Mitch Marner's childhood home burns down

TheProspector

Oct 18, 2007
Orlando
Holy ****. From Sportsnet:

Marner, who celebrated his 19th birthday on Thursday, was met by his parents in the hallway outside of Knights dressing room following the win. Paul Marner received a call from a neighbour while driving to his son’s game. He was told by the Fire Marshal that firefighters were still fighting the blaze and he would not be allowed near the house until it was deemed safe.

No-one was in the house, and their pets were rescued and survived.

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
Brutal. On the bright side once he gets his callup Im sure he can help his parents replace what they lost. Just gotta keep in mind the rest of the people who lost their homes and arent as well off.

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
Must've left the stove on before they drove to his game? How does something like that even happen?

Last edited:

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
Oh man, that's awful and just extremely unfortunate. So many precious things gone. Glad that everyone - including the pets - are safe though.

Hope they recover quickly.

mallory67

Jul 2, 2015
North Carolina
They rule out foul play?

Hopefully Mitch does not have a stalker ... if I knew where he lived I certainly would stalk him for an autograph :)

The Beyonder

Jan 16, 2007
Luckily no one was hurt, all that really matters. Luckily he's a pro athlete and if he makes the team next year, he can get them a new one.

slozo

Aug 28, 2011
Newmarket, ON
Holy crap, scary blaze ... glad to hear at least no one was in that.

It's a big hit o your psyche to have that happen to you, I know from personal experience, my house burned down when I was 16. I know financially he'll obviously recover faster than my family did, but it's a horrible ordeal to go through.

Best of luck to him and especially his parents as they try to recover.

Pepsi

Mar 30, 2005
Didn't know Marner grew up in Maple/Vaughan. I always thought he was from Markham because that's what Wikipedia says.

The wikipedia doesn't mention this, but I know he lived in Whitby for at least few years, before he went to Hill Academy.

As for the fire, glad no one was hurt...sad and scary for the family.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad