Post-Game Talk: Minnesota 6, Vancouver 3: Hat-trick for Granlund. Their Granlund.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
Exactly, and with a schedule from hell coming up. I'm not worried in the slightest about our draft pick. It's going to be another high one. We just need this useless management to get it right.

*Insert celebratory fireworks gif after this single digit IQ management is put to pasture.*

I'm happy when we win, although it's the old Minny Wild boring defensive win, but we need Trev and Jim gone.

Super happy to see Hansen back though!

He had a great opening half, until his legs caught up with him.

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
Seeing those tributes gives me happy flashbacks of exciting hockey. Be nice to get some franchise talents soon so we can have that feeling again. This organization has just gradually got more depressing since the president trophy days .

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I had a dream last night were we won this game, and our Granlund got a hat trick, and we proceeded to trade Hutton and Baertschi after the game for James Neal.

It was oddly specific.

Wow... freaky... you had a Granlund hat trick dream, but you got the wrong Granlund!

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
Funny, I was just thinking about this during the game. At this point in their careers, they look so useless playing together, both at even strength and on the PP. What they can still do very well, though, is pass. Stick one of them on each of the top two lines to stir the drink.

D. Sedin - Horvat - Eriksson
Baertschi - H. Sedin - Hansen

Seriously worth a look!

Is there a clause in their contract that they have to play together? Of course, no.

Just like an old married couple; they are stale, and have lost new and exciting thoughts.

Time to inject some youth.

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
Funny, I was just thinking about this during the game. At this point in their careers, they look so useless playing together, both at even strength and on the PP. What they can still do very well, though, is pass. Stick one of them on each of the top two lines to stir the drink.

D. Sedin - Horvat - Eriksson
Baertschi - H. Sedin - Hansen

Just thought of something else:

Hansen is the odd man out in expansion draft though. Love him. Trade him. Boeser will take his spot.

Yet, this leaves Benning in charge of a trade....

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
God bless that fourth line for the Canucks....they try hard.....but is there a more unskilled forward in the NHL than Chaput?....can't take a six foot pass; can't even stay on his feet....Gaunce looks like he might go goal-less for the entire season....surely one has to go in off his rump sooner or later.

But the most sobering thing about this game, is that if by some miracle the Canucks actually finished in a wildcard game, they'd face either the Sharks or the Wild....they'd be golfing after four games anyway, and would just sacrifice a decent draft position.

Cancuks

Former Exalted Ruler
Jan 13, 2014
At the EI office
67593581.jpg

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
Went to the game --

Pros: Horvat scores every time I wear his Knights jersey. Also the Hank tribute was really nice.

Cons: everything else. Team isn't well built but my god is the coaching making it worse. Seeing the 4th line getting so many o zone starts gives me cancer. Ditto Larsen.

Ryp37

Nov 6, 2011
That play where Sbisa lost the board battle, Sutter flipped it up the boards past an oblivious Granlund right to their D basically sums this team up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad