Player Discussion Mitch Marner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Leafs should trade Marner for future assets. Leafs need to make this an attractive landing spot for McDavid.
I think Edmonton winning would make it inevitable that McDavid came to Toronto. He can leave Edmonton feeling he didn't let them down or have unfinished business...but I think the appeal of being the player who brought a cup home after all these years is just too incredible to pass up and I do think he will return regardless.

Reactions: arso40

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
I really think if Dubas stayed, one of Marner or Nylander would have been traded. But Treliving wasn't gonna be that guy literally a month before those guys NMC's kicked in.

He wouldn’t get the job if he was planning on moving anyone.

sittler rules!!!

Feb 9, 2004
Tampa has been embarrassing their captain in public all season. He's been begging for an extension and they say they're not going to talk about it.

Turns out no one cares what you do, just whether they want to play or live in the city. Vegas is ruthless with zero loyalty yet everyone wants to sign there.
because it is Vegas

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
Screenshot_20240427-170439_(1).png

Looks like Marner checked out a little earlier than normal this year.

I don't understand how anyone can defend this anymore. Every spring it's the same thing. The playoffs start and Marner turns into David Copperfield.

His disappearing act makes Penn & Teller look amateurs.

This shouldn't be acceptable anymore. It never should have been in the first place. If these guys can't get the job done when it matters most why are they getting paid so much money.

Why are they even on the team.

It wouldn't be so bad if they at least went down fighting. These guys go out with a whimper every year. I guess the novelty of playing in the NHL wears off after a while and it just becomes like any other job.

It's only hockey, right Mitch?

Reactions: 57 Years No Cup

TheGreatOne11

Jun 29, 2009
Toronto
He's been extremely frustrating to watch because he has all the tools to be his vintage magic Mitch self.

He needs to find another gear in the playoffs, if he doesn't produce some magic this series he has to be the odd man out next year.

Come on Mitch, give me some magic tonight.

Do_Something_meme_banner_imag.jpg

Reactions: sunstersun

The Shadow

Feb 9, 2013
So sick of seeing him play. Absolutely disappears far too often. Compare him to a gamer like Brayden Point. Smallish players but built completely different.

Let’s hope this is the end of him as a Leaf after this series

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
So sick of seeing him play. Absolutely disappears far too often. Compare him to a gamer like Brayden Point. Smallish players but built completely different.

Let’s hope this is the end of him as a Leaf after this series
Maybe if he put the work in the off-season like Mackinnon or Crosby...or most elite players? He doesn't need to play physical, he doesn't need to go to dirty areas of the ice, doesn't need to train hard in the offseason... gets paid top dollar, gets top endorsement deals...damn life is good. Just need the media to stop being mean.

dubey

$$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$ 69 in 79 $$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$
Oct 22, 2006
In your head
Every year it's the same thing

Every year more and more people notice it (why it's taken some this long is beyond comprehension though)

TMLegend

May 27, 2012
Somewhere
The city of Toronto is gonna become Chernobyl level toxic towards this kid after the Leafs season ends. I feel bad for him I do, but that's what the money is for.

Reactions: sunstersun
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad