Mississauga Steelheads 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteelGirl

Jan 21, 2018
Whoa, what a finish,Ryan McLeod had that beauty rush to tie it and the OT winner. Not surprised that the Petes OT was called back due to a missed offfside, I normally don't whine about the zebras, but they were not sharp tonight. Liked how the lines got shuffled in the third.

SteelGirl

Jan 21, 2018
Ryan had two goals, an assist and was named the game's first star.

Hopefully the Steelheads can get two more points against Sudbury on Sunday. They sit one point behind Ottawa and 7th place.

Still no Moverare.

Reactions: Tarantula

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
I have used the stream service on my laptop and mobile as well. My laptop is choppy but never had a issue otherwise. That had to be disappointing!
I bet a few people were surprised to hear the score as many left before the Pete's goal was called back.

Reactions: Wolf2406

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Hoping we see Moverare soon, any info out there on his return? Thinking we see the return of Ingham tomorrow as it is a home game and easier opposition for him to build up some steam. I haven't checked but I would blind bet Vella has never started 4 games in a row either. R McLeod has been hot, and with his skating and sense he can stay that way.

Wolf2406

Jan 15, 2018
Hoping we see Moverare soon, any info out there on his return? Thinking we see the return of Ingham tomorrow as it is a home game and easier opposition for him to build up some steam. I haven't checked but I would blind bet Vella has never started 4 games in a row either. R McLeod has been hot, and with his skating and sense he can stay that way.
It looks like it is going to be a nice day to go to a Sunday afternoon hockey game. Go Touts.

OSA

Jun 11, 2011
I think this Steelheads team is definitely a contender to be the East Champion again. I think there might be some watery eyes in Hamilton, Barrie or Kingston should they get the Trout early on in the playoffs.

three dog night

May 3, 2014
I think this Steelheads team is definitely a contender to be the East Champion again. I think there might be some watery eyes in Hamilton, Barrie or Kingston should they get the Trout early on in the playoffs.
Goaltending still week playoffs a different game but good luck.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
OHL live is not available for Sudbury and Missy today, I believe Rogers can be thanked for closing their Mississauga operations about 10 months ago.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Another win, another big weekend for the Trout. Nice to see T Fox have a big game and a win for Ingham. Big weekend ahead, 3 in 3, with the 3rd in Hamilton ahead.

Wolf2406

Jan 15, 2018
Yes, it has been up and down at times, particularly Ingham. Hopefully he gets hot again. The East should have a interesting bracket.
They sure turn the puck over a lot. Too many opportunities lost by terrible entry decisions.
They have speed to burn and they certainly are capable of surprising people again. The two new kids certainly have helped with the team depth.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
The turnovers are frustrating and you are right about entering the offensive zone. The skill is there amongst them but some anticipation needs to develop. I think that's why JR was changing up some line combos. They put themselves off side more then any team I've seen, but they are looking better the last two weeks moving the puck.

Steel Fishbowl

Jan 22, 2018
For those who are unaware it was announced that Moverare is out long-term (most of February) with a knee injury he suffered in the WJC. Too bad but the team seems to be playing well in the meantime and it gives some of the younger guys some more ice time.

And I think they'll improve their zone entries with time, most of the lines have been together for less than a month so I think they'll have things sorted out come playoff time

SteelGirl

Jan 21, 2018
It looks like it is going to be a nice day to go to a Sunday afternoon hockey game. Go Touts.
It was a sea of pink at the Hershey Centre yesterday for the annual Pink At The Rink game. Decent crowd - over 3000 - and a good buzz in the air! Steelheads needed the win and they got the job done. Congrats to Trent Fox – good game for him. Jacob Ingham also played well, stopping 26 of 27 shots.
Tough series coming up but they have the talent to win all 3 games – they just need to wrap their heads around it. Still sitting in 8th place, one point back of Ottawa.

Wolf2406

Jan 15, 2018
It was a sea of pink at the Hershey Centre yesterday for the annual Pink At The Rink game. Decent crowd - over 3000 - and a good buzz in the air! Steelheads needed the win and they got the job done. Congrats to Trent Fox – good game for him. Jacob Ingham also played well, stopping 26 of 27 shots.
Tough series coming up but they have the talent to win all 3 games – they just need to wrap their heads around it. Still sitting in 8th place, one point back of Ottawa.
There is nothing like winning to bring people to the rink. They have a very talented team that is exciting to watch. They sure have a lot of kids with good wheels. It was fun being at the game on Sunday- lots of families with kids.

the dog

May 16, 2014
Only Cornwall and Buffalo are realistic options for the OHL for relocation. And considering we haven't heard anything new on the lease for the Steelheads, relocation is looking more a possibility...
also Branford

Wolf2406

Jan 15, 2018
Only Cornwall and Buffalo are realistic options for the OHL for relocation. And considering we haven't heard anything new on the lease for the Steelheads, relocation is looking more a possibility...
It would be a shame to see the Steelheads leave.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
It would be a shame to see the Steelheads leave.
Elliot Kerr did a interview on PTS back just before the season started. He felt he would have a lease here in Missy signed. My feeling is he will sign a short lease and see if things improve. I would be more worried 4 yrs or so.

Steel Fishbowl

Jan 22, 2018
I definitely think they'll be here for at least a few more years but we'll see how things are following the McLeod era

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad