Mississauga Steelheads 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Yes, it's great to finally see some discussion on this board! The new additions have all been excellent for the team and I really like the way they have been deploying their top 9 upfront. Now to see what happens with the D pairings when Moverare returns

Foget seems like a much better fit for 74, he can skate much better then the forwards they moved. They now have 3 lines with offense, and you can always reunite 9 and 91 in a pinch if behind. Those 2 aren't just brothers, they are fingers on the same hand.
Curious about the D pairings as well.

Wolf2406

Jan 15, 2018
Foget seems like a much better fit for 74, he can skate much better then the forwards they moved. They now have 3 lines with offense, and you can always reunite 9 and 91 in a pinch if behind. Those 2 aren't just brothers, they are fingers on the same hand.
Curious about the D pairings as well.
I agree tarantula, the Steelheads have intimidating speed up front as well as a good mix of puck hounds. They are becoming fun to watch

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Yes, good point about puck hounds, their play amongst the boards has been much better against two teams who loaded up.

Reactions: Wolf2406

Steel Fishbowl

Jan 22, 2018
I'm hoping to see the D pairings line up like this:

Hague - Wells
Moverare - O'Grady
Harley - Gibson

Extra: Walker - Hardy

Spreads out your top 2 and I don't see a reason to split up the Hague-Wells pairing while they have been playing well in the new year

Wolf2406

Jan 15, 2018
I'm hoping to see the D pairings line up like this:

Hague - Wells
Moverare - O'Grady
Harley - Gibson

Extra: Walker - Hardy

Spreads out your top 2 and I don't see a reason to split up the Hague-Wells pairing while they have been playing well in the new year
Is Moverare back in the line up? It certainly would be a good thing if he is. O’Grady has been a nice addition eh?

Steel Fishbowl

Jan 22, 2018
Is Moverare back in the line up? It certainly would be a good thing if he is. O’Grady has been a nice addition eh?

Not yet unfortunately, they need him back as Walker and Harley have both struggled when moved up in the lineup. O'Grady has been a solid addition and the much-needed right shot defenceman they have been lacking all season

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
I agree, Harley has had some tough moments as a rookie, his best is ahead of him. O'Grady has been a good addition, I'm impressed with how they added to key needs with what they had to deal.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Thanks, I catch that regularly, Ian Colpitts also has a new article at Mississauga.com. Not always easy to get coverage in this town.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Has anyone here used the buddy voucher for STH? My office is by the Hersh and I likely will be able to hit the Box Office on lunch, can I redeem it then or is it a gametime proposition only?

Steel Fishbowl

Jan 22, 2018
The Steelheads match up very well against the Petes so I'm hoping that this one will be another W. It makes sense that they would keep rolling with Vella, also considering that Ingham played last night in the top prospects game. But if they want to get Ingham back on track, wouldn't be a bad game to start him at home

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
That was what I was thinking, hopefully Ingham gets hot again. Was not able to see any of that game lastnight, not sure how he did.

MJFAN

Sep 17, 2015
Ingham Top Prospects Game

30 min played stopped 9 of 12 shots and his team won 7-4

Wolf2406

Jan 15, 2018
Young Ryan McLeod didn’t have any points last night unless I missed something but his speed was really evident. His first two steps when he excellerates are really fun to watch. He is going to be a good one.

Last edited:

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Whoa, what a finish,Ryan McLeod had that beauty rush to tie it and the OT winner. Not surprised that the Petes OT was called back due to a missed offfside, I normally don't whine about the zebras, but they were not sharp tonight. Liked how the lines got shuffled in the third.

Wolf2406

Jan 15, 2018
Whoa, what a finish,Ryan McLeod had that beauty rush to tie it and the OT winner. Not surprised that the Petes OT was called back due to a missed offfside, I normally don't whine about the zebras, but they were not sharp tonight. Liked how the lines got shuffled in the third.
I rest my case regarding Ryan McLeod. Great game.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
He has such ice presence, he wins alot of battles with the puck, usually through being better positioned and quick, his anticipation is as quick as his feet.

Wolf2406

Jan 15, 2018
He has such ice presence, he wins alot of battles with the puck, usually through being better positioned and quick, his anticipation is as quick as his feet.
Does anyone use the OHL live streaming app to watch games? If you do were you able to get the game live last night? I had to watch it after it was over but got no signal at all during the the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad