Rumor: Miller for Hemsky + Prospects is circulating again.

turkulad

Sep 27, 2011
Turku, Finland
As a total outsider, and someone that has significant interest on how Buffalo and NYI do in the long run, I was thinking about a three-way trade that would satisfy the needs of three separate teams. I'd rather just bring this here than post it up on the Trade Rumours since I'd be rather be ripped a new one by fans of one team than three. :laugh:

Buffalo trades: Ryan Miller, Brayden McNabb
Buffalo receives: Michael Grabner, Toni Rajala, Johan Sundstrom, Daniil Zharkov

NYI trades: Michael Grabner, Johan Sundstrom
NYI receives: Ales Hemsky, Brayden McNabb

Edmonton trades: Ales Hemsky, Toni Rajala, Daniil Zharkov
Edmonton receives: Ryan Miller

Edmonton rids itself of Hemsky's cap to get Miller, and in exchange parts with two forward prospects that Buffalo needs to make the deal fair for them. No slouches either of them, and getting a great goaltender is good enough incentive to bare the cupboard a bit.

NYI has Strome and Nelson (Lee too) coming up soon so dealing Grabner out of their Top9 isn't too much of a loss, and considering they would net themselves a good young Dman that gets lost in your depth (and outshun by your new Draft 2013 toys) and a forward that might lit it up on his contract year next to Tavares. Considering Moulson's contract is up too and they have a few faces in PMB/Clutterbuck to begin with, their lineup is bound to experience a lot of changes either way.

You let go of one year of Miller and to get a legit roster asset that is young enough to be there for your rebuild/retooling and to get yourself offensive prospects out of the deal (Rajala is a Finn too!), you let go of McNabb, which shouldn't hurt your depth too heavily.

Have at it. Sorry in advance if I totally screwed you guys over or sth. :laugh:

Last edited:

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
The Isles aren't interested. Grabner's under contract until the end of 2015-2016. I don't seeing McNabb being close to bridging the gap between three years of his speedy production and a brittle, pricey Hemsky in his last year before unrestricted free agency.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

The crux of this is the islanders part......dont see them doing a grabner for Hemsky deal.

Im not all that high on Rajala. The edmonton-buffalo part of Miller for Hemsky+ Zharkov+ something else/2nd 2014 could work (turns into a 1st if Edmonton make the playoffs).

The Islanders would want something better or something more than just Hemsky. The Sundstrum-McNabb portion is about equal.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
As a total outsider, and someone that has significant interest on how Buffalo and NYI do in the long run, I was thinking about a three-way trade that would satisfy the needs of three separate teams. I'd rather just bring this here than post it up on the Trade Rumours since I'd be rather be ripped a new one by fans of one team than three. :laugh:

Edmonton rids itself of Hemsky's cap to get Miller, and in exchange parts with two forward prospects that Buffalo needs to make the deal fair for them. No slouches either of them, and getting a great goaltender is good enough incentive to bare the cupboard a bit.

NYI has Strome and Nelson (Lee too) coming up soon so dealing Grabner out of their Top9 isn't too much of a loss, and considering they would net themselves a good young Dman that gets lost in your depth (and outshun by your new Draft 2013 toys) and a forward that might lit it up on his contract year next to Tavares. Considering Moulson's contract is up too and they have a few faces in PMB/Clutterbuck to begin with, their lineup is bound to experience a lot of changes either way.

You let go of one year of Miller and to get a legit roster asset that is young enough to be there for your rebuild/retooling and to get yourself offensive prospects out of the deal (Rajala is a Finn too!), you let go of McNabb, which shouldn't hurt your depth too heavily.

Take the isles out of the mix. Zero interesting in the oft injured, high priced Hemsky.

Last yr Boyes ($1m), almost doubled Hemsky's ($5m) production. Isles will go with some combo of Bouchard/Okposo/Strome in the top two rw spots and Moulson/Bailey/Grabner in the top three lw spots.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad