Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011

It's happening!

rl0FOxdz7CcxO.gif

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Yes that's what Dubnyk needs.

Can't tell if sarcasm or not...I'm not surprised, I kind of thought they might do this. I think in the end it's a good thing...throw him in against Colorado at home Sunday or something like that.

Edit: Wrong already...apparently he's starting tomorrow!

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
Can't tell if sarcasm or not...I'm not surprised, I kind of thought they might do this. I think in the end it's a good thing...throw him in against Colorado at home Sunday or something like that.

Edit: Wrong already...apparently he's starting tomorrow!

Not at all Dubnyk needs rest.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Agree. Will probably start him in Nashville though, since it's a possible 1st round opponent. Could be huge for confidence, or could hurt badly. Tough place to play.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Stalock will start tomorrow. Dubnyk backing up. Kuemper scratched.

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
I'll admit to not having watched a single IA Wild game in my life ... but do we really think that Stalock is going to play any better than Kuemper? Or is this just giving it a shot to see how we play in front of him (because we don't play that will in front of K)?

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Really can't be any worse than Kuemper and I wouldn't mind giving him an early audition to be the backup for next season.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Well this will be interesting. Stalock is poor positionally, imho and is a complete reactionary goalie. He'll either be on fire or be a sieve.

NonsenseElimination

Jan 1, 2016
I have no doubt that Stalock is a much better goalie than Kuemper and once thought he would be a starter in this league. Very much of a Jonathan Quick style goalie (very exciting). He's not a Dubynk type goalie who, because of his size, just plays well positionally and 90% of the pucks hit him. He's more of a Marty Brodeur/Jonathan Quick style and is very aggressive.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Deets:

Stalock, 29 (7/28/87), is 20-16-7 with a 2.31 goals-against average (GAA), a .924 save percentage (SV%) and four shutouts in 45 games with Iowa in the American Hockey League (AHL) this season. He ranks T-4th in the AHL in shutouts, fifth in minutes played, T-7th in SV%, 11th in wins and 12th in GAA. The 6-foot, 187-pound native of Saint Paul, Minn., appeared in 13 games with the San Jose Sharks last season going 3-5-2 with a 2.94 GAA and a .884 SV%. Stalock is 24-19-7 with a 2.37 GAA, a .911 SV% and four shutouts in 62 career NHL games during parts of five seasons with San Jose (2010-16) and 0-1 with a 2.05 GAA and a .929 SV% in three Stanley Cup Playoff contests.

He was originally drafted by San Jose in the fourth round (112th overall) of the 2005 NHL Entry Draft and was signed as a free agent by Minnesota on July 1, 2016. Stalock will wear sweater No. 32 with the Wild.

Following in Backstrom's footsteps with #32.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Thank God. Like I said, it'd be smart to give Dubnyk a bit of a mental break. Losing game after game takes it's toll, and it's good to reset. I'm glad we're finally giving Stalock a shot. Not that he's so good that he'll be the solution or anything, but we probably should have done this much sooner.

NonsenseElimination

Jan 1, 2016
Thank God. Like I said, it'd be smart to give Dubnyk a bit of a mental break. Losing game after game takes it's toll, and it's good to reset. I'm glad we're finally giving Stalock a shot. Not that he's so good that he'll be the solution or anything, but we probably should have done this much sooner.

Hey we said the same thing when we signed Dubnyk. He wasn't considered any better than Stalock is now and look what happened :sarcasm:

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
John Curry played some nice game(s?) few years ago, Stalock may too.

It's not about how good Stalick is/isn't. Whatever is needed to rest Dub and light some fire in team defense. Something new, something fresh.

Just can't continue with DK anymore. Best case scenario: Duuubz gets some rest and team starts to work harder. Worst case scenario: Duuubz gets some rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad