Rumor: Miller for Hemsky + Prospects is circulating again.

Jamie Walker

May 2, 2004
Hamilton, Ont.
lol, blaming the media :help:

what, you don't think the media lies, or manipulates stories for better sales? the whole incident (i believe) your talking about started with a reporter, asking Miller questions about Kaleta. The reporter left out certain words to "make a better story"

It's pretty easy to aggitate people, if you want proof, just read through some of these forums. :)

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011
lol, blaming the media :help:

LOLWUT?

Any objective observer of the Buffalo sports media would acknowledge that Miller gets baited, poked, and prodded because they realized early on they can get him to react to get their soundbites.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
LOLWUT?

Any objective observer of the Buffalo sports media would acknowledge that Miller gets baited, poked, and prodded because they realized early on they can get him to react to get their soundbites.

The fact that he reacts at all is a problem, the way he reacts lacks maturity.

barnell

butter knife hockey
Mar 28, 2010
Rochester, NY

Exactly. If you want a foil look at Derek Jeter. The NYC Media is much worse than Buffalo, and you will never see him get baited into a fiery exchange with a reporter.

FearTheBeard

Mar 27, 2011

meh, i just see it as him being passionate. He holds people accountable, and speaks his mind, and he usually isn't wrong.

Exactly. If you want a foil look at Derek Jeter. The NYC Media is much worse than Buffalo, and you will never see him get baited into a fiery exchange with a reporter.

In 2010 he wasn't happy with how his contract negotiations were going and lashed out in a press conference. If Miller did that everyone would call him arrogant

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011

I wouldn't agree. I consider you a mature person, and you tend to pop off here when people question you repeatedly on a subject.

I don't consider it immature at all that someone who gets badgered by downright dumb questions daily as a career hazard pops off once in a while.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
I wouldn't agree. I consider you a mature person, and you tend to pop off here when people question you repeatedly on a subject.

I don't consider it immature at all that someone who gets badgered by downright dumb questions daily as a career hazard pops off once in a while.

Are you saying a 6 million dollar franchise goaltender should be held to the same maturity standards as someone posting on an internet forum?

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
How relevant is "maturity" whatever that actually means in this context, when we're talking about grown adults who literally play a game for a living.

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011
Are you saying a 6 million dollar franchise goaltender should be held to the same maturity standards as someone posting on an internet forum?

Why should he be held to a different standard? He's just a hockey player.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
The return for Miller should be a young roster player+ good B level prospect/early 2nd/late 1st draft pick.

Not a declining fragile winger who will take a roster spot and playing time away from one of our young players and likely produce about the same.

JThorne

Stop accepting failure
Jul 21, 2006
Downtown Buffalo
The double standard is allowable(in my eyes) since they get paid WAY over anything a normal person does for a job they supposedly love. Hell, even 10% of what most hockey players is still extreme in the grand scheme of things.

*pines for the old days*

BowieSabresFan

Nov 18, 2010
yea... totally.... all environments are the same, and therefore all behavior and actions within those environments can and should be treated equally :rolleyes:

are you guys serious?

At my job, I get held to pretty much the same standard and I get paid a lot less than a professional athlete. Heck, I'd say I get held to a higher standard than a professional athlete because of the potential consequences from an immature action on my part. Maturity isn't a reflection of one's paycheck, as much as some folk would like to make it such. Maturity is maturity, regardless of the situation.

To me, this debate about maturity is pretty much a reflection of the Miller discussion as a whole. Most of those that don't like Miller will find him lacking maturity. Those that do, won't make a big deal of the issue. Personally, I wish he had shown the wisdom not to take the bait on the Kaleta issue, but he "was" baited.

Also, using the "rolling eyes" face whenever someone disagrees with you as you are prone to do, is considered by many to be rather immature.:D

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011
I love how Miller is considered immature for responding to a dumb question in a way someone thinks he should not, but the media members who ASK the dumb questions get off scott free.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
At my job, I get held to pretty much the same standard and I get paid a lot less than a professional athlete. Heck, I'd say I get held to a higher standard than a professional athlete because of the potential consequences from an immature action on my part. Maturity isn't a reflection of one's paycheck, as much as some folk would like to make it such. Maturity is maturity, regardless of the situation.

To me, this debate about maturity is pretty much a reflection of the Miller discussion as a whole. Most of those that don't like Miller will find him lacking maturity. Those that do, won't make a big deal of the issue. Personally, I wish he had shown the wisdom not to take the bait on the Kaleta issue, but he "was" baited.

Also, using the "rolling eyes" face whenever someone disagrees with you as you are prone to do, is considered by many to be rather immature.:D

and the consequences of my "rolleyes:?

different environments...

At least you acknowledge that he should've "shown more wisdom" (aka a bit more maturity)...
If I'm baited on this forum, the impact is negligible... If an athlete is baited, it could impact a lockerroom...

different environments... different standards...

BowieSabresFan

Nov 18, 2010
and the consequences of my "rolleyes:?

different environments...

At least you acknowledge that he should've "shown more wisdom" (aka a bit more maturity)...
If I'm baited on this forum, the impact is negligible... If an athlete is baited, it could impact a lockerroom...

different environments... different standards...

Maturity is maturity, wherever one is, and whatever one does. Rationalizing things does not change that.

Enough of that from me in this thread though.

Buffalo Warlord

Jul 12, 2013
I think Edmonton is a awful trading partner for Miller unless Oscar Klefbom is included.. Hemskybis a salary dump and Edmonton won't part with a 1st pick.

Likely be

Miller for Hemsky / C prospect, multiple 2nds IMO

kenfury

Feb 5, 2011
As I said in the other thread in the trades section.

Miller (perhaps sign and/or trade with cap relief)
Ennis
McNabb/McCabe/Pysyk (yes I know they have different value)
2014 Pick (depending on who comes from EDM)

Hemsky
Hall/Gagne/Eberle (yes I know they have different value)
LaBarbera

I was thinking they might make a deal for a young winger one tier down from what they have but at a better cap hit long term (Ennis) and a young 3/4 D who might become a top pairing as well as a goalie who comes with cap relief. Miller is not the center of the deal but a cog in this case.

Hemsky has little to no value but would have to come back for salary reasons, same with one year of LaBarbera but for G depth until Hackett is ready.

It solves some problems for both teams. Buffalo gets a top line forward which allows them the flexibility to move Vanek if need be to continue the youth movement. The Oil shore up goalie for a few years, pick up a D-man to fill in their pipeline and still get a good 2nd line winger in Ennis.

I honestly think there is something here for both teams.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
As I said in the other thread in the trades section.

Miller (perhaps sign and/or trade with cap relief)
Ennis
McNabb/McCabe/Pysyk (yes I know they have different value)
2014 Pick (depending on who comes from EDM)

Hemsky
Hall/Gagne/Eberle (yes I know they have different value)
LaBarbera

I would do:

Miller, Ennis, Stafford for Hemsky, Eberle

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad