Mississauga Steelheads 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf2406

Jan 15, 2018
The only people posting on Missy's site are from other forums to congratulate them on this and that. Cue the crickets! LOL
It is too bad that there appears to be not much interest in the Trouts. They have the makings of a pretty good team that plays much better than their Record on paper would indicate.

Last edited:

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
They run hot and cold, particularly goal tending. Thought they just might beat the Soo again until the third period got rolling. Thought Inham looked a bit off from the start. Interestingly, 3 key players did not play any of the first period, wonder if a incident happened after the Sudbury road game.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Yes, they are looking much better, however goal tending has been inconsistent. When JI is on he is very good, but he gets beat up top cleanly too often. They could easily be much higher in the standings.

Wolf2406

Jan 15, 2018
Yes, they are looking much better, however goal tending has been inconsistent. When JI is on he is very good, but he gets beat up top cleanly too often. They could easily be much higher in the standings.
I agree absolutely. They have a couple of kids who don’t move the puck and try to do everything Lone Ranger style. I am sure it hasn’t been unnoticed by the coaching staff. (Too many turnovers and they need to address the terrible plus minus stats.) I plan to give it a bit more time before giving up on them. Lots of talent on the team- too much to fail making the playoffs IMO.

Last edited:

Wolf2406

Jan 15, 2018
I know, but a nice win tonight at least. See how they stack up against Kingston with their additions.
A nice win over a very good team for the trout.
They outworked Kingston and Mike McLeod’s line matched up really well with the Vilardi line and you could see the frustration. Hope they can continue to play with confidence and pride. They are fun to watch.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
They are playing much better, was a good weekend for them with both wins. Any info on Moverare, Varga? I know Varga has a injury, but that's all. 7-3 over the last ten, and they have drawn even for the playoffs. I think they can keep moving up the standings.

Reactions: Wolf2406

Wolf2406

Jan 15, 2018
They are playing much better, was a good weekend for them with both wins. Any info on Moverare, Varga? I know Varga has a injury, but that's all. 7-3 over the last ten, and they have drawn even for the playoffs. I think they can keep moving up the standings.
Four points next weekend would be nice to see.

Steel Fishbowl

Jan 22, 2018
The Trout have been on a roll in the new year, if the solid goaltending can continue I can see them as a dark horse come playoff time.

Varga is injured and I believe that Moverare must be banged up, he played in their win over Sudbury but hasn't played since

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
The Trout have been on a roll in the new year, if the solid goaltending can continue I can see them as a dark horse come playoff time.

Varga is injured and I believe that Moverare must be banged up, he played in their win over Sudbury but hasn't played since
Thanks, I did see a tweet from Varga about the comeback being bigger then the setback. I think he messed his ankle up, haven't heard anything since or anything about Moverare. Wonder how extensive those injuries are. They certainly could be a force in the playoffs, if their goaltending doesn't stub a toe, which it has from time to time. Vella looked great last two games, but he has been a back up all along, Ingham has great moments, but has the odd stretch where he seems to go cold.

Steel Fishbowl

Jan 22, 2018
I think they're gonna need Ingham to step up and take the reins if they have plans of making a run in the playoffs. Although they should roll with Vella for now while he's hot

Wolf2406

Jan 15, 2018
I think they're gonna need Ingham to step up and take the reins if they have plans of making a run in the playoffs. Although they should roll with Vella for now while he's hot
Great to see increasing interest in the Steelheads!
They have the capacity to be a threat in the playoffs again. They are fun to watch.

Reactions: Steel Fishbowl

Steel Fishbowl

Jan 22, 2018
Yes, it's great to finally see some discussion on this board! The new additions have all been excellent for the team and I really like the way they have been deploying their top 9 upfront. Now to see what happens with the D pairings when Moverare returns

Reactions: Tarantula

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Great to see increasing interest in the Steelheads!
They have the capacity to be a threat in the playoffs again. They are fun to watch.

Hopefully the attendance improves as well.

Ingham is going to be the main man going forward, 2nd round pick, Vella has never played that much throughout his career.

Steel Fishbowl

Jan 22, 2018
Attendance might pick up closer to playoffs but it's been down so far in the new year.

Ingham is definitely the man for the next 2 maybe 3 years and they need him to start stepping up his game soon

Steel Fishbowl

Jan 22, 2018
They're going to need to move up a spot or two to go deep into the playoffs, I can't see them getting past Hamilton but would have a chance against either Niagara or Barrie

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
I would hope they can climb up the standings, there is a few teams they could pass by, and should have already. That bad start to the season and losing streak in Dec hurt them badly. They still could repeat as East Champs, not saying they will, as a lot would have to work out, plus solid goal-tending and defense, which runs hot and cold at times. You never know with junior hockey.

SteelGirl

Jan 21, 2018
Hopefully the attendance improves as well.

Ingham is going to be the main man going forward, 2nd round pick, Vella has never played that much throughout his career.
Yes, too bad attendance is still a problem when it's one of the cheaper venues (you can get a ticket under $20 and no handling fee), free parking.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Yes, too bad attendance is still a problem when it's one of the cheaper venues (you can get a ticket under $20 and no handling fee), free parking.

It is one of the best arenas around as well. I have been to other places and sat in the same row that I do here, but usually you aren't as high up and further away. Hopefully they start getting more attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad