Confirmed with Link: Miles Wood signed to three year ELC

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Sucks for BC, the guy came in as one of their most hyped recruits ever, lived up to the hype, and then left a day after they lost in the Frozen Four.

Their loss is our gain though. Really excited to see what he can do.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
So excited that Shero got this done so quickly along with Santini and Jacobs.

I'd like to think it helped having Shero and Fitzgeralds kids be his teammates all year. :laugh: helped keep close tabs on him. Can't wait to see what he can do!

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Sad to see him leave BC after one year but he was an older freshman so can't say i am stunned. You're gonna love him. Great skater and physical player. Good offensive upside, just needs to work on his finishing skills.

The Wumpus

bottomless pit supervisor
May 9, 2011
Morristown, NJ
BC's roster is going to be decimated by pro signings. Such is life in the NCAA. They are a fine program and will get new guys in, maybe even some of our future picks.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
I should add that the last guy to fly down the wing with this power and speed at BC was Chris Kreider. Kreider a better finisher, Wood a better playmaker.

I'm not a scout and don't know what the pundits have been saying but I have to believe Wood is considered one of the steals of the draft where you got him.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
I should add that the last guy to fly down the wing with this power and speed at BC was Chris Kreider. Kreider a better finisher, Wood a better playmaker.

I'm not a scout and don't know what the pundits have been saying but I have to believe Wood is considered one of the steals of the draft where you got him.

Thanks for sharing your insight, all of us are really excited to see Wood play with us.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Sucks for BC, the guy came in as one of their most hyped recruits ever, lived up to the hype, and then left a day after they lost in the Frozen Four.

Their loss is our gain though. Really excited to see what he can do.

Was he really that hyped up a recruit?
I thought he kind of surprised them.

Comparison Ford

i got a star
Sponsor
May 25, 2008
LA
BC's roster is going to be decimated by pro signings. Such is life in the NCAA. They are a fine program and will get new guys in, maybe even some of our future picks.

This will actually help us though for next year in terms of prospects too, because we will see how Dudek can play. He'll definitely get more ice time.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007

I believe Wood was a bit of a late bloomer. He was also an older player in prep hockey at Nobles in MA. his path to BC wasn't the norm these days but when he committed it was viewed as a huge get by BC. I think he may have originally committed to Brown? Then more people started to notice and his game took off.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012

I forgot who it was, it might have been a random BC blogger, but they were so excited when Wood committed to BC. Saying how big this was and how good of a player Wood can be. So at the very least some people were aware of his talents.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
I believe Wood was a bit of a late bloomer. He was also an older player in prep hockey at Nobles in MA. his path to BC wasn't the norm these days but when he committed it was viewed as a huge get by BC. I think he may have originally committed to Brown? Then more people started to notice and his game took off.

yeah, he was a brown committal

end of the vid they talk about it a little

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Best thing about that is now we have a plus example for guys the next time some prospect unfollows us on Twitter :laugh:

I figured it was suspicious timing anyway, what exactly would have happened to make him forsake us in the middle of a college season, a year and a half away from UFA? It was just innocuous like some said and focusing on his college season. I'd have been more paranoid if it happened this offseason :P

HobokenIrish

May 3, 2011
Charlotte, NC
Best thing about that is now we have a plus example for guys the next time some prospect unfollows us on Twitter :laugh:

I figured it was suspicious timing anyway, what exactly would have happened to make him forsake us in the middle of a college season, a year and a half away from UFA? It was just innocuous like some said and focusing on his college season. I'd have been more paranoid if it happened this offseason :P

Yeah, in a slow news cycle as fans we may end up focusing on something as meaningless as who follows who on twitter, etc.. "But maybe it does mean something!!" Argghhh

Either way, great to have him in the mix and not to have to worry about the rare case of fleeing for Free Agency post college.

High hopes for Wood!!

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
Yeah, in a slow news cycle as fans we may end up focusing on something as meaningless as who follows who on twitter, etc.. "But maybe it does mean something!!" Argghhh

Either way, great to have him in the mix and not to have to worry about the rare case of fleeing for Free Agency post college.

High hopes for Wood!!

that'll prob be me :laugh:

in other news, santini doesn't have twitter, so he's not following the devils. i don't think he likes us.

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
Can someone comment if this affects the expansion draft protection - for Zacha, Wood and Santini?

HischierSeDgewOrk

May 6, 2007
Monmouth County, NJ
I think having Shero was a big reason Wood signed with us.
I couldn't see lou giving him a max rookie salary of 925,00 with the promise of burning a year by just letting him play one game.
If lou were still GM, I don't think he would have signed this easily.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad