Player Discussion Mitch Marner

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
This might be frustration talking but a package of futures for Marner might be good enough.

1st round pick from a bad team
B+ Prospect

Leafs retain him down to 8.5M to get an extra 2nd or something

So you have your return of good picks, plus cap to spend
He's worth more than that.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Thing is Marner may just be better in a low pressure market

Could easily see him go Kadri if they trade him

Which would be infuriating

He seems like prime Huberdeau who can pile on points somewhere out of the way and just never have to be worried about putting up playoff production.

I don’t really care what kind of success he has somewhere else, convinced it’s never going to happen here. First round of the playoffs isn’t even that high stakes and he’s crumbling like it’s Game 7 OT in the finals.

Just don’t really want him to be a foundation piece. Makes for a very flimsy franchise.

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
Best u might get back is Seth Jones out of Chicago
You know what's funny. Way back when, after the Columbus series, I was adamant that the Leafs had to make changes. Both Tavares and Marner imo where to be traded.

And my first proposal was Jones and a 1st for Marner.

Funny if it would happen all these years later.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
You know what's funny. Way back when, after the Columbus series, I was adamant that the Leafs had to make changes. Both Tavares and Marner imo where to be traded.

And my first proposal was Jones and a 1st for Marner.

Funny if it would happen all these years later.
Tre needs to show him the way to San Jose.

Reactions: All Mod Cons

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
Ya if he stays fine but you have to say you are at least ok trading him at this point depending on return of course.

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
A year on his contract, he's not going to a rebuilding team, and especially since he has to agree to the trade. He'll go to a strong contender if anything.

he will either go where the leafs can find the best return or he will sit in the press box for the year. either way he should not be on the ice in a leafs uniform again.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
I’m not a big Tavares guy but I thought he’s been fine. He’s in the battle.

Agreed.. JT has been playing hard and making plays. He's skating hard as well.

That goal doesn't happen if JT doesn't show some neutral zone poise and make a beautiful cross ie backhand feed to Edmunson to get the zone. Won't get an assist but that was a critical play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad