Confirmed Signing with Link: [MIN] Kirill Kaprizov re-signs with the Wild (5 years, $9M AAV)

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Must be very frustrating as a Wild fan ( Sens and Canucks as well right now) waiting on one (or two - Canucks) of your star players to sign or potentially missing camp.
Glad to hear he is hopefully close to signing. It’s good for the NHL and good for the Wild to have an exciting player like him playing .
I’m not sure what I’d think as a fan if one of my teams players held out. For example, if Jack Hughes does the same thing when his current contract is up , it would be hard to separate your feelings. You’d be pissed that it seems like the player might not want to play for your team and just wants $$. On the other hand , it’s still a business and the player is just trying to do the best he can financially.
It’s not like tons of players say “ I don’t care about extra money , I just want to play for my team”
I guess Bozak recently didn’t that this off-season but his situation was pretty different ( near the end of his career and not a “must have” player critical for the teams success )

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
i'm all for a short, really minimal contract now. easier to trade for good value if this negotiation truly soured the relationship. If it's just business is business and there's no animosity then go ahead and give him $8m :)

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
no more googly eyes just post facts goddammit
this is nothing to play around with. srs business.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad