Misc. NHL Talk 2017/18 Regular Season: Chapter 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyerFaithful17

Feb 24, 2015
It wasn't the reason we lost last night though.
Correct. I'm not a typical let's blame the goalies ala the Philly beats. I have been unfortunately underwhelmed, especially by Elliott thus far however. I thought he would do a solid job for us. So far I am being proven wrong.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
The Devils are 9-2 with a healthy defense as bad as the one we dressed last night.
you're wrong
I know this was hyperbolic but still wrong
that D is not great but we're a MASH unit right now

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
KHL, St. Petersburg suffered a first regular time loss this season. After 30 games. I like parity a tiny little bit better

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
you're wrong
I know this was hyperbolic but still wrong
that D is not great but we're a MASH unit right now

That D in NJ is brutal. My best friend is a Devils fan and he will tell you the same thing. I've watched a few games with him already. Their best defense is their offense. They have been attacking early and often and keeping pressure off their D.

Butcher has been a surprise but Seversons been a dissapointment and the rest are just meh.

That being said, yeah having Alt and Manning in the lineup last night probably did make our D even worse than theirs lol.

FlyerFaithful17

Feb 24, 2015
Elliott was actually pretty good last night. He was also good in Toronto.

Toronto - .933 Spctg
Arizona - .892 Spctg
Chicago - .941 Spctg

His even strength Spctg is at .916 at the moment; so right around league average. He's been awful on the PK though. Out of the 28 goals he has allowed, 8 have been on the PK and 1 on the PP.

https://www.hockey-reference.com/players/e/elliobr01.html#all_stats_basic_plus_nhl
I feel he hasn't been timely in his saves, largely. He was very good in Toronto, I thought.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Devils have a good record, but easy schedule as I pointed out earlier. Plus they have only played 11 games. They should decline by the end.

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
Cant believe we lost to Arizona at home no less. That team will be in the running for worst of the last decade plus if this pace keeps up

FatTugboatFlahr

Apr 6, 2012
Philadelphia
Elliott was actually pretty good last night. He was also good in Toronto.

Toronto - .933 Spctg
Arizona - .892 Spctg
Chicago - .941 Spctg

His even strength Spctg is at .916 at the moment; so right around league average. He's been awful on the PK though. Out of the 28 goals he has allowed, 8 have been on the PK and 1 on the PP.

https://www.hockey-reference.com/players/e/elliobr01.html#all_stats_basic_plus_nhl

Brian Elliott needs to not get f***ing goal lined every single game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad