Injury Report: Mitchell Marner ankle injury (will miss at least 4 weeks)

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
It might not work out really well, but I would die to see Willy, Papi and Marner on the same line. Damn, I like this more than pizza!!!

Has there ever been a softer line in hockey ?? Would be interesting to see if it works.

Personally I would start every game with Matthews-Tavares -Marner/Nylander. That should intimidate the opposition to start a game.

Reactions: Rogue Leader

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
It might not work out really well, but I would die to see Willy, Papi and Marner on the same line. Damn, I like this more than pizza!!!

earlier this season we had a Matthews goal assisted by Nylander and Marner. I'm not 100% sure but that oculd be the only ever goal with all 3 involved

Reactions: Rogue Leader

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Babcock has trained all of us that Mitch and Matthews can't be on the same line.

I say hogwash.

When Mitch is back I want to see

Willy Matthews Marner
Hyman Taveras Mekhayev

as our top 2 lines

First line is super finess. Willy with zone entry. Marner with the creative plays. Matthews with the killer scoring touch.

Second line is grittier. Hyman is scrappy and gets the puck and scores on the empty net. Soyp is big, tough, skilled and can control the puck. Johnny can battle for the puck and score goals

Can't lie, I'm curious about this as well.

With how well that Tavares line has looked, do we actually try creating a super line?

Decisions, decisions.

Reactions: saffronleaf

Rogue Leader

Oct 12, 2019
Corellia
Has there ever been a softer line in hockey ?? Would be interesting to see if it works.

Personally I would start every game with Matthews-Tavares -Marner/Nylander. That should intimidate the opposition to start a game.
Ohhh, totally forgot Tavares. Would love him shoved in there as well. Maybe a Matthews-Tavares-Marner line. :D

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
I’m assuming he’s out for the next week I’m sure there are levels of severity to high ankle sprains. But they often linger

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
sorry isn’t he a millionaire who’s dad. Bought a team? Some odds
Stuey is in real estate and property management. Yes a very wealthy guy who bought quite a few teams. I meant how hard Zach worked daily working on his skating and other skills. Not every kid can handle a 1 hour skating session daily at 4 pm North Toronto like that. But it is nice to have a mom take him daily to his individual skill sessions and team practices/games and a dad who funds the program. But even still many kids would have folded up with that grind. Hockey players can be manufactured but the work ethic needs to be there.

Nooodles

May 7, 2010
Geszteréd
Wow this was quick. I hope we are not rushing him.
Earliest we can take him off is wednesday...I think it's safe to say he's back against the Blues, maybe even the Avs.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
For what it's worth, Hyman is a kick ass left winger.

no doubt, happy with him there doesnt look as good on the right side currently either. But as pointed out Nylander spent a lot of time at LW on the marlies but babs never ever tried it

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Very interesting...

so he should, he has been terrible so far this season. OK terrible is a bit harsh but for what we usually get from him its pretty bad. Simple fluffing of puck handling and passes and just low iq plays which arent the norm for him. Let him fight for his place on PP1 again

shaner82

Apr 18, 2017
I’m assuming he’s out for the next week I’m sure there are levels of severity to high ankle sprains. But they often linger

Yep, had one myself many years ago. Every time I thought it was healed, I'd hurt it again. Went on for a year like that before it was truly healed. I know Mitch be more cautious than I was, but your point is bang on, these things linger and have a habit of reoccurring if you rush it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad