Confirmed with Link: Miles Wood signed to three year ELC

GeNeXt

Jul 5, 2012
Maybe Brayden Schenn. He's a guy who looks bigger than he's listed, fast, and plays both a physical and skilled game.

HenriquesJawLine

Mar 6, 2009
My thought on a comparable player to Wood was a prime Ryane Clowe. Wood isn't that big, and I don't remember Clowe ever being that fast, but I could still see a potential comparison.

Prime Ryane Clowe was a fantastic player, 50+ point power forward. I'd be thrilled with 40 points, he is definitely faster than Clowe ever was though. The thing I was most impressed with Clowe was his vision, he was a very good playmaker. Not sure if Wood has that in his game but I am excited to see what he does in Albany next year.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm almost positive that was their most successful team in recent years until Hellebuyck carried USA to a Bronze last year.

Haha yup.

The Gionta and Carter Team USA world championships team actually got bronze too, if I recall correctly.

I remember Blimpy Bishop losing his starting job in the last couple of games, after Kovalchuk and Ovechkin (straight off their annual choke to the Rangers) lit him up badly in one game. Then John Gibson took over and they got the bronze. I almost wanna say they beat Russia with Gibson in net.

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
My thought on a comparable player to Wood was a prime Ryane Clowe. Wood isn't that big, and I don't remember Clowe ever being that fast, but I could still see a potential comparison.

What? Wood is an extremely fast player that seems to be a player that plays a north south type of game, Clowe was a slow player that had good playmaking ability. This is a strange comparison.

hutter

Mar 6, 2014
What? Wood is an extremely fast player that seems to be a player that plays a north south type of game, Clowe was a slow player that had good playmaking ability. This is a strange comparison.

So far most of the good comments about his offensive abilities have been about his playmaking. Clowe wasn't really as slow as he was here while in San Jose, especially early on in his career before his knee injury. I don't really see the comparison though in terms of how they actually play. All I see are two large late draft picks that put up a lot of assists prior to hitting the pros.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I like the Chimera comparison by FMASC.

I just hope that he could improve a bit more than that to become a complimentary forward in the top six rather than the third line player that Chimera has been for a majority of his career. Although to be fair, Chimera has produced pretty well given he's usually been the 3LW on Washingtons roster for the last several years.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
I like the Chris Kreider comparison. I think they both have similar body types and playing styles, although Wood is probably more of a playmaker. I'm pretty sure Wood also put up similar number to Kreider in his peak years at B.C.

Tretyak 20

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site

So far most of the good comments about his offensive abilities have been about his playmaking. Clowe wasn't really as slow as he was here while in San Jose, especially early on in his career before his knee injury. I don't really see the comparison though in terms of how they actually play. All I see are two large late draft picks that put up a lot of assists prior to hitting the pros.

Clowe was alot faster in his prime than the broken down glue factory player we ended up with. What I'm saying is they both look like players who are very positionally smart, use their speed/size, and play an aggressive forechecking game. Clowe was a guy who put up more points than his skill set suggested, and I think Wood could do that too.

It's just hard to say after only a 13 minute sample size. Ultimately though, I'm pretty excited about his future.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad