Rumor: Miller for Hemsky + Prospects is circulating again.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
According to Rotoworld and Hockeybuzz

Ryan Miller: Trade rumbling: Ryan Miller for Ales Hemsky

Buffalo goaltender Ryan Miller has been asked or will soon be asked to accept a trade, according to hockeybuzz.com.
The site also suggests the possibility of playing for the Oilers will come up for Miller, and that Ales Hemsky and prospects would be traded to the Sabres from Edmonton in exchange for the talented and outspoken goalie. "At first glance Edmonton would be an odd place for Miller to go, but do understand Miller wants a shot to show his worth this year both to prove the Sabres wrong and to win the USA Olympic starting or backup spot," the site says. "Currently Jonathan Quick is penciled in as #1 with Miller and (Detroit's Jimmy) Howard fighting it out for 2/3. Miller's experience and performance in Vancouver three years ago is reason to believe he still has a shot at the top spot as well... Making this possibility even more intriguing..Hemsky, according to sources familiar, does believe he is getting traded and is being told the decision is up to "the player he is being traded for.." Aug. 3 - 2:06 pm et

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
Who are the prospects? It's obviously nonsensical for Hemsky to be the main piece. He's a salary dump. The prospects would be the crux of the deal.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Why do you say that? because Miller will reject it? Edmonton has a lot of talent, they just need the right goalie. They won't be basement forever with their multiple high end drafts classes. As well he would be an instant star there.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Why do you say that? because Miller will reject it? Edmonton has a lot of talent, they just need the right goalie. They won't be basement forever with their multiple high end drafts classes. As well he would be an instant star there.

I think the availability of the prospects would be the sticking point. Forget about Miller - I think he would waive to go anywhere at this point.

However, thinking more into it.... We need scoring wingers.... I could see us taking Hemsky as a dump if we got a couple prospects. I just don't think it happens with Edmonton. Nor do I want to add roster bodies for this year

Asher

Jun 23, 2007
"At first glance Edmonton would be an odd place for Miller to go, but do understand Miller wants a shot to show his worth this year both to prove the Sabres wrong and to win the USA Olympic starting or backup spot," the site says.

The eklund "style," where he writes as if he's either spoken to the player directly or has some sort of psychic connection with him. It's always good for a laugh. :laugh:

gallagt01

Jun 10, 2006
Sloan
I don't have any inclination that this will actually happen, but to play along, I wonder if Regier could finagle Hemsky and Hartikainen for Miller.

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
I wouldn't be surprised if the oilers were interested in Miller but they won't give up considerable assets for an upcoming UFA, especially when they have a good young goalie already in place in Dubnyk.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
I think the availability of the prospects would be the sticking point. Forget about Miller - I think he would waive to go anywhere at this point.

However, thinking more into it.... We need scoring wingers.... I could see us taking Hemsky as a dump if we got a couple prospects. I just don't think it happens with Edmonton. Nor do I want to add roster bodies for this year
You wouldn't be saying that If Hemsky just needs a change of scenery and we get him playing like in his first 4 season where he respectively had 2 seasons at 70+ points

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
The validity of the rumor aside, Hemsky doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Pegula has gone on record that work ethic is the most important thing for any of his players from this point out. Hemsky does not fit that at all. I would imagine that the Sabres would rather retain salary that bring on a player who is historically known to float. Especially with alot of young forwards on the team.

A deal with Edmonton would involve Dubnyk coming back, and likely some prospects.

Hemsky makes zero sense for the Sabres organizationally, and even if this were coming from a much more respected taking head, it wouldn't make any more sense.

Asher

Jun 23, 2007
I don't have any inclination that this will actually happen, but to play along, I wonder if Regier could finagle Hemsky and Hartikainen for Miller.

You realize Hartikainen just signed a 2 year deal to play for a KHL team, right?

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
You wouldn't be saying that If Hemsky just needs a change of scenery and we get him playing like in his first 4 season where he respectively had 2 seasons at 70+ points

Hemsky's been pretty ineffective and injured the past two seasons and it's not like he's suddenly getting younger or becoming less of a perimeter player. That said adding him as a body if they move an NHL winger or two might not be the worst idea

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Hemsky's been pretty ineffective and injured the past two seasons and it's not like he's suddenly getting younger or becoming less of a perimeter player. That said adding him as a body if they move an NHL winger or two might not be the worst idea
Even if he doesn't ever return to form, he can still play his roll as a garbage can and help towards the Sabres tanking into a 1st overall pick lol

Asher

Jun 23, 2007
Does Hemsky actually have a tangible bad rep or is it assumption?

The part about him being a perimeter player is certainly false.

Most of injuries over the years happened because he's not a perimeter player and defenders would beat the crap out of him for it.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA

I mean....if the player has one or two years left on his deal, I'm pretty sure I'm saying it regardless of the player coming back here.

THIS IS THE ASSESSMENT YEAR. give the ice time to younger guys and let's see what we'll need to address this time next year.

Hemsky does nothing for us short term or long term.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Anything with hockeybuzz and rumor in it should be instantly locked.
Yeah I don't know how legit the site is but still Rotoworld picked up on it and posted it which lead me to hockeybuzz. Rotoworld has been one of my key sites for anything fantasy hockey related and they are pretty good.

Asher

Jun 23, 2007
Yeah I don't know how legit the site is but still Rotoworld picked up on it and posted it which lead me to hockeybuzz. Rotoworld has been one of my key sites for anything fantasy hockey related and they are pretty good.

This the slowest time of the year for NHL GM's (outside of something like Christmas Day). They're out on vacation, not trying to swing deals for 5-6M players. This rumor is made up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad