Status
Not open for further replies.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Oh I totally get it.

Our Russian prospects not being allowed at the WJC = not okay to talk about.

Talking about that one cop (won’t say his name) who was convicted to 20+ years in prison and George Floyd = totally “within the narrowly defined scope of hockey related matters.”

Totally makes sense. 100%.
Again, that Russian talk went into general discussion of the War, not just discussion of him not playing in the WJC.

Just like this discussion is about the Wild being tone def and having to pull a promotion.

Keep it to the hockey side and it's fine.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Thin blue line?
The police flag.

AdobeStock_268758608-1170x658.jpg

Reactions: Digitalbooya

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Thin blue line?
Here’s every line:
1660598239479.jpeg

These flags mean a lot to those people with friends and family in each of these areas. Me personally, I’ve got family in EMS, Nurse, and several veterans ranging from WWII (passed away not too many years ago) to Korea to Vietnam to Iraq/Afghanistan. I’ve got friends who are firefighters and one currently training to be a police officer.

Last edited:

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Here’s every line:
View attachment 577178

These flags mean a lot to those people with friends and family in each of these areas. Me personally, I’ve got family in EMS, Nurse, and several veterans ranging from WWII (passed away not too many years ago) to Korea to Vietnam to Iraq/Afghanistan. I’ve got friends who are firefighters and one currently training to be a police officer.
Honestly, never seen any of these flags before - except for the police one.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Nice article about Rossi by Russo in the Athletic. Sheds some more light on his background.
I'm quietly hoping he turns into a legit top 6 player this year, like Boldy did last. I've been pretty vocal about his flaws, but the guy has skill, and a brain...he and Boldy play very well together.

GordieGallant

Oct 6, 2020
East Metro, soon to be Up North.
Well the Wild are off to a great start of the season with their tone deaf Thin Blue Line shirt. Wonder how Dumba thinks about that?
Every one should support the police. The fact that is not cool, politically correct, or any other stupid effing train of thought is laughable to me.

Last edited:

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Every one should support the police. The fact that is not cool, politically correct, or any other stupid effing train of thought is laughable to me.
While I find the police a necessary part of society, and respect the hell out of someone that can do that high stress of a job day in and day out, I can also understand why some people have a very negative view of them. They're often viewed as a means to physically enforce inequity, and with the history our judicial system has, it's sadly a valid viewpoint.

I didn't really care about the shirts, but with the recent history of police in this state, it wasn't exactly a smart PR move. I'm surprised it got as far as it did.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
What do you have as a realistic projection for him?
- I think he is realistically a 50-60 point, two-way center, defensively responsible, but not Selke consideration level.
- I think his upside is 80 points and a strong defensive game. Basically, I view his ceiling as being near Jonathan Toews.
... which of course makes him a top-100 player of all time. :sarcasm:

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
What do you have as a realistic projection for him?
I'm hoping to see the 50-60pt range as soon as this season. Playing next to Boldy is such a boon for him to start out. They've got proven chemistry, having played together in Iowa. They are both very smart and skilled players. Boldy should only get better this season as well, so can really help Rossi start out.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
It all depends if he is playing with Boldy regularly, and if he gets PP TOI. Also if he is getting 15, vs 10 minutes per night.

I could see him being beat out by a hungry, older, Chaffee or Shaw, and not being up till Christmas, or thereabouts.

Reactions: Dickie Dunn

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
I would consider that a massive disappointment since this is pretty much his spot for the taking right now.
Yeah, it would be disappointing from the point of view that you want your best prospect to become your best player. But if he plays well and still gets beat out? I'd take that, because it means huge progression from one of the other two.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Yeah, it would be disappointing from the point of view that you want your best prospect to become your best player. But if he plays well and still gets beat out? I'd take that, because it means huge progression from one of the other two.
If he plays well... the others won't be beating him out.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I would consider that a massive disappointment since this is pretty much his spot for the taking right now.
Well, the spot that is really open is 3rd line W, preferably RH. Chaffee is a RH wing who is 25 yo with size and some skill. I can see Guerin wanting to give him one more chance before deciding to go with Rossi.

Main thing is that the whoever makes the team should do it in camp- Shaw and Chaffee, maybe even Swaney, are a good deal older and likely all too aware that the clock is ticking on them having a NHL career. I can see them coming in and giving their all. If Rossi doesn't, or just isn't quite ready, then you have to let the best man win.

Beckman would be a dark horse for the spot.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Well, the spot that is really open is 3rd line W, preferably RH. Chaffee is a RH wing who is 25 yo with size and some skill. I can see Guerin wanting to give him one more chance before deciding to go with Rossi.

Main thing is that the whoever makes the team should do it in camp- Shaw and Chaffee, maybe even Swaney, are a good deal older and likely all too aware that the clock is ticking on them having a NHL career. I can see them coming in and giving their all. If Rossi doesn't, or just isn't quite ready, then you have to let the best man win.

Beckman would be a dark horse for the spot.
I don't think wing is the given... Fiala played the wing, sure... but if Rossi takes it at center, they move Freddy to wing.
Also, 3rd line maybe, but this is a scoring line, not a traditional bottom 6 role.

Unless you really think Fiala/Boldy were 3rd liners last season.

Reactions: Dr Jan Itor
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad