Player Discussion Mitch Marner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
Watching marners reaction over throwing his gloves when he got yelled at shows you the maturity level of one of our leaders. This should be no shock why the leafs mentally can’t get it done. Last night was finally the point the frustration finally came out with each other.

Reactions: supermann_98

Punch Drunk Loov

Gaaaaary Roberts!
Dec 6, 2011
Watching marners reaction over throwing his gloves when he got yelled at shows you the maturity level of one of our leaders. This should be no shock why the leafs mentally can’t get it done. Last night was finally the point the frustration finally came out with each other.
Boston has us exactly where they want us

BraveCanadian

Jun 30, 2010
I've never been a bigger fan of Nylander than I am now. He spoke for the fanbase telling Marner off, that was absolutely awesome. Highlight of the series and worth tuning in for.

Would have been a lot better if he showed it on the ice. Nylander is the first one to pull the chute.

The whole bunch of them have been awful and Marner being the scapegoat will turn into a Larry Murphy situation if he is moved to a team with structure and leadership. Book it.

At this point they have no choice but to blow it up. These guys are all soured by their entitlement- thanks Dubas and Shanny and Marleau and Thornton.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Fire Shanny .. fire Keefer .. trade Mitch and JT asap this summer by whoever takes over team .. try to get us a no 1 G and D or at least some 1st round picks in 2024 draft .. da formula is pretty simple .. if they won't accept a trade send them to Marlies for season .. if they won't go to Marlies then let them sit at home

notbias

Feb 16, 2017

Ya, I am sure it is from getting yelled at and not because of how the game is going and series is going.

These players can't win with the fans, they don't care one year and are too emotional the next.

TMLegend

May 27, 2012
Somewhere
Would have been a lot better if he showed it on the ice. Nylander is the first one to pull the chute.

The whole bunch of them have been awful and Marner being the scapegoat will turn into a Larry Murphy situation if he is moved to a team with structure and leadership. Book it.

At this point they have no choice but to blow it up. These guys are all soured by their entitlement- thanks Dubas and Shanny and Marleau and Thornton.
More likely he ends up as a Johnny Gaudreau in my opinion. Just a guy who fades into obscurity after he's moved off this team.

There's absolutely nothing about Mitch that would make someone think he's a winner. His piss poor attitude and huge ego will prevent it.

Willy's the one I get winner vibes from if he were ever moved.

BraveCanadian

Jun 30, 2010
We are at our Redden and Chara moment.

Yeah but the Leafs will be the Ottawa in this situation - no doubt.

Willy's the one I get winner vibes from if he were ever moved.

Nylander would only win anything in a Kessel situation where he can do his thing when he feels like it and when he doesn't better players carry the load. Guy got paid and took most of the rest of the season off. The cognitive dissonance around Nylander here in Leafsville is astounding.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007

Many people on Twitter who were at the game are clearing it up. Nylander was yelling at Matthews. Marner was kind of in the middle, no idea why he threw his gloves lol. Was probably just pissed they were playing like shit. But more people are coming out saying it was Matthews and Nylander going at each other, Marner was just in between them two yelling.

Reactions: Apex Predator

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
I honestly cant see how he would want to stick around. The floodgates are about to open, and it will be open season on Mitch Marner all summer long.

He'll be on a lake in Muskoka not giving a shit.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

As much as people love to toss out the Larry Murphy situation, he was in over his head in Toronto. They wanted him to be the everything defender, which he was not. It was the best move for Murphy and the Leafs. We can debate the horrible return, but it was the correct move. Murphy was getting eaten alive in Toronto. Coach Murphy didn't do him any favors, by how he utilized him.

It very well would likely be similar to that move, but we've already had one of those, when 2 time Cup Champion Kessel was dumped. Which was a great move for Kessel. Better Leafs' drafting could have evened out that trade.

However, marner is unlikely to be traded unless he refuses to sign an extension and choses a destination he'd prefer.

Craig Button

The C is for Coward - Brad Marchand 2024
Jul 28, 2015
Leaf Nation Torontonistan
This reminds me of the 95-96 season when Gilmour was our captain and we won only 3 games in February. So we fired Pat Burns.

Still made the playoffs with 34 wins and 80 points but we sucked and Gilmour only had 1 goal. Then traded away next season.

JL17

Mar 12, 2009
London
FYI he has been on this train since draft day and is summarily mocked on the Sens board.

Also, Ottawa and Marner may be one of the worst possible fits. He'd be our 2nd most experienced player behind Giroux.... Marner needs to go somewhere that already knows how to win. Can those teams fit an $11m player without sending back a high priced player? Probably not
He needs to go somewhere that has a structure like a Boston. So where he doesn’t get his way all the time.

Kazparov

Jan 2, 2017
FYI he has been on this train since draft day and is summarily mocked on the Sens board.

Also, Ottawa and Marner may be one of the worst possible fits. He'd be our 2nd most experienced player behind Giroux.... Marner needs to go somewhere that already knows how to win. Can those teams fit an $11m player without sending back a high priced player? Probably not
Marner needs to go to a market that needs some flash in the regular season to sell tickets but has no expectations of playoff success

Reactions: 57 Years No Cup

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Tampa has been embarrassing their captain in public all season. He's been begging for an extension and they say they're not going to talk about it.

Turns out no one cares what you do, just whether they want to play or live in the city. Vegas is ruthless with zero loyalty yet everyone wants to sign there.
Tampa has a very different reputation to Toronto - let's not be silly and pretend otherwise just to formulate an argument that makes no sense

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Tampa has a very different reputation to Toronto - let's not be silly and pretend otherwise just to formulate an argument that makes no sense

They were getting players at discounts before they won anything.

The truth is most players don’t want to play in Canada (confirmed my multiple agents), and the top US cities get players whether they’re good or not.

Reactions: Menzinger

socko

Nov 26, 2013
Martinez, GA
Larry Murphy was one of the most unjust whipping boys I've ever seen. He wasn't bad at all for the Leafs. Yeah, he was slow, but he was always slow. Third on the team scoring and a minus 2 on a team where there was a bunch of double digit minus players. It was B.S.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Marner needs to go to a market that needs some flash in the regular season to sell tickets but has no expectations of playoff success
Sounds like he needs to stay put ;)

I'm just kidding. But I do think Marner can be an important player on a very good team. Leafs made the same mistakes that my Sens made under Dorion, though - failure to scaffold the young core with winners (plural!).

• Haha
Reactions: Kazparov
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad