Speculation: Mitch Marner Mega Thread Part 4 (Warning in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
The first two didn't really need to , nylander was the first and never out performed anyone . Matthews was just given the best contract on the team to sign early , so now we have marner who has arguments for being the best on the team and that's how an agent would negotiate it

The first two didn't have Ferris involved or Paul Marner.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
The first two didn't have Ferris involved or Paul Marner.
At the same time they didn't have a case to make the same argument and in Matthews situation they just paid him so idk

Wasn't nylanders dad being given a lot of the blame for his holdout at the time as well ?

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Untrue, but you just love taking crazy positions against the Leafs, so not surprised.

Where's your cherry-picked graphs and charts this time? :laugh:

I’m kind of disappointed that you’re now resorting to playing the victim here. I thought you were above that.

barrity91

How the f*** is this cherry picked? Where are Tyson Barrie’s great underlying stats? Because these are absolutely horrible.

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
It’s not the best shut down defense, for sure. But I’m really intrigued to see if the leafs can win in transition and hope Anderson plays 60+ games while bailing them out.

Penalty killing shouldn’t be an issue in the regular season, I don’t see the leafs taking many penalties. But it’ll be huge in the playoffs.

I just can’t predict how these changes are going to pan out
Having a goalie play 60 games is a mistake. Back to Marner the amount of flip flopping by leaf fans is crazy. Bottom line is trading him for a haul would have been so much better then all these moves and 4 1sts. All the good UFA are signed, and most teams with good players aren't looking for draft picks in a trade. Who will they bring in to replace his production?

Marner4Life

Feb 12, 2019
NYI trade Dobson, Bellows and 1st to Tor for Marner. Then Toronto signs Ferland 4x4.5 and keeps 6 million n cap space!

Strangle

May 4, 2009
Having a goalie play 60 games is a mistake. Back to Marner the amount of flip flopping by leaf fans is crazy. Bottom line is trading him for a haul would have been so much better then all these moves and 4 1sts. All the good UFA are signed, and most teams with good players aren't looking for draft picks in a trade. Who will they bring in to replace his production?

I agree on the goalie thing. But Andersen had to play 60 last year because the leafs didn’t have a capable backup. Hopefully things are different this year.

As for the rest of your post, the leafs aren’t trying to trade him, they are trying to sign him.

They might trade him, but that was never going to happen before July 1st.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
Love the drama in this, but nobody is giving up 4 first rounders for the chance to overpay someone.

If you look at the last 4 first rounders of a non lottery team, its likely not that impressive. For example, the Blues last 4 first rounders are Dominik Bokk, Robert Thomas, Klim Kostin, and Tage Thompson. Some nice pieces there, but would anyone take those 4 over Marner? I get that it’s an overpayment but the cap will go up and Marner is a stud.

Reactions: uncleben

Strangle

May 4, 2009
If you look at the last 4 first rounders of a non lottery team, is likely not that impressive. For example, the Blues last 4 first rounders are Dominik Bokk, Robert Thomas, Klim Kostin, and Tage Thompson. Some nice pieces there, but would anyone take those 4 over Marner? I get that it’s an overpayment but the cap will go up and Marner is a stud.

I don’t think anyone considers that the leafs will actually pick with those picks

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
How do you turn down an offer sheet? Either you were issued one or you werent

Uh . He was issued it but chose not to accept it? Just because he got an offer sheet doesnt mean he needs to sign it? I'm confused what you dont get about this..

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
If you look at the last 4 first rounders of a non lottery team, is likely not that impressive. For example, the Blues last 4 first rounders are Dominik Bokk, Robert Thomas, Klim Kostin, and Tage Thompson. Some nice pieces there, but would anyone take those 4 over Marner? I get that it’s an overpayment but the cap will go up and Marner is a stud.

I mean if we're using unrelated past events to justify things one way or the other, we could also say that the 1st rounders could have been used to get 2x Trouba level D and still have 2 left over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad