked if he didn't put it together in the AHL.

He has? :huh:
Seems quite the opposite. Hes never ever dominated at the NHL level. What's been surprising and disappointing is at the pro level hes never even flashed the talent and drive we saw at the U20. Not even in small amounts.

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
He has? :huh:
Seems quite the opposite. Hes never ever dominated at the NHL level. What's been surprising and disappointing is at the pro level hes never even flashed the talent and drive we saw at the U20. Not even in small amounts.

Almost all of his points came in a handful of games and there was one or two he didn't produce in that he led the team in all the fancy stats. (Around the time people were saying the line started clicking again when Sheary came back.)

Selanne00008

Jun 2, 2006
NYC - UES
I say he’s toast. Not even really worth trading unless someone wants to overpay (not saying much) and send us a quality RFA forward in return. Leave him in the AHL, see ya in August let’s see if anything has changed.

I will say the whole “doesn’t know his line mates yet, doesn’t know the coach and system, let’s get him nice and comfy for the AHL, give him a few weeks to settle in”. No, f that noise. Kid needs the gym.

member 311261

Looking at his profile pics on the AHL page, he is noticeably chunkier as an Amerk than as a Sabre. It definitely does not look like he's committing to a fitness regimen. I wonder when the Sabres pic was taken?
TheAHL.com | The American Hockey League

Also, that site says he was a minus 2 in his last game... He did not get better in his last 5 periods unfortunately.

Tatre

Jan 12, 2019
Looking at his profile pics on the AHL page, he is noticeably chunkier as an Amerk than as a Sabre. It definitely does not look like he's committing to a fitness regimen. I wonder when the Sabres pic was taken?
TheAHL.com | The American Hockey League

Also, that site says he was a minus 2 in his last game... He did not get better in his last 5 periods unfortunately.
The difference in pictures looks like lighting; he's probably fine in training.

Let him stay down a while longer. The upside right now is he's not getting called up for injuries.

Reactions: Chainshot

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4