Confirmed Signing with Link: [MIN] Chris Stewart (2 years, $1.15M AAV)

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
I can't understand this move.

I guess this kills a potential deal with Edmonton for one of your defenceman though.

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
As someone already said, a player you can expose in the expansion draft to meet the stupid requirements. Brings toughness to a small and not so aggressive team. Good deal.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Ok for 4th line. Very tough, will fight anyone for a teammate. Face got broken by a punch last season.

Definitely lacks consistency with offensive production.

Rebuilt

Jun 8, 2014
Tampa
The price is right but in my opinion this guy is done. Same with signing Eric Staal. Minny needs to start UNLOADING this crap, not take MORE.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
The price is right but in my opinion this guy is done. Same with signing Eric Staal. Minny needs to start UNLOADING this crap, not take MORE.

yeah we're doomed, at 2 and 3 year contracts. This gives us time for Tuch and Ek to get up to speed, and Greenway...i think he might be a surprise.

Goose312

May 15, 2015

He is done, which is why he's on a 1.1m AAV contract. He'll play a physical 4th line role with the occasional scoring touch, maybe getting a bit of 3rd line time as injuries occur. It's not like small 2-3 year deals are going to break the team.

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
yeah we're doomed, at 2 and 3 year contracts. This gives us time for Tuch and Ek to get up to speed, and Greenway...i think he might be a surprise.

We signed two players to less than $5M/year combined!!! NOBODY FREAK OUT

keep-our-composure-o.gif

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I think the Wild played the game right today. Adding some minor pieces to tweak the roster and see what they really have under the new coaching staff before they go ballistic trying to make deals that may set them back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad